Police camped outside Tomic's house... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #46
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police camped outside Tomic's house...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripb19 View Post
Are you retarded? There's a reason Australia leads the world in road safety.
where did you get that statistic?

i have a list of safest countries by driving standards and Australia is not on top?

http://www.aneki.com/safest_roads.html

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #47
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
It's funny how the nard tards are coming out to defend this moron. First bad sportsmanship, now flouting the law and being an asshole to poor government workers? Major douche bag. Locking himself in his house? Major pussy.
He is my favorite player. Im not defending him one bit. What he done was stupid. Should have payed the $300 fine gone home and not drove the car again. But what does he do an hour later drives the car again.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #48

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNCS View Post
this debate is going interesting places. the lives of people on road > the choice of cars for younger drivers. we have strict laws in australia, and only getting stricter.
you can make a country 100% perfectly safe to live in, but consequently you will have to take many freedoms away from the people. safe is not always better

Rafael Nadal
Old 01-26-2012, 06:44 AM   #49
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
He is my favorite player. Im not defending him one bit. What he done was stupid. Should have payed the $300 fine gone home and not drove the car again. But what does he do an hour later drives the car again.
That makes you a fan, not a tard

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #50
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
you can make a country 100% perfectly safe to live in, but consequently you will have to take many freedoms away from the people. safe is not always better
Driving a car isn't a human right - countries decide what's safest and have different ages when you can do it. It's statistically proven that young guys with fast cars are the most dangerous drivers & as they get older they become safer. Makes total sense not to allow an 18 yr old get behind a car that can go so fast - that's pretty much a weapon and a danger to the public. Australia has its laws and I'm sure they've thought about why they don't want 18 yr olds driving sports cars - Tomic has to live with it. He only has to wait about 2 years anyway and he won't have restrictions.

It's the law - he should have followed it - didn't - he's an idiot. I don't understand this special dispensation to drive to the practice court issue but if he has that he should stick to it. No sympathy for him at all - how sorry I am for a 19 year spoiled kid with a sports car....
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #51
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Haha that is so stupid by Tomic and the police. Tomic should stop attracting attention and the police get off his back. Camping outside his house seriously
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Driving a car isn't a human right - countries decide what's safest and have different ages when you can do it. It's statistically proven that young guys with fast cars are the most dangerous drivers & as they get older they become safer. Makes total sense not to allow an 18 yr old get behind a car that can go so fast - that's pretty much a weapon and a danger to the public. Australia has its laws and I'm sure they've thought about why they don't want 18 yr olds driving sports cars - Tomic has to live with it. He only has to wait about 2 years anyway and he won't have restrictions.

It's the law - he should have followed it - didn't - he's an idiot. I don't understand this special dispensation to drive to the practice court issue but if he has that he should stick to it. No sympathy for him at all - how sorry I am for a 19 year spoiled kid with a sports car....
i totally agree I definitely don't feel bad that Tomic at only 19 isn't being allowed to drive the sportscar. i mean a kid that young with that car it's a bit much anyway BUT...

the laws in Australia are clearly very skewed, like you just mentioned with this odd change of rule of thumb for when he's going to practice? it just doesn't make any sense. Tomic (AS FAR HAS BEEN REPORTED) doesn't seem to have done anything that bad so it's just amusing that the article reports that the police are 'camped outside of his house'.

I can see why Tomic might be frustrated but obviously he should have obeyed the police

Rafael Nadal
Old 01-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #53
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

The law doesn't apply to this kid with the caved-in face.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
country flag tripb19

tripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond reputetripb19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
where did you get that statistic?

i have a list of safest countries by driving standards and Australia is not on top?

http://www.aneki.com/safest_roads.html
Think about it, huge population on a tiny island (UK) vs tiny population on a huge island. Traffic jams vs speeding on open roads.

The country has reduced it's fatality count by 70% since 1970 whilst the population has doubled.

That website also lists the USA as the 6th best place to live in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my0118
Watch your hero getting schooled by Nalbandian like this pansy again.
At least this pansy took 6 games from Nalby whilst your hero took 3 games in Madrid.
Oct/Nov 2007: There was a time in history when the quality of a tennis player was determined by how many games he won off David Nalbandian.
tripb19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripb19 View Post
Think about it, huge population on a tiny island (UK) vs tiny population on a huge island. Traffic jams vs speeding on open roads.

The country has reduced it's fatality count by 70% since 1970 whilst the population has doubled.

That website also lists the USA as the 6th best place to live in the world.
you make some fine points, all I am saying is that sometimes there are in fact strange driving laws that do not particularly help safety. how in this example does it help safety or make any sense to allow Tomic to drive a sports car at particular moments but not at other moments?? to practice but not at other times? it's very very strange and seems far too subjective of a driving law (however it works)

Rafael Nadal
Old 01-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #56
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely love this.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
Rafa you are my hero I hope I will never live to see the day you start losing matches regularly to mugs like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #57
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
unfortunately I do know as much as you and I know what TOmic has done thus far as it has been reported. obviously regardless of Australian law (none of which I said I knew despite what you have just stated) it is silly for them to camp out of his house in the manner they are. so far we have counts of Tomic driving a sportscar when he was not supposed to, twice in the same day, and refusing to stop his vehicle while on route to home when asked to stop by the officer.

it is just not a very large criminal act at all and to demonize Tomic for this is silly.
Then you don't know that he's been in trouble with the police for dangerous driving before.

This article is from December 2011:
http://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2011/...gerous-driving

This has been going back and forth for a while. Possibly the police do have it in for him, as they don't appreciate young punks who repeatedly thumb their nose at the law. But I'm sure he's not an innocent angel in this either.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Then you don't know that he's been in trouble with the police for dangerous driving before.

This article is from December 2011:
http://www.sbnation.com/tennis/2011/...gerous-driving

This has been going back and forth for a while. Possibly the police do have it in for him, as they don't appreciate young punks who repeatedly thumb their nose at the law. But I'm sure he's not an innocent angel in this either.
oh yeah actually I had not seen that before and I do appreciate that as it sheds a bit of light

maybe the reason they are upset at him is because of a combined number of counts of breaking driving rules I don't know. all the same this whole thing seems drastic, I'm just going off of today's situation and the article at the start of this thread- that they are 'camped outside of his house'. it just seems like way too much. they know he is a famous guy and it almost seems like they want things to escalate. they should just tack some tickets to his door and leave him alone, but of course I have no idea what protocol is like in Australia.

he's a bit of a punk don't get me wrong, i just think the whole situation seems a bit sketchy

Rafael Nadal
Old 01-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #59
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

This is so strange.

I was watching highlights of the tomic federer match last night, woke up to see this twitter on MTF. I thought I was dreaming.
Jaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:14 AM   #60
country flag Geo

Geo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond reputeGeo has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic is such a brat Good for the game though-his rise through the rankings will only generate more buzz and interest in the sport. We all know he'll only become more arrogant when he reaches the top 10
Geo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote