AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5 - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #391
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

Great effort from Nole. Truly greats of the game never know when they are defeated and thats what exactly what he did. I saw him huffing and puffing at the start of the third set and he showed incredible reserve to win it. He really is a fourth set Goat.
As for murray he has to take the final step. For some reason he doesnt believe he can win the whole match when he is ahead. Its a small but a crucial one that he needs to fix. And i hope he does because he is too good a player to lose out
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #392
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
The only set he lost where he was leading was the fifth, and that can be attributed as much to Djokovic's fight than anything else.
He may have won the set, but Murray's mental collapse in the third set probably lost him the match. People may call him a faker in other incidents, but Djokovic was clearly struggling there and Murray had a trillion break points that he almost exclusively threw away with poor play. Hell, pretty much 90% of points Djokovic won in the first half of that set were from horrendus Murray errors. Murray just collapsed mentally and even though he eventually did win the set, the effort killed him and he played Djokovic back into the match.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #393
country flag Farenhajt

Farenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond reputeFarenhajt has a reputation beyond repute

Cross-era H2H: Djokovic one, Lendl zero.

A big caveat for all the analysts, journalists, coaches, serious fans and the like: You can analyze Nole's weaknesses day in and day out, you can even devise the ways to exploit them, and you would probably get it all right - but you can BENEFIT from all that ONLY if he lets you to.

As for Lendl, it is now obvious that, for Murray, he's nowhere near a gene therapy. He's mere botox.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #394
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
Considering how fast Roland Garros is, he will have an outside chance there. He can win Wimbledon. I like Rafa, alot, but Andy would have beat him w/out a doubt if they had played, playing the way he did against Novak. Rafa, just got the better draw w/ the swiss miss on his half.
Murray beating Nadal is always in doubt. Nadal wouldn't let Murray play the way he did against Djokovic, just like Djokovic doesn't let Rafa play as well as he does against Murray.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #395
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

That 3rd set had nothing to do with Murray. Usually after Djokovic loses a tiebreak (or a tight set), he has a tendency to go for broke. Here are some perfect examples from last year:

Australian Open: Lost second set tiebreak to Dodig. Next set: 6-0 to Djokovic
Dubai: Lost first set tiebreak to Berdych. Next set: 6-2 to Djokovic
U.S. Open: lost second set tiebreak to Tipsarevic. Next set: 6-0 to Djokovic
U.S. Open: lost 3rd set tiebreak to Nadal. Next set: 6-1 to Djokovic

The 6-1 set with Murray was NID
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #396
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
That 3rd set had nothing to do with Murray. Usually after Djokovic loses a tiebreak (or a tight set), he has a tendency to go for broke.
That's one of reasons he is the best in the world. He is prepared to stay focused no matter which the scoreline is. Usually TB changes the momentum, and a player who loses needs a couple games to recover, Djokovic is able to erase from his mind an unfortunate set and begin the following with very positive attitude (Nadal can to that as well).
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #397
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
He may have won the set, but Murray's mental collapse in the third set probably lost him the match. People may call him a faker in other incidents, but Djokovic was clearly struggling there and Murray had a trillion break points that he almost exclusively threw away with poor play. Hell, pretty much 90% of points Djokovic won in the first half of that set were from horrendus Murray errors. Murray just collapsed mentally and even though he eventually did win the set, the effort killed him and he played Djokovic back into the match.
100% spot on.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #398
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Only saw the last set of the match, so I cannot really comment on the nature of play up to that point.

Obviously I'm pleased that Muzza made a match of it, when potentially Djokovic would win fairly comfortably. However, I'm disappointed with that 5th set, and that alone demonstrates the area where Muzza MUST improve his game/approach...he needs to really develop that killing instinct to beat Djokovic/Nadal/Federer in Slam matches.

It was predictable that Muzza would fold first in that fifth set and, whilst I was encouraged that he fought his way back into it (to get to 5-5), he let Djokovic off the hook again when he didn't convert on one of those 3 bps...TWO of those were winnable. He might not have won the match had he broken for *6-5, but at least he would have forced Djokovic right up against a wall. It was a shame he couldn't manage that.

In all, it was another encouraging effort from Muzza, and he needs to remain patient in his search for a first Slam. It won't happen at the French Open, and it is unlikely to happen at Wimbledon either.

Like last year, he needs to hope that Djokovic and Nadal will battle each other into the ground over the course of the season, and start to tire in time for the US Open. If the USTA follow up on their intention to speed up the courts again (after last year's laughably slow surface), it will be a bonus for him (although also for Federer, principally).

The best thing Muzza can do for now is to focus on his next events, and aim to: (a) win matches; (b) win without playing himself into the ground. Another post-Slam slump won't do him any good, and he needs to work on developing a bit of a 'fear factor' to reduce the threat from some of his nearest rivals (Del Potro, Berdych, Tsonga etc).
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #399
country flag MurrayMagic1

MurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle View Post
You thought a tight 2 sets to 1 lead was insurmountable by the world #1? I commend you for admitting that you know very little about the game and have only a cursory interest in the sport itself....If only the remaining 70% MTF clowns would do the same!
I had to go away somewhere when the third set came on
MurrayMagic1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #400
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere Andy's post match interview??

Djokovic Nadal Ferrer Murray Del Potro

race list

FEDAL RIVALRY = >>>CLICK<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Fraud's luck is absolutely disgusting.
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #401
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncer7 View Post
Anywhere Andy's post match interview??
Here http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...673723322.html

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #402
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrepitude View Post
Murray says it was 'a very good match'
Only the 5th set can be called a good quality set, and even that might be under impression thinking because of the drama there.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #403
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
That 3rd set had nothing to do with Murray. Usually after Djokovic loses a tiebreak (or a tight set), he has a tendency to go for broke. Here are some perfect examples from last year:

Australian Open: Lost second set tiebreak to Dodig. Next set: 6-0 to Djokovic
Dubai: Lost first set tiebreak to Berdych. Next set: 6-2 to Djokovic
U.S. Open: lost second set tiebreak to Tipsarevic. Next set: 6-0 to Djokovic
U.S. Open: lost 3rd set tiebreak to Nadal. Next set: 6-1 to Djokovic

The 6-1 set with Murray was NID
Great post MIMIC, I was wondering the same because he seem's to come storming back each time a set seems to get a away from him. Sign of a champion - has to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal
Only the 5th set can be called a good quality set, and even that might be under impression thinking because of the drama there.
That is a fucking ridiculous statement. I'm guessing there's no bias for or against a player here, no?

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #404
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic ice cube View Post
Great post MIMIC, I was wondering the same because he seem's to come storming back each time a set seems to get a away from him. Sign of a champion - has to be said.

That is a fucking ridiculous statement. I'm guessing there's no bias for or against a player here, no?
What was good before the 5th set? Poor quality in the first 3 sets and anyone will tell you that. In the 4th Djokovic played solid, but Murray didn't even try.

As someone said in the livescore thread, make this match end like 10-8 in the 5th and people will be calling it epic.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #405
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

I'm under no illusion to think that if it goes into a long fifth set that it would automatically qualify as an epic match. I honestly think that this was a high quality game that was extremely tight. It was compelling to watch. I don't see how you can justify saying it was shit up until the fifth, but maybe you have your own reasons. It was certainly better than the other semi anyway.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote