1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 78 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #1156
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Congrats to Martin Redlicki on winning the doubles title

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/gal...580011767.html

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #1157
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Polish Connection Leads to Surprising Boys’ Doubles Title

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...r=0#more-34835
Quote:
Martin Redlicki hit an ace on match point, and his partner, Kamil Majhrzak, snatched off his cap in surprise. Unseeded, they were suddenly the United States Open boys’ doubles champions.

Redlicki, an American whose parents were born in Poland, and Majhrzak, who is from the small Polish town of Piotrkow, scored a 6-3, 6-4, victory over Quentin Halys of France, and Frederico Silva of Portugal in the final Saturday.

“There are no words to describe being at home, winning a Grand Slam.” Redlicki, 18, said. “Just don’t wake me up yet.”

Majhrak, 17, said the victory was “a big surprise, a surprise.”

Redlicki said the pair’s serving made the difference. They won all 10 of their service games. Halys and Silva served well, too, but yielded a single service break in each set.

Another factor was a cheering section brought to the match by his godfather, who lives in Flushing Meadows.

Redlicki called the spectators “an unbelieveable support team. I don’t know if we would have been able to do it without them.”

Redlicki and Majhrak, who spoke Polish to each other on court, met earlier this year at a tournament in Milan, Italy.

“I didn’t know him, he didn’t know me,” Redlicki said. “And we knew we were both Polish, so we kind of met each other then,
and we became friends.”

In the first round Tuesday, the new friends defeated the top-seeded team of Stefan Kozlov, 15, of the United States and Borna Coric, 16, of Croatia.

The pair also upset the fifth-seeded team of Alexander Zverev of Germany and Andrey Rublev of Russia in the quarterfinals.

Rather than turning professional, Redlicki said, he is committed to play college tennis in 2014 at Duke, where his older brother, Michael, plays.

“Even though this is a big result, I’m definitely still gonna go to Duke and play for Duke,” he said.

The girls’ double champion was less of a surprise. Top-seeded Barbora Kreijcikova and Katerina Siniakova of the Czech Republic defeated the No. 3 seeded team of Belinda Bencic of Switzerland and Sara Sorribes Tormo of Spain, 6-3, 6-4. The Czech duo also won the junior doubles title at the French Open and Wimbledon this year.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #1158
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ITA Preseason Ranking

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/
Quote:
The newcomer rankings for men:

1. Mackenzie McDonald, UCLA
2. Andrew Harris, Oklahoma
3. Brayden Schnur, North Carolina
4. Gage Brymer, UCLA
5. Ronnie Schneider, North Carolina
6. Nick Horton, NC State
7. Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, Virginia
T-8. George Goldhoff, Texas
T-8. Alexandru Gozun, South Florida
10. Alexandru Ghilea, Oklahoma
Good luck to the incoming freshmen. Any prediction on freshman of the year?

Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #1159
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Escobedo will play Novikov in the quarterfinal of USA F23.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #1160
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Escobedo will play Novikov in the quarterfinal of USA F23.
Lost 2&3.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #1161
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Pan American ITF acceptance list: http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100029422

Noah is not defending his title.

American juniors at USA F24: Rubin, Papa, McDonald, Baughman, Farren, Escobedo, and Nava

Draw: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100029627

Old 09-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #1162
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Noah beat Daniel Nguyen 6-1 6-0
Spencer lost in straights. Rest of the guys still to play.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #1163
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
That was a surprising scoreline, but well done to Noah. Daniel Garza retired against Escobedo again, that's weird (drawn each other in the 1st round last week as well). But a win is a win.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #1164
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Are you following the Nava-Nishioka match? Eduardo came back from 0-5 deficient only to lose the 2nd set tiebreak. I think he will lose now...don't know how much energy he has left.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #1165
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from dinner so I am now.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #1166
country flag Smoke944

Won 6-2 in the end which is surprising. Nice win.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:25 AM   #1167
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Deiton def. MM 76 60 will play Noah, so somebody will make the quarterfinal. Connor also won.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:56 AM   #1168
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Into quarterfinals of Costa Mesa: Rubin, Escobedo, and Farren
Into quarterfinals of Turkey futures: Donaldson

Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #1169
country flag Smoke944

Giron is on a roll now so it will be tough for Noah, good luck.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #1170
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Noah lost 2&2 and Ernesto is up a set against Connor 76(2).