AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #376
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE
I will edit it when they start speeding up the courts
Nadull the moonballer has too much of an advantage
Especially when nadull has a gyno. For a doctor.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #377
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Suck it haters

Rafa for the GOAT status
62 Titles | 26 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 126 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 674 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #378
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
The match up issue is a factor, but only part of the factor. The slowness of the courts reduce the effectiveness of Federer's strength - his technical ability and aggressiveness, and play to Nadal's strengths, unbelievable grinding/retriveing. If the courts had been faster, that the advantage would swing more to Federer and away from Nadal. Obviously, there is a speed of court where things would be effectively dead even between their various strengths. But there is no court like that in the world at the moment where Grand Slams are played. They all favour Nadal over Federer.
so you mean to tell me that at the time Rafa won over Fed in 5 sets in the aussie open 09, that the courts at that time were slower how was the court that time slower, and when rafa beat fed in 2004 miami in the r3 the courts were slower at that time too????

EDIT: and when rafa led 2 sets up in miami 05 final and even tho fed won that match you still think that it was slower because rafa took him to five sets????
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #379
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Berdych should have finished the job and now we would be talking abut title 17. Oh well.

Watch International TV
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #380
country flag Poirot123

Poirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalMyHero View Post
so you mean to tell me that at the time Rafa won over Fed in 5 sets in the aussie open 09, that the courts at that time were slower how was the court that time slower, and when rafa beat fed in 2004 miami in the r3 the courts were slower at that time too????
What i am saying is that in the long run, one would expect Nadal to dominate Federer when they play the majority of their matches on slow surfaces - as it the case. That does not mean that there can be one off victories for either player against adversary (i.e. when the conditions did not favour them). The slower conditions/courts make it so much more difficult for aggressive players to win against Nadal.
Poirot123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #381
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Wimby fast.
Beijing was fast enough for you? And he didn't beat second tiers there like Soda or Tsonga, but Djokovic.

I would also add London 2010, Djoko then Murray. Or is London slow?
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #382
I wanna taste u.

Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Wimbledon Tsonga I forgot the place.
I think you meant Miami 2010 quarters
Old 01-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #383
I wanna taste u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Berdych should have finished the job and now we would be talking abut title 17. Oh well.
The problem with players like Soda, Tsonga and Berdy is that they are not consistant enough to last long to beat the top 4 whats bad is that they can beat player like rafa, fed and nole but when you are not consistant enough mentally and physically then thats a huge issue for them because they go for the wrong shots at the wrong time
Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #384
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peribsen View Post
Beijing was fast enough for you? And he didn't beat second tiers there like Soda or Tsonga, but Djokovic.

I would also add London 2010, Djoko then Murray. Or is London slow?
London is slow but low bouncing so he doesn't have it
All his way, it's more even.
He beat Novak before he went gluten- free.
He can on dream of beating him now on any surface.
Novak is a product of the current era n conditions.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #385
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

I meant Wimbledon only.London is slow less bounce like AustraliaIt is not fast.Miami I don't know.
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #386
country flag silverarrows

silverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond reputesilverarrows has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Fed will beat Nadal anymore at a Major after this match. Maybe at non-major tournaments he can beat Nadal. Federer does not have a conviction and belief last night. He was tentative when he has easy chances to win the points and convert BP's. He just can not swing freely when the pressure from Nadal is on high. This is not about the talent and skill. Federer is a better overall better player than Nadal. It's just that Federer is not mentally tough enough against Nadal. It so frustrating to watch Federer with all his humongous talent and skill not deliver when it matters most. I was expecting a better result from Fed last night.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #387
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
1. I wouldn't have discounted Berdych's chances against Fed here
2. Ummm....Novak?
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #388
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
London is slow but low bouncing so he doesn't have it
All his way, it's more even.
He beat Novak before he went gluten- free.
He can on dream of beating him now on any surface.
Novak is a product of the current era n conditions.
He should eat gluten again.He looking thin and less energy.
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #389
I wanna taste u.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
What i am saying is that in the long run, one would expect Nadal to dominate Federer when they play the majority of their matches on slow surfaces - as it the case. That does not mean that there can be one off victories for either player against adversary (i.e. when the conditions did not favour them). The slower conditions/courts make it so much more difficult for aggressive players to win against Nadal.
I mean how come the conditions have to be the deciding factor of how great a player is, to me this is unfair arguement, i mean yes fed is not dominating like he use too but jus because fed and other players that cant beat rafa and nole and andy that doesnt mean that they are not great players. I just dont get that why do you guys think that however the conditions are that the players who are suppose to be beaten does end up winning should get a harsh beating jus because they won against the player who was one of the best. Nadal, Nole and Andy should get more respect for their effort to get to the level they are in. And people need to stop wiping feds ass so much, its ridiculous, i did the same thing with rafa because im a rafa fan i admit it, but i told myself i need to stop that because its not gonna change anything, the end result is that rafa had a bad day while the other opponent had a good day. So the conditions excuse needs to stop because its getting stupid and old really.

EDIT: Plus if the player is not good in slower courts than that player should practice and try to get use to it, for example rafa had to get use to faster hard courts, its his weakest surface but look what happened he won aussie open in 09 and won us open in 2010, which is a great achievement and i think everyone should get use to the surfaces it doesnt matter how the surfaces play.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #390
country flag AndyUK

AndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond reputeAndyUK has a reputation beyond repute

To be expected, I guess. Nadal was very good when he got going but Federer still didn't play well enough after the first set.

You can take Nadal being the better player at this moment in time but mentally, Federer isn't right when he's playing Nadal either. He gets under his skin and Federer starts making errors he doesn't make against any other player. I don't think even he believes himself he can beat Nadal on the big stage and that is a huge problem.
AndyUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote