Federer on surface homogenisation - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #106
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "These days players have same speed everywhere"

hmmm... fed has trolled the shit out of nadal this year... nadal losing #2 rank, spanish tourney rigging his home court and he can't even bear to sit at the same players council desk... some sith lord this darth fed

more and more everyday federer looks like the nephew uncle toni wished he had...
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #107
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
What a surprise. President of the player's council sticking the knife in.

https://twitter.com/#!/FootFault_/st...54305476812800

Maybe someone should remind the Fed that he's won all his slams in the era of "surface homogenization" too. He's benefited just as much so to pretend otherwise is utterly stupid. He wasn't winning slams in 98.

And the fact is every player has complained NOT about the speed but the slipperiness. Nadal himself said that if this tournament was at the end of the year and safe he'd have no problem - it's the fact that it's 2 weeks before RG and is in completely different conditions that is the issue - he said it was like having Cincy on grass. Not one player has complained about the speed. In fast indoor courts, or even fast outdoor, they can still move without fear of hurting themselves and that's the key.

Fed's just being all "we'll need to look at it again for next year" etc. Stand up for your fellow players for once man.
Federer has said that he benefited from surface homogenization. And anyone with two eyes can see that surfaces used to play more differently in 98 than they do in 2012. Funny how biased you are, Federer says nothing about himself, he just said the conditions were more distinct when he first started playing.
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #108
country flag Jesmond10

Jesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond reputeJesmond10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal himself said that if this tournament was at the end of the year and safe he'd have no problem - it's the fact that it's 2 weeks before RG and is in completely different conditions that is the issue - he said it was like having Cincy on grass.
I agree. Having a pretty big clay event two weeks before Wimbledon is also stupid. That should be changed, cos it really stuffs up the grass-court preparation. Maybe move Roland Garros to grass?
Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #109
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a surprise. President of the player's council sticking the knife in.

https://twitter.com/#!/FootFault_/st...54305476812800

Maybe someone should remind the Fed that he's won all his slams in the era of "surface homogenization" too. He's benefited just as much so to pretend otherwise is utterly stupid. He wasn't winning slams in 98.

And the fact is every player has complained NOT about the speed but the slipperiness. Nadal himself said that if this tournament was at the end of the year and safe he'd have no problem - it's the fact that it's 2 weeks before RG and is in completely different conditions that is the issue - he said it was like having Cincy on grass. Not one player has complained about the speed. In fast indoor courts, or even fast outdoor, they can still move without fear of hurting themselves and that's the key.

Fed's just being all "we'll need to look at it again for next year" etc. Stand up for your fellow players for once man.
I believe more players were injured in Monte Carlo.

Federer 17 GS, 6 Year End Masters, 21 Master Series.
Nadal 14 GS, 0 Year End Masters, 27 Master Series, 1 Olympic Gold.
Djokovic 6 GS, 3 Year End Masters, 19 Master Series.

DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #110
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer: "If you want to be a good clay courter you have to play well everywhere".
https://twitter.com/#!/alvarorama/st...63395003351040

Federer - the King of blue "clay". He can tell himself that Nadal isn't really that good on clay then. This guy is really something. Fed's still to win Rome & MC though - while Nadal's actually won Madrid (which according to Fed "has been slippery for years" - so there you have it - Nadal's won on slippery clay too apparently ).
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #111
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
Federer has said that he benefited from surface homogenization. And anyone with two eyes can see that surfaces used to play more differently in 98 than they do in 2012. Funny how biased you are, Federer says nothing about himself, he just said the conditions were more distinct when he first started playing.
Spot-on.

And once again - every player in Madrid this week had to endure these same nasty court conditions (nobody denies the court is indeed garbage, but nothing new in Madrid ever since it turned to clay), like Verdasco pointed out in a very fair manner in his presser today.

Deal with it, man up, quit the whining. Like it or not, deal with the conditions you're facing. I haven't heard Ferrer whining about the courts in Madrid either so far, might very well be one of the (many) reasons why I like him.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #112
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
I believe more players were injured in Monte Carlo.
Do you think there may be a lack of injuries because the players aren't moving fully this week? The whole court is a joke so they're constantly treading gingerly. MC was one issue at the back of the court and they fixed it - they were unlucky to have so many injuries but all the courts weren't dangerous by any means - the players could move freely.

Anyone could see the players weren't moving normally in Madrid. Novak and Rafa have both said that they couldn't move properly because they were too scared of injuries - that's not something you should be thinking about while in a match.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #113
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/alvarorama/st...63395003351040

Federer - the King of blue "clay". He can tell himself that Nadal isn't really that good on clay then. This guy is really something. Fed's still to win Rome & MC though - while Nadal's actually won Madrid (which according to Fed "has been slippery for years" - so there you have it - Nadal's won on slippery clay too apparently ).

Have you been having a few too many tonight?
It's nothing new that the Madrid court suits Federer a lot better than most of the other clay courts around, it's because Madrid is a relatively fast court.
Once again, nothing new.
Why otherwise did Fed managed to reach RG final last year again? - yup - it was FAST.

And yes, Madrid's court has been a slippery one ever since the very start when it became a clay tournament.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #114
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why? Are we suggesting the courts were way faster in 2003? 2004? 2005? Unless I'm incorrect Nadal was winning in 04, 05 etc. The different grass at Wimbledon has been there since 2001 - this is not a new thing. IW and Miami were always slow etc...

Yes there is less variety - and i think that's bad - but for Federer to make it sound like the "players of today" have it easy and are cruising along whilst he toiled in an era of variety is just plain wrong. Most of his success has come on surfaces similar to the ones today.
Nadal was reaching grass and hardcourts finals left and right in 2004 and 2005, especially at the slams.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #115
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

federer is just saying what everyone already knows
Old 05-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #116
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer: "If you want to be a good clay courter you have to play well everywhere".
dig at nadal, imo
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #117
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
After reading that, this thread is bullcrap for me.
+1
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #118
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

There's not an ounce of doubt in my mind that if the surfaces played like in the 80's/90's nadal would have never won a slam outside of clay and Roger would also not have won RG.

Do the math: 16-1=15, 10-4=6. Nadal benifited way more from surface homogenization.
duarte_a is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #119
country flag ZakMcCrack

ZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond reputeZakMcCrack has a reputation beyond repute

In order to detract attention from the extented awkward moment he created himself by trying to construe a non-ambigous statement Federer made as "point of vantage", the OP goes off on a tangent. Case of displacement activity, I guess.
Sideway trainers like Barrigan
Hear radiant wavy baby skin"
MF DOOM
ZakMcCrack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #120
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan
Exactly! Roger started playing circa 1998, neither Nole nor Rafa were around that time FFS and he's completely right about them having to learn the ropes of different surfaces back then, it wasn't strange to see a guy win RG and then lost early in Wimbledon due to the difference of speed, bounces, etc.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote