AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5 - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #301
Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
Novak was clearly dead by the third set and Murray should have EASED through the rest of the match.
and you really bought that?

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #302
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Nole is one slippery fish
Thought Murray was going to pull the upset.
There was some dodgy line calls in the 5th--especially with one of Murray's lobs.
Oh they kept that up did they? I lost track of how many bad line calls there were in the second and third, mostly on Murray's aces and winners by either player.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #303
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
Had no idea Muzza was retiring form professional tennis?
He gets Murray mixed up with Fed all the time for some reason.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #304
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't watch the match but sounds like a good one. I'm happy with the result, too. Hopefully we'll get some roast pig come sunday.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #305
country flag sicko

sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite amazing how much this nole has matured. I really think people are underestimating the effect his new mindset has had on his game. Actually, it had
the biggest effect by a large margin. It's this what separates nole 2.0 from old nole, not so much his game. He always had the game, sincer the USO 07 F it was evident that he'd be able to beat fed.

Proof of that are his interviews, he is so eloquent and really seems to be quite sharp in his mind (didn't seem so when he won his first titles) can you imagine some years ago at RG (08 I think) he didn't know who had the most RG titles?? today he seems like an expert...
sicko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #306
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, wish I hadn't missed it. Must have been a cracker.

There's no question Andy has the technical capability to win a slam. He just needs to show more mental consistency. The difference between this result and last year's final illustrates the need to peak for slam finals.

I'm sure he can work his way towards it. Lendl is the perfect man for the job.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #307
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
You can't help but bring me up in a Murray thread? What a shocker.

I'm actually liking this result. The scoreline says it all. 5 sets. Hard 5 sets. Djokovic was lucky to survive. Surely that says a lot about Murray? Plus, a semi-final isn't bad. The US Open hardcourts are better suited to Andy, so his year is looking very good already.
He was, but he will always have these extra points to beat Murray.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #308
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I couldn't watch all of the match, but the bits I saw were GOOD - from both sides. Much, much higher level of tennis than the other semifinal. Maybe I've somehow only seen the good parts?

Congrats to Djoko but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for Muzza . Still I feel he'll indeed have a great 2012 if he keeps up this level.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #309
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Damn, wish I hadn't missed it. Must have been a cracker.

There's no question Andy has the technical capability to win a slam. He just needs to show more mental consistency. The difference between this result and last year's final illustrates the need to peak for slam finals.

I'm sure he can work his way towards it. Lendl is the perfect man for the job.
More than anything, knowing that Lendl is in the stands watching him will keep Andy on his toes. The last thing he wants is for Lendl to see him mentally checking out of a match. He wants to impress Ivan and wants his approval. That's why simply having him there is a huge factor. It's like being under the constant supervision of a teacher who never leaves the classroom.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #310
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

There was some testing going on right after the match, for all those worried someone could be doping in front of millions:

Quote:
Murray upset with late-night drug testing
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/11653217.cms
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #311
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

Good for the game. Murray would fold like a cheap tent in front of Nadal.
I hope he can still win a slam though.

Last edited by EddieNero : 01-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #312
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

I knew it
Old 01-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #313
country flag MurrayMagic1

MurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond repute

well Done Nole but I really wanted Andy to win this match. .. I was so desperate for him to win it... I switched the telly off when Andy won the third.. cause I thought the had won the match already... and then I turned the telly back on and Nole beat Andy 6-1 in the 4th and then the 5th set literally killed me.. I was not happy with the result but 2012 is Muzzah's year Great match well Done Muzzah for making it a real tennis match... just you wait for the clay season to begin I feel Andy's tennis on the clay has improved dramatically... and by the way thank you for the majority of poeple on MTF for supporting and respecting Andys efforts for this match..
MurrayMagic1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #314
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute

What was the tablet that Djokovic secretly ate during one of the change-overs? While holding the towel over his face he slipped something of a dark colouration into his mouth. What the fuck was it?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #315
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyruk14 View Post
What was the tablet that Djokovic secretly ate during one of the change-overs? While holding the towel over his face he slipped something of a dark colouration into his mouth. What the fuck was it?
Ecstasy.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote