AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #106
country flag Fuser59

Fuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Nadal lets Federer choke once again 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
I am a big Federer fan but Nadal's ownage of him makes me believe there is no such thing as GOAT. He is just the most successful grandslams player of all time but I don't know how you can claim to be greatest of all time when you are completely owned by another guy. Folks claiming Nadal is GOAT are full of shit too so I just conclude there is no such thing as GOAT. If Federer was just getting exclusively beaten on clay that's one thing but getting beaten everywhere else is another thing. H2H in slams is positive both on clay and off clay now in Nadal's favor.
I guess your comment is one of the more sensible ones I read for a while...it's in our genetic code to always 'have-to' pick THE ONE who stands alone above the other humans...
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #107
country flag Jamoz

Jamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond reputeJamoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Funny thing is that Nadal is a big man against Fed, but when he is against Djoker it's opposite. Nole is Rafa and Rafa is Fed
Jamoz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #108
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Never in doubt.
It actually was in doubt. It was in doubt when Roger was toying with Rafa in the first set up 3-0. It was even more in doubt after he won the 1st set. It was further in doubt when he broke at love in the 2nd to lead 76 10. Also in doubt at *43 Roger in the 3rd.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #109
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
Nadal made dozens of amazing and almost impossible shots. Dozens = no fluke! How can that be luck, even to your stupid and twisted logic standards, Nadal hatas?
I's just kind of lame to see those kind of shots determine the match

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #110
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I can only hope for Muzza to actually *show up* tomorrow now, and give Djoko a run for his money lasting at least five hours. Otherwise...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #111
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
A good result for the game.
Agree, a 31 years old man in a final of a slam would have been a farce for tennis.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #112
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

meh. Nadal with some luck on his side but all in all a normal performance with his normal defensive and intense game. Fed with pretty stupid tactics running in on many bad shots where Nadal had the entire day to find a passing shot. 75% of Nadals winners was due to Fed leaving the entire court open with over-aggression. He should have shown more patience and waited for short balls. Reason he doesn't is that he has no confidence vs Nadal. As soon as things go bad with his normal tactic he thinks he need to switch it up and go for broke all the time. Just leads to a shitload of UEs. Same story all the time.

In the end who cares really. Nadal will be picked apart by his next opponent who wont run in to give him 20 free forehand winners or hit 20 BH errors
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #113
country flag Knightmace

Knightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond reputeKnightmace has a reputation beyond repute
Default Federer 57-1 in AO winning first set

He was 57-1 when winning the first set at AO, but even that he still loses to the one and only Nadal.
Knightmace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #114
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZoo) View Post

Go retire you mug

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #115
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

why do you keep breaking my heart fed??? the match was on his racquet. up a set, momentum, breaks. forehand went missing and decided to do those stupid down the line and inside out forehands again. all he had to do was pound cross court forehands to rafas backhand. and everytime he does that he wins the point or game. annacone needs to change this mental thing of fed when it comes to those inside out and down the line forehands. with RAFA it's textbook crosscourt forehand to the backhand. everytime fed tries something new he loses the gae or the point.

Fed we get it, you can make different and beautiful shots. but when it comes to RAFA who is one dimensional, just keep pounding his backhand with your cross court forehands, no fancy shot and no extra movements needed. just forehand crosscourt to his freaking backhand.

Learn to push you freaking "goat"

F U C K you Fed for breaking my heart again. bastid!
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #116
country flag r3d_d3v1l_

r3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond reputer3d_d3v1l_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I can only hope for Muzza to actually *show up* tomorrow now, and give Djoko a run for his money lasting at least five hours. Otherwise...
Murray will in this. It would be perfect.

As for Federer, i mean it´s a mix of things.

Matchup issue, slow court conditions and a clearly mental block from Federer. Even so, with all this crap against him, he made it very competitive.

If only they would have faced less times on clay and more on fast courts...
r3d_d3v1l_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #117
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

entirely predictable

Fed just loves his nadalito too much to beat him at GS
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #118
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
I's just kind of lame to see those kind of shots determine the match
Why is that lame? Rafa's passing shots were just immaculate at times, like already said, much of Fed's shots would have been winners against any other player, but Rafa is just something else. Totally deserved victory.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #119
country flag freeandlonely

freeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond reputefreeandlonely has a reputation beyond repute

Finally I'm getting used to this. Which is good for my health.

ALWAYS BE TRUE TO YOURSELF
freeandlonely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #120
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

FG's backhand was pathetic as usual.

Also what the hell was that overheard off Nadull's miracle defensive lob on break point when he was serving for it? Clearly didn't have to slice it that much or even hit an overhead at all.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote