1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 AM   #76
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Congrats to Krueger on the ISC title

Quote:
Mitchell Kreuger was in a difficult position in the final of the International Spring Championships, played at the Home Depot Center on an unseasonably warm Easter morning.

Not only was the 18-year-old from Aledo, Texas the top seed, he was facing 14-year-old prodigy Stefan Kozlov, who specializes in forcing his older and stronger opponents in uncomfortable places on the tennis court.

Krueger survived, defeating the 12th-seeded Kozlov 6-3, 6-4 in just under two hours, but he was effusive in his praise of the young Floridian......more
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #77
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Harrison Adams

The 17 y.o. upsets No.7 seed Rudolf Siwy in the Oklahoma City Open future 6-1 6-3.

Is Grant Doyle his coach? If so, it must be awkward to coach players (Ryan Harrison) with the same nickname "Harry".

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
Old 04-13-2012, 01:03 AM   #78
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Easter Bowl 3rd Round Results

Code:
3rd Round

Ronnie SCHNEIDER (USA)          6-3 6-2       Mitchell KRUEGER (USA) [1]  
Thai-Son KWIATKOWSKI (USA) [6]  6-4 6-1       Shane MONROE (USA)   
Alexios HALEBIAN (USA) [4]      3-6 6-2 6-1   John Harrison RICHMOND (USA)              
Stefan KOZLOV (USA) [9]         6-4 7-6(5)    Trey STROBEL (USA) [8]                              
Austin SIEGEL (USA) [5]         6-2 7-5       Luca CORINTELI (USA) [11]             
Mackenzie MCDONALD (USA) [3]    6-0 6-2       Justin BUTSCH (USA)   
Jared HILTZIK (USA)             6-4 6-1       Henry CRAIG (USA)                                    
Noah RUBIN (USA) [2]            6-4 6-4       Ryan SHANE (USA)
Some results of interest. Mitchell and Luca

The top half has open up a little bit. Really no clue who will take it, maybe Schneider or Halebian?
I'm hoping for Rubin to make the final so that he can inch closer to the top 10.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #79
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Easter Bowl

Quote:
Colette Lewis‏@zootennis

Kwiatkowski plays flawless final 2+ games, beats Schneider 7-5 in 3rd to advance to semifinals vs Halebian later today #easterbowl ITF
I think the rain has saved his skin , Schneider.

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 04-14-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #80
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Some pictures from the USTA Photo Gallery: 2012 Easter Bowl

Mackenzie McDonald

Alexios Halebian

Ronnie Schneider

Austin Siegel

Thai Kwiatkowski

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #81
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
The finals for the boys ITF were decided Saturday, with No. 4 seed Alexios Halebian set to meet No. 3 seed Mackenzie McDonald. Halebian beat No. 6 seed Thai Kwiatkowski 6-3, 6-3 a few hours after Kwiatkowski had beaten wild card Ronnie Schneider 6-3, 2-6, 7-5 in a rain-delayed quarterfinal. McDonald made short work of Noah Rubin, the No. 2 seed, winning 6-2, 6-0.

"I definitely saw he had a tough day out there with the wind," said McDonald, who won the 14s Easter Bowl title in 2009. "It got to him a little bit, but I stayed strong out there."

Halebian had won three straight matches after dropping the first set, but he was happier with his form Saturday.

"It got a little windy at times, but I felt like if I played good margins, I'd be okay," said Halebian, 17. "I was hitting my forehand really well and took care of my serve most of the time. He played good at times and bad at times, but I felt I played at the same level the whole match."

Halebian and McDonald have never played before.

"I've never played Mackie in a tournament, and it's funny we're playing in the finals," said Halebian. "I haven't planned anything out so far. We'll wait and see tomorrow." -zootennis

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #82
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Easter Bowl

Quote:
Last year at this time, Mackenzie McDonald wasn't playing tennis. Dealing with a diagnosis of Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, a bleeding disease, McDonald was out of competition for eight months, and missing the Easter Bowl was especially difficult for the 2009 Boys 14s champion.

"It was brutal," said McDonald, who turns 17 on Monday. "I really wanted to be here. I almost considered coming just to hang out, I wanted to be here so bad. I couldn't, but it just made me more hungry for a title."

The third-seeded McDonald satisfied that craving on a picture perfect Sunday morning at the Rancho Las Palmas Resort, defeating No. 4 seed Alexios Halebian 6-4, 6-1 to take the boys title at the Grade B1 ITF tournament.

McDonald won the first six points of the championship match, but Halebian upped the ante, playing outstanding tennis to take a 4-1, two-break lead.

Serving with that lead, Halebian had points to take a 5-1 lead, but McDonald broke, the first of five straight games he would win to take the set.

"I got off to a good start, looking good and then I didn't make it 5-1," said Halebian, a native of Glendale, California who trains at the USTA's Boca Raton center. "He started playing better and better. My chance to win the match was maybe get first set, since I started out so hot."

Halebian suffered the first break of the second set serving at 1-2, with McDonald winning the bulk of the long rallies with exceptional forehands and decisive volleys. Under the barrage of deep and penetrating shots, Halebian began to contribute unforced errors and when he was broken again, little hope remained.

"He came out hot, but after that I tried to slow it down a little bit," McDonald said. "I just tried to stick to my game plan. Down 4-1 you've got to dig yourself out of that hole, but after that, you win a few points, you win a game, you break him, you get confident and when you get up 5-4 you get a little looser. Once you get the first set, you're pretty loose and you're just playing easy," McDonald said of his late surge.

Serving at 5-1 in the second set, took a 40-0 lead, but needed his third match point to end it, with a strong forehand forcing an error from Halebian.

Although his celebration was muted, McDonald was satisfied with his win, three years after he claimed the 14s title on the same Rancho Las Palmas court, when he was also the No. 3 seed.

"I'm happy to be back out here, I really am," said the Piedmont, Calif. resident. "It's good to be battling and back on the courts. And to be doing so well, that's good."

McDonald's friend JC Aragone is now going through a similar medical setback, and McDonald has been doing all he can to set an example for him.

"We saw him last week and I've been texting him almost daily and I think I'm helping him a little bit, because I went through the same thing," said McDonald. "You just appreciate it more to be out there and to be playing tennis, to be fortunate enough to do all this."

Comebacks, whether in rehabilitation or on a tennis court are one and the same for McDonald.

"I'm definitely mentally stronger from it," said McDonald. "JC on his deathbed twice, he didn't give up, he got back. Same thing with me, I almost had it, but I didn't give up. And in these matches, you're down and you don't give up. In the Australian Open,[I was] down 6-0, 4-0 30-0 [in the 2012 junior quarterfinals], just don't give up and great things can happen."

Read more about other winners
Boys' 18 Singles (Final Round)
Mackenzie McDonald (3) Piedmont, CA def. Alexios Halebian (4) Glendale, CA 6-4, 6-1

Boys' 18 Doubles (Final Round)
Alexios Halebian / Mitchell Krueger (1) def. Jordan Daigle / Austin Siegel (2) 6-2, 6-7(3), 1-0(7)

Boys' 16 Singles (Final Round)
Joseph Di Giulio (12) Newport Beach, CA def. Aron Hiltzik (9) Wilmette, IL 7-5, 6-1

Boys' 16 Doubles (Final Round)
Joseph Di Giulio / Logan Smith (5) def. Jake Devine / Cameron Klinger 6-3, 6-3

Boys' 14 Singles (Final Round)
William Blumberg (14) Greenwich, CT def. Kyle Seelig (2) Hatfield, PA 6-2, 6-1

Boys' 14 Doubles (Final Round)
William Blumberg / Brian Tsao (8) def. Anudeep Kodali / Johnathan Small (1) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #83
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know he had such a serious medical condition, nor did I know about JC Aragone's condition. Wow.

Considering what he's been through, getting to the AO semis and winning the Easter Bowl is mighty impressive.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #84
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yes, it is never easy going through such condition and the time away from tennis probably hurt his development. So it is indeed a very impressive comeback.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #85
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #86
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #87
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Junior Davis Cup - Day 1

MEXICO 0 - 3 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Jared DONALDSON [USA] def. Nigel JIMENEZ [MEX] 6-2 6-1
Stefan KOZLOV [USA] def. Kevin Jack CARPENTER [MEX] 7-5 4-6 6-1
Jared DONALDSON/ERNESTO ESCOBEDO [USA] def. Nigel JIMENEZ/Jose Andres ILLESCAS MAURY [MEX] 6-2 6-1

Link to thread in Junior Subforum here.

Keep it up guys

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-28-2012, 12:33 AM   #88
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Junior Davis Cup - Day 2: Regional Qualification

DOMINICAN REPUBLIC 0 - 3 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Jared DONALDSON [USA] def. Manuel CASTELLANOS [DOM] 6-2 6-2
Stefan KOZLOV [USA] def. Juan BISONO [DOM] 6-2 6-4
Jared DONALDSON/ERNESTO ESCOBEDO [USA] def. Juan BISONO/Manuel RODRIGUEZ [DOM] 6-0 6-0

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-28-2012, 11:32 PM   #89
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Junior Davis Cup - Day 3: Regional Qualification

CANADA 0 - 3 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
ERNESTO ESCOBEDO [USA] def. Harrison SCOTT [CAN] 6-1 6-2
Jared DONALDSON [USA] def. David VOLFSON [CAN] 6-3 6-2
Jared DONALDSON/ERNESTO ESCOBEDO [USA] def. Harrison SCOTT/Olivier GINGRAS [CAN] 4-6 6-4 6-2

Congrats to Team USA for advancing to the Final in Spain. (Final Standings)

Also congrats to the Boys 14, Girls 14, and Girls 16 on advancing as well .

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #90
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Link

Left to right: Coach Nicolas Todero, Kozlov, Donaldson, Escobedo, Blumberg, Mmoh, Tiafoe ,and coach Ricardo Acuna I think.

Rhyne's Picture Thread