AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #91
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: GOAT R.Nadal def 2ndGOAT R. Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Another birthdayparty time for the "non favorite".

Cool temperature, comfortable slow conditions, nice opponent, even fireworks to celebrate him,

that was so cool

Even a break down in the third, even wasting 5 setpoints, no big vamoses, no fist pumpings like against Berdych,

final set point he looks at his team with a nod "that's OK, I'm in control"

His team looked so cool itself comparing to Berdych's match, Uncle Toni did just enjoy.

Pleasure time, comfortable time.

Only a little bit impatient that it didn't finish earlier in the 4th, good parties are not too long.

Sunday the only real important match he's been looking forward too.

Roger that was a nice tournament again, happy that you could reach the semifinal playing great tennis and a great semifinal, hope you keep on like that for my pleasure I love you as a number 3 or 4 (will also love you as a number 8 )
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #92
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Can you people put yourself in Fed's mind? If he stays in the baseline, Nadal will push him into an UE or a FH down the line.

If he tries to be agressive and come to the net, most likely he will end up being passed shot. Fed was clueless, cause Nadal got all the answers to Fed's moves. Simply as this. Nadal will always have Fed number.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #93
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Never in doubt.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #94
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Different venue same script. Nadal is such a tease, he gives Federer chances then snatches them away destroying the Federer in the process. Why have I been supporting him for over 9 years, oh that is right the beauty of the game . Nadal game is unsightly it must be said.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #95
country flag Merseykmight

Merseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond reputeMerseykmight has a reputation beyond repute

Serve decides the match.I'm so confused that why Roger lost his first serve.And was that because he was so agressive so that he made so many unforced errors?
Roger Federer-ARTIST
Tomas Berdych.Bernard Tomic.The Bryan brothers
Merseykmight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #96
country flag bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Fed fans. Calm down. The biggest disaster was Roger losing to Rafa in Wimbledon. That was the end of the rivalry in my book. When you lose to the guy on your best surface ... and then you back it up by losing to him here when Roger was playing out of this world and still lost in 5? Come on people. Rafa will always be a big favorite in slams against Roger. No matter which surface. Here, Wimbledon, U.S. Open, ... I am glad this was not the final. That would have been more crushing.
Yepp...sad but true.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #97
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Respectable score indeed. Federer played okay in my opinion. His return was kind of shitty and his serve could have been a tad better. But we have to realize against Rafa, he doesn't have much options. Even with a better return and a better serve, the result would have been the same.

People fail to realize, you can't play like Murray, against Nadal. In other words you can't rely on accuracy, otherwise Nadal's two hander will destroy Roger's one hander in less than 10 hits during the rally. So Roger has a limited amount of time to quickly unleash a high risk shot in order to bail himself out of tight situations and set himself up within a small fraction of time for a high hope winner.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #98
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalPhan View Post
Rafa's serve was absolute crap. The 2010 US Open was the only time he actually had a good serve.
Might be an idea to fully quote me?
Rafa's good serving stats were also due to Rog's horrible ROS. It's of course a combination of factors.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #99
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Rafa had 6/16 BPs and wasted 4 SPs from 6-1 in 2nd set TB(), if there was a choker on court, that was Nadal
nadal`s menetal force is not the same that in 2008-2010 but for defeat federer is ok.

now , if he faces nole , it`s very different
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #100
country flag sicko

sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank View Post
BTW, anyone have any idea what is the name of the song that was played in Eurosport after the interview of Courier on court? They were showing slow motion shots of the match... I would really appreciate if someone could tell me!
it's from the soundtrack of the 2011 film "Drive", go check it up.

very cool soundtrack in general btw...
sicko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #101
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is the 4th wheel in today's tennis. Let's face it. Roger is always going to have a difficult time beating Nole, and Nadal. Murray has been a choker against Roger in finals but that could change the way Roger is choking these days.

But I do think people are too harsh on Roger. Even 5 years ago, Rafa was beating Roger in slams easily. Come on people. Roger is capable of playing 1 or 2 good sets against Rafa not more

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #102
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

Against a power hitter on this kind of surface u would favour Federer as he will dominate most of the rallies but against Nadal is a different kind of story.I doubt for one second Federer would have lost vs a Tsonga,Berdych or Soderling and he beat Del Potro easily but against a great defender like Nadal or Djokovic is a lot tougher to win the point.Against Murray though he would have probably won cosidering how poor Murray is serving.
iriraz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #103
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
Different venue same script. Nadal is such a tease, he gives Federer chances then snatches them away destroying the Federer in the process. Why have I been supporting him for over 9 years, oh that is right the beauty of the game . Nadal game is unsightly it must be said.
Roger had break point in that game. He choked it. Nothing more can be said. He had it on his racket to get back in the match. He just choked

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #104
country flag NadalPhan

NadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond repute

What on Earth happened to Rafa's BH? Granted, it's better than what it was last year, but it's nowhere near the level it was 2/3 years ago. That's not gonna cut it against Nole. He will exploit that BH big time.
NadalPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #105
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal made dozens of amazing and almost impossible shots. Dozens = no fluke! How can that be luck, even to your stupid and twisted logic standards, Nadal hatas?

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote