Federer on surface homogenisation - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #136
country flag Tennis-Life

Tennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer: "These days players have same speed everywhere"

Well said Fed
Tennis-Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #137
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3d_d3v1l_ View Post
I always knew this Ash was a major Nadaltard. Their scent is unique.
That's the standard MTF response sadly. To me if you're a "tard" you think everything your player does is great - I don't. Nadal's an idiot about the 2 year ranking, he was an idiot to play Madrid and if he's injured more than Federer it's because of his playing style so he has to just deal with it. Federer is better with handling his schedule and plays a less aggressive style of tennis - good for him.

I also actually don't hate Fed. At times I can really like him - he's funny (in his way) and obviously plays some sensational tennis even if it's not the type that excites me. But just as Nadal complains too much/too openly it's true that Fed too often stays on the fence. To point that out is not being a tard - but you can keep thinking that.

I'm glad we're going to Rome soon to be honest - this whole week has been an exhausting tournament where not much has been said about the tennis itself. Then again the tournament's been on the radar - maybe Tiriac got his wish....
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #138
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Ash starting to crack

Besides, these things are best resolved diplomatically in the council. I hate it when these players wash their dirty laundry to the media, it's a cheap way to further one's own agenda IMO.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #139
country flag Linque

Linque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond reputeLinque has a reputation beyond repute

It's not HARDER to come out and bitch. You are thinking it's hard because few people do it. The reason few people do it is because doing things diplomatically in pro sports is what grown ups do.

They all play the same game, with the same balls, on the same surface. Federer is the one that can win consistently when something surprising happens. This tournament this week is the best evidence showing how fed is truly the best of the three.

Bitches need to bitch.
Linque is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #140
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Maybe someone should remind the Fed that he's won all his slams in the era of "surface homogenization" too. He's benefited just as much so to pretend otherwise is utterly stupid. He wasn't winning slams in 98.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer
Every surface is very similar today, otherwise we couldn't have achieved all these things on all these different surfaces so quickly, like him and myself.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195928

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #141
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

come on guys , maybe federer was beneficit by the homogenization of the surfaces a bit , but that words for me are for nadal in a hide form......it`s clear that nadal take much more advantage and federer say that.

anyway the courts in 2003-2007 were much more faster than now!!!

*us open is more slow since 2010 and 2011.
*australia was much more faster with rebound ace and after 2007 was changed by plexicushion more slow....
*wimbledon after 2007 changed the rolls of grass and was even more slow.

and even the masters cup is much more slow that in houston and shangai!!!

the same nole said that he is better in slow hardcourts and nadal hates all typy of fast courts
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:37 PM   #142
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

gee. fed complained about his injuries the last decade. he won on slow hardcourt and skidding grass where big servers choked every final. there were losers in 2004. he laughed at novak's anger today. it must be humbling for fed
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #143
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At that point there was only that quote.
So you decided to make up your own imaginary story about what Federer must have meant, and posted it as if it were fact.

Quote:
Additionally Fed's ho-hum answer as always doesn't change the fact that as usual he hedges - it's all about "we'll see" etc. - well it's a Masters tournament that no one's been happy with throughout and could jeapordize players' chances in upcoming tournaments - why not call a spade a spade and say it wasn't good? And he's brought up the speed issue when no one has talked about speed.
He said he wasn't happy about it. I'm not sure what else you want.

And he mentioned speed as part of general point about how players are not used to adjusting to different conditions. You really are nitpicking.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #144
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At that point there was only that quote. Additionally Fed's ho-hum answer as always doesn't change the fact that as usual he hedges - it's all about "we'll see" etc. - well it's a Masters tournament that no one's been happy with throughout and could jeapordize players' chances in upcoming tournaments - why not call a spade a spade and say it wasn't good? And he's brought up the speed issue when no one has talked about speed.

Anyway, the point is that Fed has not taken the opportunity to be a leader - he's doing what's best for himself which is fine but quite funny as it's Nadal, Djokovic etc. who are always accused of the same thing. It suits Fed to be seen as a diplomat - far harder to do what Nadal and Novak have done and take a stand.
Yeah, right, that's why he said that the two year ranking would be great for him and the top guys but that he didn't agree with it because it would give it lower ranked players less of a chance to move up the rankings and it wouldn't be fair for the non top guys

Keep going, you're just grasping at straws here.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #145
country flag castle007

castle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesoleil View Post
This seems to be the full quote:
Great answer by Federer! He is always level headed when it comes to answering questions.
castle007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #146
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

With this thread, Ash86 has revealed herself in this thread to be a genuine Nadal tard. I knew it.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #147
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
With this thread, Ash86 has revealed herself in this thread to be a genuine Nadal tard. I knew it.
Doesn't have to be a Rafatard, just a GM tard honestly.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #148
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

More like an Anti-Fed guy, not as bad as SdG or guga2120 but getting there

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #149
country flag zlaja777

zlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond reputezlaja777 has a reputation beyond repute

Cool Story, Bro.
zlaja777 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #150
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Let's look at it this way. For at least six years, aggressive players have been disadvantaged by slowing down of courts all through the season.

And the minute the trend reverses in just one tournament, the boycott threats and blackmailing tactics begin?