AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #391
country flag Poirot123

Poirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
I mean how come the conditions have to be the deciding factor of how great a player is, to me this is unfair arguement, i mean yes fed is not dominating like he use too but jus because fed and other players that cant beat rafa and nole and andy that doesnt mean that they are not great players. I just dont get that why do you guys think that however the conditions are that the players who are suppose to be beaten does end up winning should get a harsh beating jus because they won against the player who was one of the best. Nadal, Nole and Andy should get more respect for their effort to get to the level they are in. And people need to stop wiping feds ass so much, its ridiculous, i did the same thing with rafa because im a rafa fan i admit it, but i told myself i need to stop that because its not gonna change anything, the end result is that rafa had a bad day while the other opponent had a good day. So the conditions excuse needs to stop because its getting stupid and old really.

EDIT: Plus if the player is not good in slower courts than that player should practice and try to get use to it, for example rafa had to get use to faster hard courts, its his weakest surface but look what happened he won aussie open in 09 and won us open in 2010, which is a great achievement and i think everyone should get use to the surfaces it doesnt matter how the surfaces play.
The surface speed / conditions isn't the be-all and end-all factor. It is just one of a number of factors which influences the outcome of a match. Form, injuries, mental hang-ups, and match-up are other factors. However, one can say that slower courts in general, and particularly those with high bounces give Nadal a big advantage in the match over more aggresive players, particularly guys like Federer. If the courts were faster, that advantage would be decreased, or even removed, leaving the other factors to play a bigger part in the outcome.

You know, Federer has enough mental hang-ups and match up issues with Nadal that he doesn't need the slowness of court to give Nadal yet more of an advantage. But it is what it is.

Regarding improving their game on different surfaces: There's only so much they can do. They have a basic game built around their strengths. Federer cannot turn himself into a grinder of the same level as Nadal, nor can Nadal suddenly improve his level and skill to Federer's level. They can tweak tactics. But there's a limit. Djokovic was already a great returner/retriever before 2011. What took him above Nadal was his improved athleticism to match Nadal. Federer could never reach that level of athleticism.
Poirot123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #392
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of a appreciating the good playing where it occurred, this thread is full of spleen and hate in such predictable ways.

One would hope by now that even non-fans of a player could appreciate some of his greatness but that appears to be well beyond their capabilities.

There were some truly astonishing exchanges in the match no matter which player you prefer.

I look forward to a great final with whomever it may be
tribalfusion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #393
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
Instead of a appreciating the good playing where it occurred, this thread is full of spleen and hate in such predictable ways.

One would hope by now that even non-fans of a player could appreciate some of his greatness but that appears to be well beyond their capabilities.

There were some truly astonishing exchanges in the match no matter which player you prefer.

Boohoo.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #394
country flag illusyve

illusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond reputeillusyve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: GOAT R.Nadal def 2ndGOAT R. Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
hahah, jesus, what a GREAT comment by nadal in the interview, he goes something like: "my advice to murray is to play more aggressive than usual, but my advice is probably not so much worth, because I lost 6 straight times to djokovic "

u really stunned me with this djoko-like interview matador
best part of the interview. Courier really likes keeping everyone for as long as possible.

Fed had his chances but made way too many errors. Hoping for another Nadal/Djokovic final.
illusyve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #395
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Boohoo.
you are such a poor loser
Old 01-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #396
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post

Finally a great positive post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #397
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Wimbledon Tsonga I forgot the place.
Not even the slightest bit fast.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #398
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
you are such a poor loser
That was specifically aimed at him rather than the sentiment itself.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #399
country flag shawshank

shawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond reputeshawshank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
it's from the soundtrack of the 2011 film "Drive", go check it up.

very cool soundtrack in general btw...
Wow, I don't know how to thank you! You made my day

RAFAEL NADAL
CAREER GRAND SLAM: 1 AO, 9 RG, 2 WIM, 2 US
TOTAL TOURNAMENTS WON: 64 (44 CLAY), (27 MASTERS 1000)

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
HAAS, GULBIS, THIEM, DIMITROV, BERANKIS
KUBOT, JANOWICZ, PRZYSIĘŻNY, MAJCHRZAK

GOAT: PETE SAMPRAS

2014 highlights: Rafa winning 9th RG and Kubot winning AO doubles - first Grand Slam title for Poland in my life!
shawshank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #400
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
So Fed fans are now left rooting for Djoker to stop Nadal from getting closer to his record. Kinda like Sampras fans (like me) were rooting for Nadal to stop Fed from break Pete's record

Take it away Elton John

"It's the Circle of Tards..."

Brilliant
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #401
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

In this thread, I feel sad when see less quality trolling from all pig tards together than I myself will be trolling on Sunday
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #402
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
You cannot have a GOAT. We all know Federer is technically a far better player than Nadal. We all know Nadal is the best retriever/grinder probably ever. If the surfaces were faster, Nadal would be getting routined by Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling week in week out. As the coutrs are ultra slow, pretty much everywhere now, these guys need to be so consistent with hitting winners to beat guys like Nadal they simply cannot keep the required level up for 3 sets. It's nigh on impossible. Which is why only one guy is stopping Nadal's domination on these ultra slow courts worldwide, a guy who is almost as good at retrieving as Nadal, but is also a better player technically than him. That man is Novak Djokovic. Murray cannot beat Nadal. Not as good at retriving (almost as good) but lacks the firepower.

Well written post.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #403
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Nadal lets Federer choke once again 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Agree.
Federer was outplayed, deal with it folks.
Outgrinded you mean.
Myrre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #404
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Simple: Federer did not play well enough.

It wasn't a tank.
It wasn't a choke.
It wasn't mental or physical.
It wasn't even the matchup.

It was just that he didn't play well.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #405
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Nadal lets Federer choke once again 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrre View Post
Outgrinded you mean.
when somebody is hitting passing shots left and right, it is outplaying.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote