AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #421
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverarrows View Post
I don't think Fed will beat Nadal anymore at a Major after this match. Maybe at non-major tournaments he can beat Nadal. Federer does not have a conviction and belief last night. He was tentative when he has easy chances to win the points and convert BP's. He just can not swing freely when the pressure from Nadal is on high. This is not about the talent and skill. Federer is a better overall better player than Nadal. It's just that Federer is not mentally tough enough against Nadal. It so frustrating to watch Federer with all his humongous talent and skill not deliver when it matters most. I was expecting a better result from Fed last night.
There was some of that, yes, but mostly because of one reason - slow and/or higher bouncing court. I suggest you need not despair of Mr. Federer being able to win another major just yet, though it may be very difficult to do that against Mr. Nadal.

The Australian Open court slows at night too much which is when semifinals are played, and forces an attacking player like Mr. Federer to take too many risky shots for too long in order to produce winners.
Roland Garros red clay - Forget it. Mr. Nadal is the Clay Court King of his era (if not all), and Mr. Federer is second best.
Wimbledon grass has changed becoming high bouncing and slower than any grass court should be. If they face each other there, I favor Mr. Nadal slightly because of that.
The US Open is generally played on the fastest surface now (forget last year, heavy rains made it much slower than normal). Conditions favor Mr. Federer here, but not Mr. Nadal, and so they have never met there.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #422
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Roger did his usual choke but TBH Rafa was pretty frazzled at times, they were trying to outmug the other and besides a few great shots the match was really average and the winner will surely lose to Djokovic in the final.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #423
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
24 pages of idiocy I can only assume.

Federer was marvelously un-clutch today on big points. Sad, but not surprising. Nadal will get destroyed by Nole if they meet.
Actually, the first 20 pages or so really weren't that bad; much of them were dedicated to discussing exactly what you've said here (all three sentences, in fact). Not even so much anti-Nadal hatred as you might expect (pepperings, of course).
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #424
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the King, he played well, and it was a decent match to watch. Which most of theirs are not. Its the way its been since Rafa was about 20, if he is healthy he wins. I said last year federer is not winning anything of consequence anymore unless he gets some unreal luck like what happened last fall with Novak being done and Andy being hurt.

The way he is hitting his backhand, i think its pretty clear who thats for and its not federer or Murray. It won't matter if its Novak imo, and i think Andy if he plays up in the court enough can beat him as well on this type of court. Alteast he beat Federer though in a slam, again.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #425
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

The match was OK, a few great points. Federer did what he had to do (just about) for a set at least, but couldn't really press home his advantage in each of the subsequent sets. Nadal never ceases to amaze me with his performances in the slams. He came in here playing pretty poorly, but has done very well to make it to the final. Kudos to him.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #426
country flag Mechlan

Mechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond reputeMechlan has a reputation beyond repute

Boring and predictable tournament. Congrats Novak.
Mechlan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #427
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

I always think that there is nothing that could make me hate Federer, yet after every Rafa slam match, i can't f*ing stand him for a week

Disgusting sheet....it always has to be smth. Now the BH was acceptable, the FH went away...Jesus

He's playing like if the life of the twins depends on it, like he has a tennis ball deep down the throat...

blah, very disapointed
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #428
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechlan View Post
Boring and predictable tournament. Congrats Novak.
copy and paste that for the next 4 years
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #429
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
I didn't watch the match. Is it worth watching a replay?
federer conpletely outplays nadal and yet misses the easiest shots in the history of tennis

nadal reverts to plan scrub- federer chokes

disgrace of a match
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #430
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
this kind of thinking at age of 30?

At age 37 too baby.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #431
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
this kind of thinking at age of 30?

its nothing new at all
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #432
country flag *Brahmin

*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute*Brahmin has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting match...if you notice in the beginning...fed came with very good tactics....some effective play copied from djoko and murray...like s&v to rafa's bh...pinning him bh...and opening court by going hard to his fh....i thought fed could win the match....i've always thought...fed was too arrogant...to actually play the game required to beat his opponent...he would want to play it his own way...using his talent to win the match....but in critical moments and as the match went on..federer just couldn't play that same tennis to beat nadal...he probably found that kind of tennis too boring and made too many UE's...

and i was actually surprised how close the fourth set was....ive always thought nadal gets into fed's head...but he didn't go away...ive seen him choke a lot worse before against nadal....i think the fact that he's older surpassed samparas's record and his social life...might have something to do with it as well...i just think it came down to the tennis...rafa's scrambling...fed's rushed play...just resulted in a lot of UE's

the tennis level was actually not that great...there was drama...there were some jaw dropping points..but tennis level was average at best....i actually think rafa plays worse against fed...he gets too occupied in putting the ball hight to his bh...and he kinda waits for fed to self destruct...and he finally got some what a timing on his bh crosscourt...if he plays like this against djoko..he will loose....but hopefully...he knows he has to be aggressive....and ups his level like he did from the semis to the finals in AO 09.
*Brahmin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #433
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Brahmin View Post
but hopefully...he knows he has to be aggressive....and ups his level like he did from the semis to the finals in AO 09.
Nadal played better by several orders of magnitude in the A.O. semi '09 than he did in the final. That semi was one of the greatest matches of all time. Amazing to say that given Verdasco played in it but there it is.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #434
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

And what about aproaching on Rafa's FH constantly and getting expectedly ***** every time... oh gawd, i'll have nightmares over this match for weeks

it's like watching Verdasco all over again
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #435
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

The oracle picked this one in four...again.

Nadal weathers a furious first set, grows his matador balls and wears his pigeon down through yet another war of attrition.

Tennis is not about a beautiful set here and there but about playing over 5 sets. The commentators were spot on in exposing Fed's lack of mental toughness, poor shot selection, and inability or unwillingness to change his game and hit the same shots over and over in order to win. It's this last defect which keeps him from GOAT status: the willingness to play boring and consistant tennis in order to beat an opponent. The past masters have all done it. Watching it as a fan was never fun, but it usually got the win for the player.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote