AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5 - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #361
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
I hate both so this is my honest assessment of the match.

Just a ridiculous match on so many levels - amazing points interlaced with some horrific shit from both players. IMO the usual worrying signs for Murray. Incessant choking and poor second serves cost him almost every time he went a break up. The failure to capitalize during Fakervic's massive lull in the second set even though he won the two sets was pretty costly. Had he won both quickly like he could very well have put Nole away. The way Murray gave away the forth set was pathetic - at bare minimum he should have made Fakervic serve it out. Thats one of the differences between the two guys - Nole made him work to the limit in the third while Murray just handed him the fourth set after one break (in a match where no one is holding serve half the time). Its kinda hard to see him winning this matchup if he can't even beat this version of Nole. Was Murray's mental game any better from last year? He tanked the 4th, gave away numerous breaks and had some huge brain farts at critical times (that FH drive volley in the fifth ) He did make a great comeback from 2-5 down but some of was down to Faker choking - he won like 3 out of 17 points at one stage or something stupid.

The antics from Nole were on full display but he was obviously struggling for at least parts of the match. There was a period when he was literally walking during points, hitting uncharacteristic slice forehands from neutral (by his standard) positions and even threw in some moonball drop shots for good measure. He seemed to get a second wind when he say Murray struggling to put him away during his lowest period. I'm sure adrenaline probably helped as well. Murray looked worse off than him at the end but we've all seen his on court demeanor before when hes losing so its not that unusual.

As for the actual tennis - what the hell is up with this court? Looks slow as shit and balls fluff up after about 2 games. The amount of 20+ rallies was obscene - both guys couldn't put it away due to their defence and neither wanted to volley at all Well Faker did try and almost failed every time. Must have been almost 20 breaks of serve in this game...that is stooping to WTA levels.

The line calling was at times atrocious and amazing other times. How many times did they challenge and see the ball being 1-2 millimetres out?
Close. 18 breaks of serve with Nole having 11 and Murray 7
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #362
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMagic1 View Post
well Done Nole but I really wanted Andy to win this match. .. I was so desperate for him to win it... I switched the telly off when Andy won the third.. cause I thought the had won the match already... and then I turned the telly back on and Nole beat Andy 6-1 in the 4th and then the 5th set literally killed me.. I was not happy with the result but 2012 is Muzzah's year Great match well Done Muzzah for making it a real tennis match... just you wait for the clay season to begin I feel Andy's tennis on the clay has improved dramatically... and by the way thank you for the majority of poeple on MTF for supporting and respecting Andys efforts for this match..
You thought a tight 2 sets to 1 lead was insurmountable by the world #1? I commend you for admitting that you know very little about the game and have only a cursory interest in the sport itself....If only the remaining 70% MTF clowns would do the same!

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #363
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
Djokovic looked sick from the beginning of the match.

As for Murray, he had a few heavy forehand and backhands here or there, but only a few.

He needs to work on going for more of them. A few doesn't cut it.

His second serve was suspect (70-80 MPH range).

He relied too much on the crosscourt forehand.

And he needs a forehand down the line.
You noticed this as well? Even Influenzavic has enough in the tank to get the job done when it matters.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #364
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

What a match, excruciating to watch!

Big kudos to both players for such an amazing display of fight and bravery.
I bowdown to them. Nole too good in the end.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #365
country flag cocrcici

cocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond reputecocrcici has a reputation beyond repute

Nole
Andy
Thiem
Summer is coming...
cocrcici is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #366
country flag NJ88

NJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond reputeNJ88 has a reputation beyond repute

What a match!

Credit to both guys, it could have honestly gone either way which is something I didnt think I'd say before the match started. I honestly didnt think Murray had much of a shot, thought he would maybe take one set but not take it so close as it was. Murray shouldnt take this as a negative at all (and by the looks of thing in interviews etc he's taking it very positively), he's proved he can go toe to toe with the best player in the world and have opportunities to beat him. All he needed to do was take one or two more of his chances and he would have had that match.

He did so well to come back in that final set and make it as close as he did, showed great heart and great fighting spirit. Credit to Djokovic, he came back from 2-1 down to win and fought as hard as he could. I think he wins this tournament against Nadal. He plays so well in tight situations, best player in the world no doubt.

