1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 73 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #1081
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

1st set tiebreak to Jared. Seriously, what in the world have they been feeding him (or not feeding him) in Argentina? He is like a twig.

Mackie down to Mahut 36 32*

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”

Last edited by SapELee : 08-10-2013 at 05:45 PM.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #1082
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

76 75 Donaldson

Meanwhile, Mackie won 2nd set tiebreak to force the 3rd

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #1083
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Lisa Stone ‏@ParentingAces 4m

Listen to great interview w/ finalist Jared Donaldson by Melanie Rubin at http://www.parentingaces.com/reporting-from-kalamazoo
Must be awkward to interview someone who just beat her son.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #1084
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mackie did it 36 76 64

Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #1085
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

UCLA is going to be loaded next year with the additions of Brymer and McDonald.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #1086
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
Neither Escobedo and Donaldson have the quality to go deep in K-Zoo. Escobedo is very one dimensional and although has a big forehand can t beat many players that will be participating (Rubin, Kozlov, Schneider, Corinteli, Papa, Thai and the list goes on). Donaldson is more versatile but also can t go deep in my opinion because he won t be seeded and is bound to have a tough draw. Bottom line, I agree, that none of these kids have the quality to even have a competitive match with anyone in US Open MD
Jared made it But he will probably lose to Altamirano in the final. He looked gassed in his match against Noah and Altamirano is like a wall.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #1087
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The videos didn't come out well, but at least there are commentary.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #1088
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
UCLA is going to be loaded next year with the additions of Brymer and McDonald.
Boooo ...but yeah they definitely will be scary good. I'm really interested in seeing how Mackie and Brymer plus Thai and Luca at my school do in college. I honestly think the UCLA recruits will have a better first year. We'll see.

Last edited by PTWahoo14 : 08-11-2013 at 12:44 AM.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #1089
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
The videos didn't come out well, but at least there are commentary.

I love you...but seriously they better clean up their webcams for next year

Last edited by PTWahoo14 : 08-11-2013 at 04:42 AM.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #1090
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Noah pulled out of the 3rd place match with Brymer Good luck to Jared in the final.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/kalamazo..._river_default
Quote:
KALAMAZOO, MI — For just the second time in the tournament’s 71 years in Kalamazoo, an unseeded player has advanced to the championship singles match at the USTA Boys 18-16 National Championships.

Unseeded Collin Altamirano, of Yuba City, Calif., upset top seed Gage Brymer, Irvine, Calif., 6-0, 6-1, in one Saturday semifinal to advance to today’s best-of-five final.

He’ll play 14th seed Jared Donaldson, of Cumberland, R.I., who defeated No. 2 Noah Rubin, of Rockville Centre, N.Y., 7-6(4), 7-5, on Saturday.

The match, which will be streamed live by Public Media Network and Secant Technologies at ustaboys.secantnet.net, is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. Sunday. The 16s championship match is set for 11:30 a.m. and will also be streamed live.

The winner of the 18s final earns a wild card into the main draw of the U.S. Open and the 16s winner goes into the U.S. Open juniors main draw.

“I’m the 14th seed, so I guess I’m not supposed to be here either,” Donaldson said about facing an unseeded player. “I guess it’s an unlikely match. If anyone had asked us at the beginning of the tournament who would get to the finals of the tournament, nobody would have said Donaldson would be in the final. I bet nobody would say Altamirano would be in the final, either.”

Altamamirano credits his coach, Joseph Gilbert, for the strategy to defeat Brymer.

“Keep hitting heavy, run down a lot of balls and run him around and watch him miss,” Altamirano said. “That’s what I did and I did it perfectly.”
Blueprint for beating Gage Brymer

Altamirano didn’t make the tournament last year because of an injury and, as a first-year 18s player this year, he didn’t expect to be seeded since he’s been playing most of the time on the Futures tour rather than junior tournaments.

“My goal is to turn pro, be the guy on TV,” he said. “This next year is really gonna show if I can jump up in the rankings and get up there. If I get in a good position, I might have to go pro.”

One step would be to win the U.S. Open wild card

“It’s the goal,” Altamirano said. “It’s obviously the ultimate prize in junior tennis. My coach, how he puts it is all the other ones are warmups for this one. This is the tournament I care about most.”

Donaldson said toward the end of his first set, he thought briefly it might go three sets because it was “getting a little dicey. I was like, ‘Oh man, if I’m going to win this, I’m gonna have to go three.’

“Noah doesn’t give an inch and I try not to give an inch, either. I knew it was just going to be a battle out there because Noah is feisty. He’ll scrap, he’ll run, he’ll do whatever it takes to win. But so will I. Today I think I just won a few more key points than he did.”

The only other unseeded player advancing to the championship match was Cecil Mamiit in boys 18s in 1993. He lost to Paul Goldstein in a match that was shortened to the best of three sets and moved indoors to the Markin Center midway through the match because of rain.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #1091
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I forgot that the final is best of 5, JD's chance of winning just went down drastically.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:36 PM   #1092
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Some gameface photos.

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 20h

Jared Donaldson defeats Rubin in semis. Next stop finals tomorrow #natszoo pic.twitter.com/Kq2Ygp7Ipe

Quote:
Melissa & Lloyd ‏@YourGameFace 10 Aug

Never seen one without the other #natszoo #kerznermancorinteli #bff pic.twitter.com/bN7AgOz9HA

Old 08-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #1093
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson 1m

Teenager Mackenzie McDonald, behind some big serving, takes Steve Johnson to a third set. #cincytennis

Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #1094
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis is such an unpredictable sport. How do you explain this?
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #1095
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Macdonald beats Johnson. Just days after losing to Brymer and Kozlov, he beats two top-100 players. And the guy who knocked him out at Kalamazoo lost 0 and 1 in the SF. Go figure.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote