1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #751
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
I have seen all the kids mentioned here many times, so I don t have to rely just on looking up the results.

Thai has a pretty big forehand, lately has been serving very well and in general is a well rounded player. He does have to become less of a headcase than he is now but even in that department he has made some progress in the last 6 months. I remember reading an article around last year s Orange Bowl and by his own admittance, Thai talked about the mental aspect of his game.

I know you like Papa but being a brainless ballbasher is more a description of his game. Papa certainly needs to learn to actually play tennis (something that Rubin is very good at). One-dimensional player with a very low tennis IQ, however, an unreal athlete and very strong. Needs a lot of work on the backhand side as well as serve, both first and second. I won t even comment on volleys, they are pathetic. Still, a lot of upside there, since once he does learn how to construct points, develops a little tennis IQ and manages his temper on the court, he will be a player.

Corinteli is the farthest thing from a ball basher, all around player with a very good net game (good at dubs, soft hands for a big guy), has a big first serve and a pretty nasty second serve kick but certainly needs to learn how to manage all the goods. Double faults often, goes for too much on the second.I have seen him play very good, at times brilliant tennis and at times, horrible, pathetic, including bad shot selection and decision making. Needs work on the forehand side. Overall, also has a lot of upside because of the size and strength.

Rubin does everything well, just about as well as he will ever. So pretty much he is playing at capacity. Not a natural volleyer, therefore a poor dubs player. I don t see him having much of an upside, since he is already playing at almost 100 percent of his ability.
Thanks for description of Luca's game. And yes I already know that Spencer is a ballbasher . I've seen his meltdown against Hiltzik. I have mentioned several times before that I don't mind BBB. Probably the reason why I liked him in the first place. I don't think he is head and shoulder above everyone but I have a habit of sticking with players that I like even if they are not good. I have different reasons for liking players and sometimes they don't even have anything to do with their game (as the case with JD).

http://justdroptheball.blogspot.com/

Last edited by SapELee : 01-30-2013 at 06:53 PM.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #752
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Spencer won his first round match 63 64. Had he lost this match, it would be really worrying b/c Mirzadeh is more of a doubles player.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #753
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Spencer

big win

do you think Kozlov has a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #754
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
Spencer

big win

do you think Kozlov has a chance?
I'm not familiar with Kevin King so I don't know.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #755
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
I'm not familiar with Kevin King so I don't know.
Familiar with Kevin King, solid college player. If Kozlov was 100 percent, I d give him a slight edge but being he is coming back from an extended injury, King will prevail.
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 AM   #756
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for description of Luca's game. And yes I already know that Spencer is a ballbasher . I've seen his meltdown against Hiltzik. I have mentioned several times before that I don't mind BBB. Probably the reason why I liked him in the first place. I don't think he is head and shoulder above everyone but I have a habit of sticking with players that I like even if they are not good. I have different reasons for liking players and sometimes they don't even have anything to do with their game (as the case with JD).
I have a completely unrelated question for you and you don t have to answer it if you don t want to. Are you a female or a male? The reason I am asking is because, I ve seen Papa and Corinteli get a lot of female fans who come to watch their matches and root for these two (they are good looking kids). Since you have mentioned Papa s match with Hiltzik, I assumed that was this year at the Zoo, where both Papa and Corinteli enjoyed their share of attention from the female population there
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #757
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
I have a completely unrelated question for you and you don t have to answer it if you don t want to. Are you a female or a male? The reason I am asking is because, I ve seen Papa and Corinteli get a lot of female fans who come to watch their matches and root for these two (they are good looking kids). Since you have mentioned Papa s match with Hiltzik, I assumed that was this year at the Zoo, where both Papa and Corinteli enjoyed their share of attention from the female population there
I'm a female, though it is not the main reason why I like them. I like Papa b/c he was the first junior that I came upon that bashed the ball well. Even though I enjoy all kinds of style, I prefer aggressive baseliners (main reason why James Blake is my favorite American). I liked Papa before I even saw him (caught his match on the radio). As for JD, I just fell in love with his personality (enjoyed his orange bowl 12s videos). I also like Thai a lot b/c of his personality and also b/c he is a local kid. A lot of time, I favor players that I that saw vs players that I have never seen play. I also tend to show more support for the younger juniors than the older ones. But for the most part, I support them all.

Last edited by SapELee : 02-01-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #758
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Escobedo def. Song in straights, first quarterfinal for Ernie and this is only his 2nd maindraw, very efficient

Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #759
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Spencer won his 2nd round match, but don't know the score. Tough loss for Alex, 67 67 to the no. 1 seed.

Edit: Spencer won 63 64, will play Peralta. Good luck.

Last edited by SapELee : 01-31-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #760
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
Spencer won his 2nd round match, but don't know the score. Tough loss for Alex, 67 67 to the no. 1 seed.

Edit: Spencer won 63 64, will play Peralta. Good luck.
Very good result for Papa. Unfortunately has to play Peralta, who is old but good on clay. I think that is where the tournament ends for Spencer. Great result nevertheless.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #761
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Escobedo is into the semifinal with a straight-set victory will play Antoine Benneteau. Good luck.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #762
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Peralta is a sort of legend

he´s 19-0 in futures matches since 2008 with no sets dropped

should be straight sets for him

Quote:
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #763
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

2 and 0

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #764
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah, that is pitiful. Oh well, still a good week for Spencer. Let's go Ernest!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #765
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lost 62 16 26 great week nevertheless. Back to hibernation, probably won't hear from him again until ISC/Easter Bowl since he rarely strays from California. Aside from the Mexican futures, I think the Junior Davis Cup and Kalamazoo were his other non-Cali events last year. I guess tennis is an expensive sport after all Hopefully his ranking will be high enough for him to compete at the Californian futures this summer.