I predict fantastic seasons for both Murray and Djokovic. Honestly I feel these two are the future, Nadal and Fed are going to decline and Murray will only get stronger mentally with Djokovic continuing to play as well as he did.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #367
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
i dont see enough credit for lendl in this thread, yea murray played great and was more positive than usual throughout the match but lets not forget lendl might have something to do with it.
I AGREE! That, and the fact that his mother wasn't there was a help too. If Andy wants Lendl's help, he will have to produce and not act like a jerk on court. Ivan will not put up with childish behavior from Andy or anyone else.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #368
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Great match (after a slow start) some incredible tennis by both. was really hoping muzza would pull it off but that was some final set..
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #369
country flag dav abu

dav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond reputedav abu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just in and logged on for the first time after the match so no time to read all of the thread but after a quick scan of the media (BBC, Yahoo etc) did Murray win the match today?! The British media certainly seem to think so! never has a loser been so lauded for losing a match. Great for Murray to have played such a huge part in a fantastic match but come on he still lost after being 2-1 up in the match. Well done to the winner Djokovic and to the beaten Murray who played his part but let's leave the praise for Murray at that surely?!
dav abu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #370
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Mugray Could barely make the match 5 hours long I was counting on a 6 hour+ marathon

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #371
country flag Friday16

Friday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond reputeFriday16 has a reputation beyond repute

Good match! It was a big chance for Murray but i'm sure he'll win a slam one day.
Friday16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #372
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Read first post... cut to the end to avoid all the fuckwittery...
Great match - proud of my boy! And good luck to Nole in the Final!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #373
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, once and for all to all these idiots accusing Novak of acting about his problems and fooling Murray:

Quote:
Q. How well were you aware of his physical presence, especially in the fifth set? He was breathing heavy.

ANDY MURRAY: He's done it many times before. He runs very well even when he's breathing heavy. That's something we spoke about before the match.

Even if he looks tired or he's breathing heavy, you just kind of got to put your foot down on the accelerator and not wait for him to miss because he's hitting the ball so cleanly, as well.

If he is tired, which both of us will have been tired at different points during that match, you know, he's hitting the ball so cleanly, he's going for shots and making them, shortening the points.

I was ready for that. He was similar in the last match. But he moved fine.
you can read, right?
zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 AM   #374
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

andrew the incredible.

andrew stands on the cold blue hard court- every toe in his trainers is stinging. his hands are aching- his vision almost blurry now- but focused on one last task

win this point and he defeats the best player in the world- books his place in the final and becomes a legend for his heroics- maybe the slam is almost assured

how did it come to this....

a quick look up to his box- what a contrast with the box of the serb
iron will cold hard ivan, not an emotion on his face. maybe one of the few men andrew respects
a better father figure than a drunk scot who doesn't know a thing about tennis- and certainly better than his overbearing mother trying so damn hard to take over every facet of his life
a cold hard czech- the only man who can understand him is in his box- by his side

jelena plays every point with her man- if there is such a thing as love then jelena and novak are perfect descriptions- she watches his every match- cheers his every point- jelena cant believe her luck to land the most available bachelor in serbia- and she knows it.

and then andy notices kim- if he is really quiet, he wonders, will she finally fall asleep this time
such a contrast- even her cheering seems forced.

andrew, for a change, decided to not be the spoilt brat who has been given the kingdom because he is the only chance britian has of destroying its curse

he has actually fought tooth and nail for every point and instead of feeling that he has deserved it, he has grabbed it- he has earned it

on the other side of the net is the best player in the world- and for most of the match murray has outplayed him in every single way
even when he was down- murray has fought steel with steel, fire with fire
murray has throw as many shots as nole has- worked just as hard, and forced nole into the biggest crisis of his tournament

one more point- thats all he needs

not minutes ago- he was 2-5 down- he was dead, he was buried- another close run they would say- he simply isnt good enough-

but here he is- 5-5 break point- murray wins this and he can serve it out- he "will" serve it out- he will destroy the undefeatable- the nadal killer

one more point-

and then it finally hits- the relevance of the point- the importance of what he is about to do

the man on he other side hits just the same but all of a sudden it feels like bullets are exploding into his racquet- every shot feels like his arm will fall off- his legs so light a second ago- now lead

andy cannot risk a shot- instead he turtles into his shell- he holds back- let nole make a mistake his mind tells him- dont throw this away= play it safe

play

it

safe.

- and that is the career of someone who will never be great because he played it safe
Old 01-28-2012, 01:16 AM   #375
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
What a match, excruciating to watch!

Big kudos to both players for such an amazing display of fight and bravery.
I bowdown to them. Nole too good in the end.
Not really. Andy placing routine shots into the net at 15-40 5-5 in the fifth had little to do with Novak. I fear this could be a stain on Murray's mind similar to the Wimbledon semi against Nadal last year This match was in the bag.
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote