1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 58 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #856
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Luca d. Noah and Gage Brymer beat Redlicki

Luca must be really motivated after last week's incident. Gage, when I want him to win, he doesn't win, but when I want him to lose, he keeps on winning

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #857
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Thai took the first set from Mitch 63, 2-all in the 2nd set. I'm torn, don't know who to cheer for

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 04-14-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #858
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Mitchell won 3-6 6-3 6-2
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #859
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Mitchell won 3-6 6-3 6-2
Had a feeling Mitch was gonna come back and win it as he is the steadier of the two.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 10:03 PM   #860
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 31m

Gage Brymer wins his 2nd Easter Bowl title, taking another 3-setter, this one over Luca Corinteli(3) 36, 64, 61 #ASICSEB13
Bragging rights go to UCLA over UVA

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 02:01 AM   #861
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Gage Brymer Survives Luca Corinteli at 46th Annual ASICS Easter Bowl

Still cocky

Quote:

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (April 14, 2013) – Just because he won four of his six ASICS Easter Bowl matches after dropping the first set and five total three-setters, doesn’t mean that Gage Brymer enjoys playing in them.

“No, I don’t really like them,” was Brymer’s response to a question posed by USTA First Vice President Katrina Adams, who was handling Tennis Channel on-court commentating duties following the unseeded Brymer’s 3-6, 6-4, 6-1, win over Luca Corinteli in the Boy’s 18s ITF singles final on the final day of the 46th annual event that took place for the first time at the Sunrise Country Club.

Adams called Brymer the “Marathon Man”, who later added in his post-match media interviews: “I wish I could get it done it two sets every match. It’s been quite a week, quite a grind.”

For the third straight year the boys’ 18s ITF singles was won by a UCLA Bruin recruit as Marcos Giron (2011), Mackenzie McDonald (2012) and now Brymer have captured the coveted title. It’s a junior title their coach Billy Martin, who many regard as one of the best junior players of all-time, never won.

“I don’t think it’s that I’m getting warmed up because I feel good when I go on the court and I’m hitting good,” Brymer said. “I think the other guy just really comes out pumped up and it takes a little bit of time to get into the match. It’s funny because this is the first tournament where it’s been the case. It’s not that I’m known for losing the first set. It’s just been this week. It’s not too disheartening now when I lose the first set because I know I can come back.

“I can’t put my finger on it. I guess it’s a good thing because I’ll never count myself out in the second set.”

Corinteli, the No. 3 seeded player from Alexandria, Va., who trains at the Junior Tennis Champions Center in College Park, Md., played a solid first set and used his big serve to take the early lead. “Maybe I thought in my head I really wouldn’t face any adversity and that it’s kind of going to go as smooth as it has the first set and a half,” he said. “But tennis is never like that and this has happened to me before. A couple of times you pass by it and think you’ve overcome it and then it happens again. You never really know what to expect in this sport because I was in cruise control and then a couple different points go his way and it’s a different match.”

Brymer also won the ASICS Easter Bowl in 2011 in the boys’ 16s. “I don’t like getting second place,” he said. “I feel like once I get to the final I’m there to win it. A couple of weeks ago at the Claremont ITF I got second and that was my first second in a while. I really can’t remember the last time I got second place. I just hate it. I can’t stand going all that way and losing.”

Brymer said he got a little nervous up 5-0 and then 5-1 in the final set. “It’s definitely an incredibly tough place to be up 5-0, 5-1, 5-2. Some people say, you’re up by so much and you’ve got nothing to lose and you’ve got nothing to be worried about, but I don’t think that’s the case at all. It’s much harder to get up 5-0 and close it out then to get up 5-0.

Brymer doesn’t have much time to rest before he returns to play for his high school team, University High in Irvine, on Tuesday. Then it’s off to play the 113th Ojai Valley Championships Boys’ CIF Interscholastic division April 25-28. This year, Brymer is trying to be the first player since Bobby Riggs to win three straight high school titles at The Ojai since Bobby Riggs did it from 1934-36 playing for Franklin High School in Los Angeles.
http://tenniseastcoast.com/2013/04/1...asterbowl-18s/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 AM   #862
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
“No, I don’t really like them,” was Brymer’s response to a question posed by USTA First Vice President Katrina Adams, who was handling Tennis Channel on-court commentating duties following the unseeded Brymer’s 3-6, 6-4, 6-1, win over Luca Corinteli in the Boy’s 18s ITF singles final on the final day of the 46th annual event that took place for the first time at the Sunrise Country Club.
I wonder if that means they will show it on the tennis channel later on. That would be cool.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 AM   #863
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief will UCLA be loaded next year. They already are a top 4 team and next year lose none of their top 6 and add Brymer and McDonald.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #864
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm a bit surprised Luca beat Escobedo. Good win for him.
Check last years International Springs. Luca beat Escobedo there as well
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #865
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nice interview from Luca: http://tenniseastcoast.com/2013/04/1...le-as-a-wahoo/

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #866
country flag trojanstallion

trojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond reputetrojanstallion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I really like this kid, good attitude. Looks a bit like Ryan Harrison, eh?
trojanstallion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #867
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanstallion View Post
I really like this kid, good attitude. Looks a bit like Ryan Harrison, eh?
Yeah, I can see some similarities. He is a good looking kid all right. Big, tall, strong, and will probably be a hit with the college girls. Unfortunately, he already picked up some bad habits from Williams A lot of the Boca kids follow Rhyne on twitter.

Here is a picture of him with Kudla from early this year. Last year, he was said to be 6'-3" (probably taller now).

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #868
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Schneider and Santiago will play each other in the 2nd round of the Little Rock futures: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw244.PDF

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 AM   #869
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Yeah, I can see some similarities. He is a good looking kid all right. Big, tall, strong, and will probably be a hit with the college girls. Unfortunately, he already picked up some bad habits from Williams A lot of the Boca kids follow Rhyne on twitter.

Here is a picture of him with Kudla from early this year. Last year, he was said to be 6'-3" (probably taller now).

What do you mean by bad habits and do you mean Rhyne Williams?
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #870
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
What do you mean by bad habits and do you mean Rhyne Williams?
Such as booze. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and I'm hoping that Luca was joking when he made that tweet. And yes, Rhyne Williams is whom I was referring to (though his best amigo, Sandgren, is just as much to blame). He trains at the same place as the USTA kids. Rhyne has a fun and sociable personality so it is not surprising to see them take a liking to him. He is not a bad person by any means (I think he is very sweet and down to earth), but he carries some unhealthy habits from his college days such as drinking, partying, junk food, video gaming etc. and has no problems expressing his likes/dislikes (sometimes I think he is too honest for his own good). The juniors liked to favorite his tweets, especially Thai, and have picked up some of his slang. For all the bad stuff, he does have a good side to him. I liked that he took them fishing and occasionally gave them good advice such as "it is okay to go to college".

Luca is closer to Kudla than Williams though (grew up in the same academy, JTCC) and hopefully, Denis' influence will offset some of Rhyne's not so good influence

Rhyne's Picture Thread