1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 76 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #1126
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

MM lost 63 64
Gage down 46 02

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #1127
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I am pissed at myself. Forgot to set the DVR to record qualies so I missed the first couple matches
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #1128
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Gage lost 4&2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
I am pissed at myself. Forgot to set the DVR to record qualies so I missed the first couple matches
I don't think any of our juniors were on a streamed court.

Jared will play Marchenko next, tough one.

Last edited by SapELee : 08-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #1129
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Inside the Life of Next Gen'r Mackie McDonald...short video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151631021435749

Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #1130
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ISNER, John USA [13] - VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA
UNGUR, Adrian ROU - MONFILS, Gael FRA
MONTANES, Albert ESP - ROGER-VASSELIN, Edouard FRA
ALTAMIRANO, Collin USA (W) - KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER [22]

Not a very good draw for Collin (but kinda expected b/c of his ranking, well he doesn't even have a ranking ).

Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #1131
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Altamirano, Bellis headline US Open junior wild cards

Quote:
USTA Boys’ 18s national champion Collin Altamirano headlines a group of talented youngsters receiving singles main draw wild cards into the 2013 US Open Junior Championships, set to begin on Sunday, Sept. 1.

As this year’s USTA Boys’ 18s national champion, Altamirano earned a wild card to play in the US Open men’s main draw, which begins next week. The 17-year-old became the first unseeded player to win the Boys’ 18s singles title in the 71 years the event has been at its current home in Kalamazoo, Mich.

Among those joining Altamirano as wild card entrants into the boys’ junior singles draw are:

Danny Kerznerman, 17, who trains at the USTA Training Center – East, home of the US Open.
Mackenzie McDonald, 18, who played in qualifying for the US Open men’s draw this week. Last week at the Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati, he became the first unranked teen to qualify for an ATP Masters 1000 event.
Gage Brymer, 18, the No. 1-ranked boys’ 18s singles player in the USTA national standings.
Jared Donaldson, 16, the 2013 USTA Boys’ 18s National Championship runner-up who won his opening match in the 2013 US Open Qualifying Tournament.
Tommy Paul, 16, the 2013 USTA Boys’ 16s national champion and national clay court champion.

One additional boys’ singles main draw wild card will be awarded to a player to be determined.

On the girls’ side, 14-year-olds CiCi Bellis and Michaela Gordon received singles main draw wild cards. Together, the two led the U.S. to the World Junior Tennis title earlier this month in the premier 14-and-under world team competition, held in the Czech Republic. Bellis, additionally, has won several prestigious singles titles in 2013, including the girls’ 16s Easter Bowl championship.

Among those joining Bellis and Gordon as wild card entrants into the girls’ junior singles draw are:

Brooke Austin, 17, a USTA Girls’ 18s National Championship semifinalist who played in qualifying for this year’s US Open women’s draw.
Peggy Porter, 17, ranked No. 5 in the USTA Girls’ 18s national standings. Katerina Stewart, 16, the 2013 USTA Girls’ 16s national champion.
Alicia Black, 15, a 2013 Easter Bowl girls’ 18s finalist.
Chloe Ouellet-Pizer, 15, the 2013 USTA Girls’ 18s national clay court champion.
Kaitlyn McCarthy, 15, ranked No. 3 in the USTA Girls’ 18s national standings.

The draws for the 2013 US Open Junior Championships will be revealed by Saturday, Aug. 31; to check back for the draws and additional information, click here.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/art...186710190.html

Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #1132
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Collin Altamirano, the champion from Kalamazoo will undergo an interesting task: his first junior grand slam. After coming out of nowhere to capture the USTA National Championships crown, this will be a test of how he stacks up amongst international competition. It'll be interesting to see if he will live up to his title of national champion, or if he ended up just being a one hit wonder in Kalamazoo. Jared Donaldson (Kalamazoo finalist), McKenzie McDonald, Dan Kerznerman and JC Aragone are more familiar stacking up against international competition. This will be McDonald's first grand slam since the Junior Australian Open and this will be Donaldson and Kerznerman’s first one since last year’s Junior US Open. Unlike those two, this will be Aragone's first go round at a junior grand slam. Tommy Paul and Gage Brymer have had their experiences with international tournaments (mostly all in the USA), but none to this degree. After coming up short as a 1 seed at Kalamazoo, Brymer will have a second chance to prove he’s the best junior American player. The 8th wildcard is to be determined. I would like to think there is an outside shot of former 16&Under singles national champion Henrik Wiersholm of getting this wildcard (as of now he only has a qualifying wildcard). Also, this spot may have been saved for Ernesto Escobedo if he was to make the trip to New York. If not, it is a mystery who the USTA is saving this for and how long it will be until they release the 8th wildcard.
http://guthguth607.blogspot.com/2013...wildcards.html

Wonder who will get the final wildcard.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #1133
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It would break my heart if I have to see our juniors go through this; one of the reasons why I don't mind them taking the college route.

British Player Finds a Home as Stephens’s Hitting Partner

Quote:
Andy Fitzpatrick is not used to such plush surroundings. Fitzpatrick, a British player ranked 620th, acknowledged that he felt a little out of place in the pampered environment of a high-level WTA tournament as he assisted Sloane Stephens with her United States Open preparations at the New Haven Open this week.

“Trust me, I don’t stay in hotels like this on the futures tour,” Fitzpatrick said. “I don’t get treated the way they get treated. It’s a completely different life.”

The champion in New Haven this week will pocket $117,000, but at Fitzpatrick’s level, prize money is minimal. With hotels, food and flights to pay for, players have little hope of breaking even each week unless they advance far in a tournament.

Fitzpatrick, 24, scrapes by, using his wits and the Couchsurfing Web site to cut costs. He has grown used to sharing his accommodation on tour with rats, cockroaches and whatever wildlife may be in the vicinity.

A promising junior, Fitzpatrick has been forced to put his career on hold on several occasions for financial reasons. After a disastrous trip to Thailand last year in which he was robbed and assaulted in the shower, he was forced to take a desk job for a couple of months to stay afloat.

Fitzpatrick has made money in the past by serving as a hitting partner for players like Novak Djokovic and Janko Tipsarevic at the World Tour Finals in London. When Stephens’s coach, David Nainkin, came calling just before Wimbledon to see if Fitzpatrick was interested in hitting with Stephens for duration of the tournament, he was only too pleased to accept.

“It was perfect,” Fitzpatrick said. “I was struggling with glandular fever at the time, so didn’t feel well enough to play a tournament. That’s how it started.”

Fitzpatrick did not expect to hear from Stephens and her team again, but two days before the start of the Rogers Cup in Toronto, he received a phone call asking him if he could get on a flight to Canada. This time his role was a little more expansive. With Nainkin unavailable, Fitzpatrick has been acting as Stephens’s unofficial coach for the past three weeks.

“I’m used to playing, not watching a load of matches, but there’s little things you can pick up that players don’t see, so that’s what she wanted to hear,” Fitzpatrick said. “In the WTA, you get miked up and called onto court. But when that happens, it’s more as someone to speak to as opposed to me critiquing her game, because I haven’t been around her long enough for her to even listen to what I’m saying. I’ve only been with her a short time, but we’ve got to know each other pretty well and I know that she just needs positivity.”

Stephens is steadily building a tight-knit entourage around her. She was plunged into the spotlight after her run to the Australian Open semifinals this year, but Fitzpatrick said that she was getting used to the attention.

“She’s extremely grounded and very easy to be around,” he said. “She has a good group of family members around her. I think you need to have people around who you can trust, because at that level you start getting demands from all angles.”

Fitzpatrick said he would be at the United States Open with Stephens and would travel with her for the Asian swing in the fall. He retains ambitions of one day reaching the top level as a player, but for now being a hitting partner is a more viable option.

“For me, it’s a constant income that I haven’t had, and if I’m traveling, I don’t need to be based somewhere,” he said. “My current home situation is dire. My parents have retired, so having somewhere to go back to is no longer an option. When I finish the United States Open, I have a week to try to sell all my stuff or put it somewhere, but after that I won’t have a home. To go from my ranking to a higher level, you need massive backing, which I don’t have. Given that I now have to fund myself just to live, let alone play tennis, with the best will in the world it’s nearly impossible.

“With this arrangement, I can get regular income, I can get exposed to top levels of tennis, and if later on down the line, I wanted to get back into playing, then sure. For now this is great. And it’s working for me, and it’s working for them.”
http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...-partner/?_r=0

Last edited by SapELee : 08-24-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #1134
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it has been covered already but I'm glad Escobedo got the last junior WC.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #1135
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Not sure if it has been covered already but I'm glad Escobedo got the last junior WC.
That's good to hear.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #1136
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...=1377862909314

With the USTA getting rid of their PD program, does it mean no more juniors funded international trips?

Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #1137
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/d...l?promo=subnav

Alexander Zverev (GER) [1] v Taylor Harry Fritz (USA)(Q)
Bradley Mousley (AUS) v Carlos Lopez Villa (ESP)(LL)
Martin Redlicki (USA) v Matej Maruscak (SVK)
Ken Onishi (JPN) v Cameron Norrie (GBR) [16]

Karen Khachanov (RUS) [12] v S.Soendergaard (DEN)
Collin Altamirano (USA)(WC) v Duck Hee Lee (KOR)
Maxime Janvier (FRA) v Gabriel Vellinho HOCEVAR (BRA) (Q)
Mackenzie McDonald (USA)(WC) v Guillermo Nunez (CHI) [7]

Borna CORIC (CRO) [4] v Tommy PAUL (USA) (WC)
Jaime Ignacio GALLEGUILLOS (CHI) v Weiqiang ZHENG (CHN)
Johannes HAERTEIS (GER) v Alex RYBAKOV (USA) (Q)
Thomas COLAUTTI (GBR) (Q) v Jorge Brian PANTA (PER) [15]

Hyeon CHUNG (KOR) [9] v Andrey RUBLEV (RUS)
Quentin HALYS (FRA) v Francis TIAFOE (USA) (Q)
Rafael MATOS (BRA) v Reilly OPELKA (USA) (Q)
Kamil MAJCHRZAK (POL) v Yoshihito NISHIOKA (JPN) [8]

Johan Sebastien TATLOT (FRA) [6] v JC ARAGONE (USA) (WC)
Maximilian MARTERER (GER) v Takashi SAITO (JPN)
Frederico Ferreira SILVA (POR) v Luca CORINTELI (USA)
Luke BAMBRIDGE (GBR) v Daniil MEDVEDEV (RUS) [10]

Clement GEENS (BEL) [13] v Seong Chan HONG (KOR)
Harry BOURCHIER (AUS) v Daniel KERZNERMAN (USA) (WC)
Marcelo ZORMANN (BRA) v Elias YMER (SWE)
Jared DONALDSON (USA) (WC) v Christian GARIN (CHI) [3]

Stefan KOZLOV (USA) [5]
v Lucas MIEDLER (AUT)
Jonny O'MARA (GBR) v Young Seok KIM (KOR)
Thanasi KOKKINAKIS (AUS) v Naoki NAKAGAWA (JPN)
Ernesto ESCOBEDO (USA) (WC) v Nicolas JARRY (CHI) [11]

Roman SAFIULLIN (RUS) [14] v Alexandre MULLER (FRA) (Q)
Cem ILKEL (TUR) v Gage BRYMER (USA) (WC)
Noah RUBIN (USA) v Hannes WAGNER (GER)
Yusuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) (Q) v Gianluigi QUINZI (ITA) [2]

I hope they can do better than last year. Can't remember exactly, but I think two 14 yrs old and a wildcard advanced to the 2nd round

Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #1138
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I wish I could watch the juniors instead of the pros.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #1139
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Day 1

Winners: Redlicki, Altamirano, McDonald, Kerznerman
Losers: Kozlov, Paul, Corinteli. Aragone

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...7&postcount=13

Last edited by SapELee : 09-02-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #1140
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29

Quote:
The US boys had less success with only four of the eight in action on Sunday advancing to the second round.

Martin Redlicki and Dan Kerznerman had impressive wins, with Redlicki defeating Matej Maruscak of Slovakia 6-3, 6-4 and Kerznerman, a New Yorker with plenty of support on Court 8, downing Harry Bourchier of Australia 6-1 6-3.

The only seeded US boy, No. 5 Stefan Kozlov, showed little energy in his puzzlingly routine 6-1, 6-2 loss to Lucas Miedler of Austria, and wild cards Tommy Paul and JC Aragone went out quickly to seeded players, but two other wild cards, Kalamazoo champion Collin Altamirano and Mackenzie McDonald posted victories in late afternoon matches.

Altamirano suffered something of a letdown midway through the first set of his match with Korean Duck Hee Lee, but rededicated himself in the second set to post a 7-6(4), 6-1 victory.

"I got too comfortable in the match," said the 17-year-old from Yuba City, Calif. "I felt I could serve my way through the first set and not have to work as hard, and it was just sloppy. He just kind of stuck around, and I was playing sloppy points and sloppy games, but credit to him, he played good points. I got the tiebreaker and then got my head straight. I played a good couple of games in the second, and he was done."

Altamirano had 10 aces in the match, and even well into the second set, Lee, 15, couldn't read it.

"He had a really tough time with my serve," said Altamirano, who didn't know that Lee is deaf. "I don't know exactly what it was, but it was like he couldn't see it. I got him so many times when he didn't move, and it made me feel kind of good about myself, but yeah, he had a real tough time picking up my serve."

McDonald was facing his doubles partner and No. 7 seed Guillermo Nunez of Chile in his first round match, but the confidence he has gained this summer, particularly in qualifying for the ATP Masters in Cincinnati last month, led him to a come-from-behind 3-6, 7-6(5), 6-3 win.

"It's just all mental, I feel," said the 18-year-old from Piedmont, Calif. "I'm just happy I was able to stay focused and pull it out."

McDonald also appreciated the support he received during the match from USTA head of men's tennis Jay Berger and head of coaching Jose Higueras.

"I stepped it up in the tiebreaker," said McDonald. "I got pumped up, and I knew I had to. I think the crowd helped me a little bit in the tiebreaker. I saw Jay over there, and Jose, and that kind of bumped me up. Jay was very supportive, saying let's go Mackie, and Jose, and that actually did help me in the tiebreaker for sure."

The last game was a struggle for McDonald, who saved multiple break points before finally converting, with McDonald again giving credit to his mental approach.

"I felt I'm playing good tennis and as long as I can keep focus and keep playing good points and construct them and put them back-to-back together, I think I'll be fine. On the ad-out point, all I had to do is relax and I told myself that, and I won the next one, two, three points."

Sixteen more Americans, including all seven qualifiers, are scheduled to play on Monday, and the top seeds--Switzerland's Belinda Bencic and Germany Alexander Zverev--also take the courts for their first round matches.

The doubles draws were also released today, with a few first round doubles matches on the schedule for Monday.

See usopen.org for the draws.