AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5 - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #346
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydey View Post
Murray tanked set 4. Djokovic didn't tank set 2, you utter tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
You have little clue of ATP tennis, stick to the mickey mouse WTA.
Bless, so predictable to go for personal attacks because you have no actual argument.

Bottom line is that

a) It was overall a poorly played match from both. The stats (49/69 for Novak 47/86 Murray) are atrocious but still probably too kind to both.

b) It made absolutely no sense for Djokovic to start faking an injury/tiredness while up 6-3 2-0 and BP.

c) Even if he was indeed faking, the fact is that he still wasn't moving much, served embarrassingly bad and was doing absolutely fuck-all with the ball. Murray had such a golden opportunity, but he mentally fell apart and made such a ridiculous meal out of set 3 which left him tired.

d) Yes Murray definitely tanked the last game of set 4 when there was no chance of winning, but that was clearly to conserve fitness because he had nothing in the tank and was screaming at his legs to move in the fifth set. He was tired and a step slow in the fifth until it was time for Novak to serve it out.

e) Murray played great from behind and fought impressively when the pressure was off, but fact is that he folded practically every time was leading and had a chance to put Djokovic away.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #347
country flag r3d_d3v1l_

r3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
i dont see enough credit for lendl in this thread, yea murray played great and was more positive than usual throughout the match but lets not forget lendl might have something to do with it.
When people say Murray played ofensively, i think that itself it´s a compliment to Lendl. I wouldn´t see him changing his game that much with the previous team he had.
r3d_d3v1l_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #348
country flag River
Babolat > Other Racquets

River has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus.

Does anyone have something GOOD to say about both of them?

It's like one sucks and the other is god's gift to Sparta or something.

It was a good match!

"Tennis is Dea-"
"Just Shut the Hell Up and quit watching already."

ATP
Roddick | Nadal | Isner | Nishikori
WTA
Sharapova <3 | Wozniacki

River is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #349
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
e) Murray played great from behind and fought impressively when the pressure was off, but fact is that he folded practically every time was leading and had a chance to put Djokovic away.
The only set he lost where he was leading was the fifth, and that can be attributed as much to Djokovic's fight than anything else.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #350
country flag sicko

sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Jesus.

Does anyone have something GOOD to say about both of them?

It's like one sucks and the other is god's gift to Sparta or something.

It was a good match!
I'm sorry to say that, but your sig....with roddick in there....just seems beyond pathetic
sicko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #351
country flag River
Babolat > Other Racquets

River has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond reputeRiver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
I'm sorry to say that, but your sig....with roddick in there....just seems beyond pathetic
Well, considering this sig was made in 2010, I have officially used it to locate assholes from a distance.

Asshole found. lol

EDIT: Oh god, I've fallen to this idiot's level...

Please forgive me, oh good-natured tennis fans!

"Tennis is Dea-"

ATP
WTA
Sharapova <3 | Wozniacki

Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #352
country flag sicko

sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Well, considering this sig was made in 2010, I have officially used it to locate assholes from a distance.

Asshole found. lol
this sig was at no time accurate.

but nice way to judge people you hero.
sicko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #353
country flag River
Babolat > Other Racquets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
this sig was at no time accurate.

but nice way to judge people you hero.
Wtf?

He was in the top 10 in 2010 and one of only 4-5 people who had a slam in the top 25 with a great GS record?

lol what are you smoking?

"Tennis is Dea-"

ATP
WTA
Sharapova <3 | Wozniacki

Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #354
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

I hate both so this is my honest assessment of the match.

Just a ridiculous match on so many levels - amazing points interlaced with some horrific shit from both players. IMO the usual worrying signs for Murray. Incessant choking and poor second serves cost him almost every time he went a break up. The failure to capitalize during Fakervic's massive lull in the second set even though he won the two sets was pretty costly. Had he won both quickly like he could very well have put Nole away. The way Murray gave away the forth set was pathetic - at bare minimum he should have made Fakervic serve it out. Thats one of the differences between the two guys - Nole made him work to the limit in the third while Murray just handed him the fourth set after one break (in a match where no one is holding serve half the time). Its kinda hard to see him winning this matchup if he can't even beat this version of Nole. Was Murray's mental game any better from last year? He tanked the 4th, gave away numerous breaks and had some huge brain farts at critical times (that FH drive volley in the fifth ) He did make a great comeback from 2-5 down but some of was down to Faker choking - he won like 3 out of 17 points at one stage or something stupid.

The antics from Nole were on full display but he was obviously struggling for at least parts of the match. There was a period when he was literally walking during points, hitting uncharacteristic slice forehands from neutral (by his standard) positions and even threw in some moonball drop shots for good measure. He seemed to get a second wind when he say Murray struggling to put him away during his lowest period. I'm sure adrenaline probably helped as well. Murray looked worse off than him at the end but we've all seen his on court demeanor before when hes losing so its not that unusual.

As for the actual tennis - what the hell is up with this court? Looks slow as shit and balls fluff up after about 2 games. The amount of 20+ rallies was obscene - both guys couldn't put it away due to their defence and neither wanted to volley at all Well Faker did try and almost failed every time. Must have been almost 20 breaks of serve in this game...that is stooping to WTA levels.

The line calling was at times atrocious and amazing other times. How many times did they challenge and see the ball being 1-2 millimetres out?

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #355
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

can someone please provide some quality highlights, I cant find any?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #356
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

watching it again. djoko's fh winner on 2 sets all, 5-5, 30-40 is beyond belief.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #357
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Bad quality match although very dramatic. Nole was serving horrifically and could barely get a first serve in at times. Murray really should have won this match, but I'm sure that if Nole had played better it would have been over in 3 sets.
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #358
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMagic1 View Post
welcome aboard the Murray express everyone who have just became Murray fans Murray fans are the best! Llendl is a legend Thank u Llendl for turning Andy into a even more awesome tennis player
I was going to say something nice about Murray but your post put me right off him again. Thanks for bringing me back from the brink.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #359
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

Rome, all over again. An amazing match, that I though Murray should have took, but Novak just too strong. He is a machine. This is the best matchup in mens tennis by far, it made the other sf look like a couple of qualifiers.

If Rafa, serves about 80%, he might keep it close. Novak's return of serve is scary good.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #360
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guga2120 View Post
This is the best matchup in mens tennis by far, it made the other sf look like a couple of qualifiers.
Last year they played only 3 matches against each other with one retirement. I hope they're going to play 5-6 matches this year because indeed, their match up is exciting on many different levels.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote