AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4 - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ...

.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #196
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: Nadal def Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleytonfan! View Post
Nadal in 4. NID. Maybe, possibly 5, but either way, Nadal will definitely win, and Federer will win at least one set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lleytonfan! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
This ought to be a great match (or not), but I see Nadal in 3 or 4. For some strange reason, I get the feeling that most of this match will be a repeat of the Miami semi.

Not exactly Miami, but the result was NID
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #197
country flag TheRafaelNadal

TheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think we can all agree Nadal is the true GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
I just quote this, because you would delete it after sunday.
Nope, keep it because I will use it again in the "AO Final Nadal Def. Djokovic 6-3 6-4 6-0" Topic.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #198
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Oh God...cant wait joker to lube him
Me too mate. Me too. Can't wait to see Nole gives him another beatdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
NBA All star game MVP awards:

Bieber 1
Federer 0

Forget popularity, Bieber is even a better athlete than the old man.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #199
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRafaelNadal View Post
Nope, keep it because I will use it again in the "AO Final Nadal Def. Djokovic 6-3 6-4 6-0" Topic.
Another one. It's a beauty. I will post them together.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not cheering against Rafa, I'm just sure about the result.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #200
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's confidence is so high to beat the other finalist. Even Lendl inspired Murray can't beat him. Novak hasn't been tested yet. Nadal-Berdych match is the match of the tournament, so far.
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #201
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic ice cube View Post
Too many UE's, lack of first serve %, and forehand not working accumulates in a disaster of a match for Federer. That, and he looked a bit tired by the end of the match. What happens to him when he faces Nadal? By far the worst I've seen her play in a long time. Nadal certainly deserved it though. The winner of the other semi will win the final.

As for people saying Rafa is the GOAT? Please get real.

Mr. Federer's first serve % was decent enough, though not overwhelming at 64%.
But, forget the serve, it was all about the unforced errors, 63 of them to 46 winners. And it all started with those 2 very strange unforced errors when Mr. Federer was up 3-0 and threatening to make it 4-0 and double-break in the first set. After those errors, it was 3-1, and the damage had been done, as it unhooked Mr. Federer from his unplayable mode "that only he can reach". Even though he was up 4-1 in 18 minutes, more errors crept in, Mr. Nadal gained confidence, and it had to go to a tie breaker and took 58 minutes for something that should have been over in no more than 25-30 minutes. Once Mr. Nadal recognized Mr. Federer was out of the unplayable level mode, Mr. Nadal's own level increased, gained more confidence, and though Mr. Federer occasionally made some brilliant shots, he could not sustain that level for more than a game.

Mr. Nadal held Mr. Federer's winners down by making some incredible gets. Mr. Nadal's serve was also good in the sense that Mr. Federer seemed to have trouble reading it, and he changed his pattern especially during key points. This was enough to keep Mr. Federer from breaking him more, even though he had the opportunities (3 of 10). Mr. Nadal's incredible retrieving of balls that would have been winners against almost anyone else was also demoralizing, even though it is to be expected that one always has to hit an extra ball against Mr. Nadal, especially on slower courts.

Mr. Federer's unforced errors are horrible for his game as he loses the confidence to be aggressive, and continuous passive striking will never win against Mr. Nadal. I believe it to be a more important statistic for him than 1st serve %. He can deal with 56-60% if his winners to unforced errors ratio is positive by a good margin, since he still maintains confidence to be aggressive. I do think he went with too many drop shot attempts early on, when he had a whole court open for punishing the ball. A few of those hit the net, and he had to feel like a fool afterwards.

Congratulations Mr. Nadal and his fans!
Condolences to Mr. Federer and his supporters!
I hope both keep up the fight and best of luck for the coming year and more.

Tomorrow it's Mr. Djokovic vs. Mr. Murray. Good luck to both!

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:27 PM   #202
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another one. It's a beauty. I will post them together.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not cheering against Rafa, I'm just sure about the result.
Oh. Novak is going to have his way with Rafa all night long. Naughty or not, that's going to happen my friend

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #203
country flag TheRafaelNadal

TheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond reputeTheRafaelNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If this is peak nadal, he has had a bad career. Good form, but come on.
It is his peak. He won 3 Slams in 2010 and could have won 3 Slams in 2011. 6 GS Finals out of 8. He isn't going to play at this level for that much longer, he's already needing to take time off to rest for Slams. He's going to be retired by the age of 28.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #204
country flag FEDtheGOAT

FEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond reputeFEDtheGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon..the tennis world knows FED is the most complete and most talented player...even Nadal said so...the commentator said he has to many options...he has to play a simple game against a one dimensional player..he still tries to make those fancy shot...and c"mon....his serve was way lower that what he usually does...

you can't be serious by saying NADAL is the GOAT.....please FED fans....can you remind them please...

reality Check please..

so funny....NADAL on his knees..like he won the AO....

now get **** for a 7 straight time by NOVAK.
FEDtheGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #205
country flag Spierbal

Spierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond reputeSpierbal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoz View Post
Nadal can't also never be the goat, he loses Djoker "all the time" So the goat is Laver
It is difficult to determine who the greatest to ever play the game as there are too many variables and what ifs. Federer has an outstanding resume and once in a life time talent but the mental deficiency against Rafa really hurts Roger's case to be the undisputed GOAT.

For me Laver has the slight edge if I was pushed to name someone, with that crazy achievement, the double calendar-year Grand Slam, 1962 (amateur) and 1969 (pro). What Laver did in his era is amazing enough because he had his prime years taken away... I am sure Roger will remain in the discussion for some but he has a dark cloud hanging over his head called Rafa.
Spierbal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #206
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

Same old story. The only place Federer has an edge is on low bouncing hard courts that protect his backhand a la London wtf.
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #207
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO 2012 SF: GOAT R.Nadal def 2ndGOAT R. Federer 6-7(5) 6-2 7-6(5) 6-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanKowalski View Post
Federer has completed the Brainfart Slam.

RG11 - brainfart in 1st set against Nadal
W11 - brainfart against Tsonga, leading 2-0
USO11 - brainfart in 5th set against Djokovic
AO12 - another brainfart against Nadal

Roger, I still love you. And I hate that
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #208
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDtheGOAT View Post
C'mon..the tennis world knows FED is the most complete and most talented player...even Nadal said so...the commentator said he has to many options...he has to play a simple game against a one dimensional player..he still tries to make those fancy shot...and c"mon....his serve was way lower that what he usually does...

you can't be serious by saying NADAL is the GOAT.....please FED fans....can you remind them please...

reality Check please..

so funny....NADAL on his knees..like he won the AO....

now get **** for a 7 straight time by NOVAK.
Where can I get the stuff you smoking man? I am a big Federer fan. But let's be honest with ourselves. He is the least complete player mentally no matter how many great shots he is able to hit. He is like God in talent and Gasquet in brain.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #209
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
maybe not , if the matches beetween this two in their peaks should been in more surfsces than in clay like in the beggining , federer`s mind would be different.

in 2004-207 the surfaces were more faster too
Yes faster surfaces back then so no it wouldn't have made MUCH of a difference. But whatever less slams fed would pick up if they were the same age nadal won't be playign when he's 30 so fed really would have gotten more at that point who knows and who cares though. He makes 100 million dollars a year. I sure as hell wouldn't be playing if i were him so be glad that he still does.

Oh this wasn't directed towards you juan. I didn't mean for it to have mean tone. There was someone you quoted that said if nadal born in 1981 fed would have half the slams and I was just disagreeing.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #210
country flag ZaZoo)

ZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond reputeZaZoo) has a reputation beyond repute

btw Rafito ended Olderer's match streak, good job Rafito
ZaZoo) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote