1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 75 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #1111
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoparound View Post
Same guy?
Yeah same guy.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #1112
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
Whoa! I did not know that. Is he mentally not cut out for the sport? He really seemed to focus on the negatives of his result and none of the positives. I hope he improves that mentality a bit.
Just like Noah
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #1113
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Just like Noah
So true but at least Noah is mentally strong in competitions.

I hope Jared can improve in this department b/c I really like his game. Of the American juniors, he is perhaps the closest to a Brian Baker prototype.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #1114
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Tough debut for Mackie.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #1115
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Along with Jared, Noah also got a USO qualifying wildcard. So we have 3 juniors participating (Collin w/ the MDWC). Good luck guys.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #1116
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

We now have 4. Gage got Sandgren's QWC (direct entry). Surprised to see him get it over Stefan. But I don't really mind since I do like his game. I don't mind his cockiness either

Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h

#USOpen wild card update: Rajeev Ram has gotten in directly, so Tim Smyczek given main draw wild card. Junior Gage Brymer gets qualies WC.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #1117
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2...nship_Draw.pdf

I'm rooting for Ronnie Schneider here
Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #1118
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 29s

Christian Harrison has declined his wild card into #USOpen qualifying due to a quad injury, so it will go to Mackenzie McDonald instead.
When was the last time we have 5 juniors playing the USO?

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #1119
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

https://www.facebook.com/ustennisbab...ed_target_id=0

Quote:
US Tennis is excited to interview 17-year old Collin Altamirano, who made tennis history last Sunday. He became the first unseeded player ever to win the boys U18s National title in Kalamazoo. On his way to the final, he took out a whole host of seeded players including the number 1 seed Gage Brymer in the semifinals with the loss of only 1 game. In the final, he beat Jared Donaldson 6-1 6-2 6-4 in a best of five set match, which secured for him the top prize for any junior player: a wild card into the main draw of the US Open.

US Tennis had the pleasure of catching up with Collin shortly after his triumph at the Zoo. Read what he shared with us below!

US Tennis: Collin, firstly, congratulations on such an amazing few weeks
Collin Altamirano: Thank you!

US Tennis: After a tricky opening match against Paul Oosterbaan and a three setter in your next match, you went on to win your next four matches, and the title along with it, without dropping a single set and barely losing games. Can you explain this sudden hot streak in your play?
Collin Altamirano: I got better and better throughout the tournament. I had two very tough opening matches and was able to fight through them. After those matches my confidence was very high, and I knew I could beat anyone at that event. I believed in my game and knew I could win.

US Tennis: Tell us a little about what you felt as you served for the match and saw Jared’s return fly long.
Collin Altamirano: It was an amazing feeling! I couldn’t have been more excited to win Kalamazoo and be going to the US Open.

US Tennis: Has it sunk in yet that you are going to be competing on the world’s biggest tennis stage at the US Open in a matter of weeks?
Collin Altamirano: It has definitely sunk in that I may play on Arthur Ashe Stadium against the world’s best tennis players. I couldn’t be more excited for this event and am happy that it’s starting so soon.

US Tennis: What does your schedule look like for the next few weeks leading up to the Open?
Collin Altamirano: My schedule is the same as it always is when it comes to my training. No new approaches even though it’s the US Open.

US Tennis: You are from Yuba City in Northern California. Who were the main influences for you growing up in such a small place?
Collin Altamirano: Well I grew up in Santa Barbara California and my mom was the main influence when it came to my tennis. The reason people think I live in Yuba City is because that is where my dad lives. I live and train in Sacramento, California.

US Tennis: How old were you when you started playing tennis? Do your parents or siblings play the game?
Collin Altamirano: I was about 5 years old when my mom got me playing on a consistent basis. My mom was a very good tennis player as was my step dad. None of my siblings play.

US Tennis: Tell us a little about your tennis career to date – Who is your coach, for example.
Collin Altamirano: My coach is Joseph Gilbert. He was my very first coach, but when I was seven we moved to Santa Barbara so I had to have a different coach for a while. I became a top junior when I was eleven. When I turned twelve, Joseph Gilbert approached my mom and asked if I would like to train in Sacramento and live with him. I said yes! 5 years later I’m still in Sacramento with Joseph and going to the US Open.

US Tennis: What are your plans following the US Open? Do you intend to take your game to the Futures circuit, or will you still be competing in junior tournaments fitting competitions around your senior year at high school?
Collin Altamirano: My plan is to start playing more futures events and see how my level matches up against the pros.

US Tennis: What are your ambitions as a tennis player? Will we see you lighting it up in college tennis in a year or two’s time, or do you see yourself going straight for the pro level?
Collin Altamirano: I’m still unsure of my decision when it comes to go pro or go to college, but this next year will really show me if I can make it in the pros or whether I should go to college.

US Tennis: Collin, thank you very much for talking with us and best of luck at the US Open!
Collin Altamirano: Thank you!

Photo by Bill Kallenberg

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #1120
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2...nship_Draw.pdf

I'm rooting for Ronnie Schneider here
Ronnie withdrew.

Updated: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/2...ted_-_0816.pdf

Edit: So did Aragone

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #1121
country flag Smoke944

Noah vs. Weintraub
Gage vs. Petzschner
MM vs. Karlovic
Jared vs. Dustov

tough draws, good luck
Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #1122
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Noah vs. Weintraub
Gage vs. Petzschner
MM vs. Karlovic
Jared vs. Dustov

tough draws, good luck
no streams

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #1123
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

tough lost for Noah falling 4-6 6-2 2-6 but put up a good fight

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #1124
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jared won 46 64 63

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #1125
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Kevin Lane ‏@KevinLNyc 5m

Jared Donaldson is deceiving, at first doesn't seem very athletic, but boy is he a ball striker. Plays with passion. #UsOpen
Quote:
Kevin Lane ‏@KevinLNyc 9m

H.S. junior Jared Donaldson wins 3set thriller, tosses racquet in stands. It's signin time! #usopen pic.twitter.com/Qy7LlzMoTh

Rhyne's Picture Thread