Federer on surface homogenisation - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #151
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "These days players have same speed everywhere"

thANK ROGER, marko djokovic is goat.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 01:32 AM   #152
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

heya

Too bad there aren't more threads about Roddick, her contributions to this forum would be the stuff of legends (more than they are actually and she's getting there)

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 AM   #153
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

winning this title is only gonna add to Fed's feet/movement GOATness

love it

oh and someone give Ash86 a box of tissues
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #154
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
winning this title is only gonna add to Fed's feet/movement GOATness

love it

oh and someone give Ash86 a box of tissues
Well, hold on. Upsets are more likely on a unpredictable surface like this. Fed's victory is in no way guaranteed. I can easily see the winner of Berdych / Del Potro winning this.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 AM   #155
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Well, hold on. Upsets are more likely on a unpredictable surface like this. Fed's victory is in no way guaranteed. I can easily see the winner of Berdych / Del Potro winning this.
Correct, this surface is ballbasher heaven (and I love Del Po but to call him anything different... )

Old 05-12-2012, 02:36 AM   #156
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
More like an Anti-Fed guy, not as bad as SdG or guga2120 but getting there
Ash already showed her true colours in the Brilliant Pictures Thread, where (s)he expressed her ignorance in commenting about Fed - to her/his surprise - wearing only one wrist band.

Any proper tennis fan knows he's been wearing only one wrist band for about.. huh, his entire carreer, in other words, some 14 years or so?

In other words: *busted*.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 AM   #157
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

I finally got it. Federer is behind the blue clay He needs clay titles for his resume and the only way he can get them nowdays is to install this slippery blue staff Tiriac is in Federer's pocket!

Seriously, again, it was Federer who always used the "unsafe change of surface" card when DC was concerned. Funny how in his memory he sees himself adopting to a different surface every week Even juniors don't do that! Once you go out on the clay, you simply don't play hard tournaments.
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #158
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
I finally got it. Federer is behind the blue clay He needs clay titles for his resume and the only way he can get them nowdays is to install this slippery blue staff Tiriac is in Federer's pocket!

Seriously, again, it was Federer who always used the "unsafe change of surface" card when DC was concerned. Funny how in his memory he sees himself adopting to a different surface every week Even juniors don't do that! Once you go out on the clay, you simply don't play hard tournaments.
But people play clay tournament after grass and then they move to HC, some challenger players have to move from hard to clay depending on where they are.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #159
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He was, although not directly.

In fast courts, he'd be more prone to upsets/there'd more guys with a shot of taking him out. Serving him off the court like Tsonga last year.

The thing with fast courts is that it makes the top guys more vulnerable to upsets from an on-fire big hitter on any given day.
this is one of those simple gospel posts that crops up every once in a while. spot on.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #160
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

FEDERER, LIKE A BOSS

LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #161
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But people play clay tournament after grass and then they move to HC, some challenger players have to move from hard to clay depending on where they are.
yeah, with the Athens Challenger cropping up on a hardcourt in the middle of the Euro clay swing, several players will have gone clay - hard - clay in successive weeks
Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #162
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, they schedule series of tournaments on different surfaces. Problem with Madrid is that it's a Masters, it's mandatory.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #163
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LleytonMonfils View Post
FEDERER, LIKE A BOSS

Old 05-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #164
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
yeah, with the Athens Challenger cropping up on a hardcourt in the middle of the Euro clay swing, several players will have gone clay - hard - clay in successive weeks
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulzhan View Post
Yes, they schedule series of tournaments on different surfaces. Problem with Madrid is that it's a Masters, it's mandatory.
Madrid's court is weird, they can change the color and the amount of layers (which will give you the bounce) but they cannot change the composition of the surface by ITF/ATP rules, so it is still clay, not hardcourt or grass.

http://www.itftennis.com/technical/e.../courtlist.asp

Tiriac himself explained the courts end up having blocks that were too pressed but the composition is the same, they just added the blue color.

MonteCarlo - slow
Rome - fast
Hamburg - slow

It used to be like that and people didn't complain, even if the bounces were different, I mean it isn't as if Madrid is an indoor hard tournament stuck between two mandatory clay MS

Last edited by Arkulari : 05-12-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:11 AM   #165
country flag gulzhan

Quote:

MonteCarlo - slow
Rome - fast
Hamburg - slow

It used to be like that and people didn't complain, even if the bounces were different, I mean it isn't as if Madrid is an indoor hard tournament stuck between two mandatory clay MS
Has any player asked for permission to use different shoes? Come on, Madrid may be called clay but when it's so fast and slippery, it's a different surface. At least as far as the muscles are concerned