AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 34 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #496
country flag nsidhan

nsidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Roger is stupid. He got bored keeping up a winning strategy, starting mixing it up and went to Rafa's FH every so often. He has the game to beat Rafa. Not the head.

JUST KEEP HITTING TO RAFA'S BH DUMBASS!

Federer 2012 YTD Titles: Rotterdam | Dubai | Indian Wells | Madrid | Wimbledon
nsidhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #497
country flag nsidhan

nsidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond reputensidhan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalwon2012 View Post
True that

Ironically, Lleyton Hewitt said Federer would beat Nadal because 'at night the court plays like an indoor hardcourt'.

Of course, no matter what time of the day, the court will never play like the indoor World Tour Finals, and the bounce will never be low like that. So I didn't fear what Hewitt was saying.

It is not the bounce. It is the wrong strategies adopted by Roger in going to Rafa's FH during crucial moments. Brainfart. He didn't do that in the WTF.

Federer 2012 YTD Titles: Rotterdam | Dubai | Indian Wells | Madrid | Wimbledon
nsidhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #498
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsidhan View Post
Roger is stupid. He got bored keeping up a winning strategy, starting mixing it up and went to Rafa's FH every so often. He has the game to beat Rafa. Not the head.

JUST KEEP HITTING TO RAFA'S BH DUMBASS!
Thats a good point, Rafa BH is really his weakness and Fed seemed in comfortable control 1st set.
NID he couldn't keep it up though...

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #499
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal explained exactly what I had explained you why Fed had no chance at all to beat Nadal on thursday, and which was obvious on TV :

Quote:
Q. Novak's coach said yesterday that it's very difficult to make winners because the balls are very heavy. Do you feel that way?

RAFAEL NADAL: For him is being very difficult. Seems like he cannot do one winner. (Smiling.)
No, he's playing very well, no? He's doing fantastic tournament.

Q. Do you feel with the ball it's difficult to make winners?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. I feel it's difficult to make winners when the weather conditions are cold. When the weather conditions are warm or hot, I think the ball is the right one.
When it's cold, for example, the week before the tournament it was very cold here. The ball was very big, very heavy. I don't believe today it's happen.

The conditions in Melbourne change drastically depending on the temperature :

- when Nadal-Fed match started, the temperature was 21 celsius (only day of the fortnight when the weather was very cool)
- When Djoko-Murray match started, the temperature was 27 celsius.
- Tomorrow when Djoko-Nadal match starts the temperature will be 32 celsius.

It's all the more a problem for Fed as he does not have the physical power of Nadal's for these heavy balls, rather relies on the speed of his arm.

As for indoors/ not indoors, about the wind, it was quite windy for Nadal-Fed's match : wind around 20 km/h.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #500
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
I believe he would have had a much better chance against Mr. Nadal during the heat of the day when the balls were clearly sailing through the court faster. This is probably why he requested day matches, esp. with Del Potro.
it's not only a matter of day or night, it's also a matter of heat :

- during the day, when the weather is hot, balls fly and turn in Australia, which is a problem for attacking players to guess exactly where the ball arrives to take it precisely : Fed has described it in the past, Fish and Tsonga also described it this year (Fish said that trajectories were not "straight" contrary to the US Open conditions hence why it's easier for an attacking player in the US Open according to him, not because it's quicker) (see also the poor quality of Nadal-Lopez match or Fed-Wawrinka last year). There's also a matter of light : Fed clearly prefers the light of the night sessions and especially dislikes the moment when there's half a shadow on the court. Remember Davydenko's match and remember also Del Potro's match : when the shadow disappeared in the beginning of third set, Fed played much better, and in his post-match interview Fed talked again about how hard it was when there was half-a-shadow on the court in the second set.

- during the day when the weather is cold, the ball is easier to control and the balls are quite quicker than in the night

- during the night, when the weather is cold, the balls are heavy and the conditions are slow, see Fed's match against Nadal this year and against Simon last year (it was even colder)

- during the night, when the weather is hot conditions are ideal for Federer : quick conditions, balls with straight trajectories, easy to control, it's always the conditins where he played his best matches. If Hewitt's coach said that, it's maybe because he remembers a perfect match Fed had played against Hewitt at night during a hot day two years ago.

Then you see :

- when the weather is hot (nearly all fortnight, only one day was cool : against Nadal's day, this tournament is like a sign of God for Nadal ), it's better for an attacking player like Fed to play at night

- whne the weather is cold, it's better for a player like Fed to play during the day.

As for Fed-Del Potro's match (which was a hot day), some people said that "Fed had asked a day-match", I have two theories about that :

- he didn't really ask that : it was normal that Nadal had the night-match as Fed had had it previous round, maybe he just said OK, maybe he just asked to start at 4.30 for the men's match, which was not usual start (Murray-Nishikori started at 2.30)

- maybe he asked it ... but not for him : for Berdych, as for him if he wanted to win the tournament of course it was much more likely if Berdych beat Nadal ... and for Berdych in a hot day, a night match was much better, during the day the balls would have been difficult to control and also Berdych would have been quickly exhausted with his ballbashing style.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #501
country flag gulzhan

gulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond reputegulzhan has a reputation beyond repute

Bump for Looner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
There is few things in life that I appreciate more than Nadal getting roasted. I'm serious, it brings me joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
to be honest, I just want to see Rafa lose. I get aroused when I see Rafa's heartbreaking moments
gulzhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #502
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was remarkable that this is the only Major Semi Final in history (so far) that has featured both players having won at least 10 majors each.
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #503
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Hellish match.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #504
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Two beasts of tennis.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #505
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Two beasts of tennis.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #506
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsidhan View Post
It is not the bounce. It is the wrong strategies adopted by Roger in going to Rafa's FH during crucial moments. Brainfart. He didn't do that in the WTF.
Strategies are useless when Federer is not well conditioned, tanks the match and stop the rallies by hitting 63 unforced errors.

In the past he would have destroyed this Nadal who actually hits errors after winning the first set. Both of them deproved alot. In those days he actually don't have the luxury winning first set against Nadal.

The old Nadal only hits 10 unforced errors.
Houstonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #507
country flag Houstonko

Houstonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond reputeHoustonko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sco View Post
Fed should have done what McEnroe suggested - just hit to and approach on the Rafa's backhand until his forehand side is wiiiiiiiide open - then hit the winner.

and Federer can go to the net after hitting a good ball to stretch Nadal's backhand because Nadal has this bad habit to slice his backhand since the day he started learning it. Lulz. Its a crappy short slice which dosen't exist in 2008.

Nadal has a WTA serve and a ATP challengers slice and he is no.2 in the world. It just shows the surfaces are so slow today.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #508
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Fed yet again gifted another match to moonballer Losses like this really put a spot on his otherwise flawless tennis resume...how can you crumble mentally again and again versus a primitive player like Nadull?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #509
country flag Houstonko

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Fed yet again gifted another match to moonballer Losses like this really put a spot on his otherwise flawless tennis resume...how can you crumble mentally again and again versus a primitive player like Nadull?
I guess there are other reasons he didn't want to play. Maybe he wasn't fully fit with back pain. He knew how to win from the first set and Rafa isn't playing differently for the rest of the match.

Its not like Rafa won the next 3 sets because he changed and hit alot of winners. Maybe Federer knew he will not be fully fit to win the final anyway, it happened in USopen too. His fitness is pathetic nowadays but can't blame him at 30.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #510
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
ossie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote