AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #76
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

everyone who predicted a Federer win knows shit about tennis. This was all too predictable
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #77
country flag castle007

castle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond reputecastle007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: GOAT R.Nadal def 2ndGOAT R. Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Federer had so many chances in this match as always. Up 4-3 in the third, and then he decides to comeback from 1-6 down in the tie breaker. Then he plays a very good 4th set, only to waste a bp at 4-3, and then hit some WTF worthy shots in the last game. You can't win slams if you play like this when it matters. The drought continues.

Kudos for Nadal for making Federer hit an extra shot in the last game. (the lob).

Also, did anyone notice that mistake the umpire made? Federer hit a shot that was ruled out, but then the chair umpire overruled it. Nadal challenged and the ball was in. Instead of handing the point to Federer, the umpire replaying the point.

The same thing happened in a WTA match, and the player that challenged lost the point, because you can't have 2 chances to win the point.
castle007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #78
country flag sidneythagovou

sidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond reputesidneythagovou has a reputation beyond repute

Very predictable, nadal won again . Hope federer will bounce back and beat him eventually, but he needs to be in the djokovic draw again to gain confidence before playing nadal in a final. The post match interview was predictable as well..

Hope murray beats djoko now and finally wins his deserved slam
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #79
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #80
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Fed fans. Calm down. The biggest disaster was Roger losing to Rafa in Wimbledon. That was the end of the rivalry in my book. When you lose to the guy on your best surface ... and then you back it up by losing to him here when Roger was playing out of this world and still lost in 5? Come on people. Rafa will always be a big favorite in slams against Roger. No matter which surface. Here, Wimbledon, U.S. Open, ... I am glad this was not the final. That would have been more crushing.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #81
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: GOAT R.Nadal def 2ndGOAT R. Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZoo) View Post
It's good to see Rafito taking trash out and saving tennis.
not all of it, you're still here tho
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #82
country flag Psichogauchovna

Psichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond reputePsichogauchovna has a reputation beyond repute

boring
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #83
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Those ridiculous, miracle Rafa passes in the 2nd set comepletely turned the match around. That lame sht would have pissed me off, and it definitely pissed Roger off. He should have fought back harder, but his serve wasnt great in the 2nd and 3rd. Roger just couldnt continue his domination in the 1st set, some of his best tennis out of the gates, but it left him.

The youth of Rafa was the X factor. Hopefully his knee gets better.............oh wait
that was the key of match , that amazings shots that broken federer`s serve kill federer`s mind....
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #84
country flag bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond reputebandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly tanishing his legacy...you can't keep saying it's matchup this, surface that. Nadal has beaten Federer at all the majors they've played against each other.

Roger just doesn't have it mentally.
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #85
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

Too many UE's, lack of first serve %, and forehand not working accumulates in a disaster of a match for Federer. That, and he looked a bit tired by the end of the match. What happens to him when he faces Nadal? By far the worst I've seen her play in a long time. Nadal certainly deserved it though. The winner of the other semi will win the final.

As for people saying Rafa is the GOAT? Please get real.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #86
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

lost count of the netted forehands from Federror

better player on important points won

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #87
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Nadal beats Federer as usual 6-7, 6-2, 7-6, 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
If Fed served like this against Djokovic in the semis of RG we would have had a Grand Slam last year folks.
This.

If Murray wins tomorrow, and I believe he will, Nadal will be the favourite.
If Nole wins, Kneedal is in trouble.

Too bad Fed, had your chances yet again. Was really looking forward to seeing him square him against Murray or Nole in the final.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #88
country flag NadalPhan

NadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rafa's serving especially was out-of-this-world today
Rafa's serve was absolute crap. The 2010 US Open was the only time he actually had a good serve.
NadalPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #89
country flag alter ego

alter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond reputealter ego has a reputation beyond repute

Someone please burn that netcord. Fed hit about 25 FH's that hit the top and landed back in his court. That BP in the las game... how much more luck can NAdull get.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #90
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I'm so excited that Rafa won! I entered the plane and was still watching on livestream tiebreak of the 1st set. Rafa lost. I landed and Rafa was two sets to one up I watched the fourth and Rafa played really good, but overall I don't think it was one of the classics! Roger tends to have more UE's against Rafa than the other players.
Anyway, great to have Rafa in the final! Hope it will be against Murray!

BTW, anyone have any idea what is the name of the song that was played in Eurosport after the interview of Courier on court? They were showing slow motion shots of the match... I would really appreciate if someone could tell me!

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
KUBOT, JANOWICZ, PRZYSIĘŻNY, MAJCHRZAK

GOAT: PETE SAMPRAS

2014 highlights: Rafa winning 9th RG and Kubot winning AO doubles - first Grand Slam title for Poland in my life!
shawshank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote