Police camped outside Tomic's house... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #61
country flag Gabe32

Gabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond reputeGabe32 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police camped outside Tomic's house...

"Comic Tomic" ... trademarked by me.
Gabe32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #62
country flag grishotarian

grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian grishotarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardDog View Post
Pathetic behaviour by the police. They will do anything to get their picture in the paper.

The great man's father is correct: This is very un-Australian.
Wow you must be a bigger tosser than Bernard.

What a total tool Just an embarrassment
grishotarian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #63
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

B-Nard trolling the police and winning.

NardDog has every right to be speeding, why doesn't the law get this..?

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #64
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Young brat 'plagued' by an overdose of testosterone. And apparently not all that bright either.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #65
country flag rinnegan

rinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond reputerinnegan has a reputation beyond repute

This is absolutely hilarious.
Grigor Dimitrov • Ernests Gulbis
Andre Agassi • Mario Ancic • Marat Safin

Thank you for everything, Sir Alex Ferguson!
rinnegan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #66
country flag HNCS

HNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond reputeHNCS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
oh yeah actually I had not seen that before and I do appreciate that as it sheds a bit of light

maybe the reason they are upset at him is because of a combined number of counts of breaking driving rules I don't know. all the same this whole thing seems drastic, I'm just going off of today's situation and the article at the start of this thread- that they are 'camped outside of his house'. it just seems like way too much. they know he is a famous guy and it almost seems like they want things to escalate. they should just tack some tickets to his door and leave him alone, but of course I have no idea what protocol is like in Australia.

he's a bit of a punk don't get me wrong, i just think the whole situation seems a bit sketchy
i think it's because it's Australia day. national public holiday. many people on the gold coast. pressures from all sorts of directions.

Richard Gasquet,David Nalbandian, James Blake,Marcos Baghdatis,Fabrice Santoro,Jonas Bjorkman,Mario Ancic,Mikhail Youzhny,Fernado Verdasco
HNCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #67
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

Thread moved to off topic -> Tomic persecuted again.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #68
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
oh yeah actually I had not seen that before and I do appreciate that as it sheds a bit of light

maybe the reason they are upset at him is because of a combined number of counts of breaking driving rules I don't know. all the same this whole thing seems drastic, I'm just going off of today's situation and the article at the start of this thread- that they are 'camped outside of his house'. it just seems like way too much. they know he is a famous guy and it almost seems like they want things to escalate. they should just tack some tickets to his door and leave him alone, but of course I have no idea what protocol is like in Australia.

he's a bit of a punk don't get me wrong, i just think the whole situation seems a bit sketchy
What are the police meant to do? Just walk away and let him continue to drive the thing illegally. There is a reason why Australia has these laws and the Gold Coast is one of the main problem areas. If it was anyone else they would be getting the same treatment.

Normally when someone decides to leave the cops and drive home over an issue like it means they have something else to hide and the fact that he was having fun with his mates on Australia Day beforehand doesn't exactly help. You normally get a few stories a year of our footballers (not soccer version but our bogan versions) who run from the cops. Ben Cousins (a former AFL player) was one of the few successful ones who managed to get away with a drugs possession charge by fleeing his car at a police pullover and then chucking his drugs in the river but in the end his drug addiction caught up with him. It's one of the oldest bogan tricks in the book.

I highly doubt Tomic had something to hide and he probably panicked but you can't blame the police for doing what they did. It is Tomic's fault things escalated. The police are simply doing their job.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #69
country flag Pea

Pea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond reputePea has a reputation beyond repute

What an idiot. Plain and simple.
{{{Janko Tipsarevic}}}
{{{Andreas Vinciguerra}}}
{{{Mikhail Youzhny}}}
(Agustin Calleri)(Hicham Arazi)(Nicolas Kiefer)(Sebastien Grosjean)(Rafael Nadal)
(Tommy Robredo)(Xavier Malisse)(Gustavo Kuerten)(Rainer Schuettler)(Fernando Gonzalez)
(Mark Philippoussis)(Gaston Gaudio)(Albert Montanes)(Ivan Ljubicic)(Mariano Zabaleta) & Many More...

FoRevEr:
{{{STEFAN EDBERG}}}
Pea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #70
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I've never liked his cocky attitude, but I have to admit, this guy is a great person.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #71
country flag VolandriFan

VolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond reputeVolandriFan has a reputation beyond repute

I must say, I'm a pretty good judge of character. It was far too easy with Tomic though.

Fognini|Mathieu|Falla|Bolelli|Muller|Verdasco
Monaco|Garcia-Lopez|Dancevic|Granollers|Massu|Schwank
Wolmarans|Xristos|Ferrer|Monfils|Alcaide|Starace
VolandriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #72
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand, why does he need a special license? How old do you have to be to drive in Australia? And why was he only allowed to drive to and from practice only?

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #73
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
best tennis news story ever.
Seriously. Call it a day folks, the strangest tennis story of the year has already been decided.

Is the standoff still going?

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #74
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

Any colour other than orange wouldn't have been right for this kid.

Anyhow, tough luck tomic.

Once you actually learn to drive this thing it'll be a lot harder to pull you over.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #75
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic's behaviour
police reaction
MTF reaction
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote