1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #556
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I'm going to try to watch Kwiatkowski play this evening at the Charlottesville Challenger if I get a chance. As well as see Christian Harrison play UVA's top college ranked player, which is hopefully in the afternoon.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #557
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Doesn't the USTA have a say in half of the wildcards? Maybe his wildcard is from the USTA and NC is right there next to Virginia. And plus his game is tailored for indoor. Or maybe UVA is trying to entice him. I just realized that Charlottesville is only 4 hours from me. If I knew that Christian and Thai would be playing in the Qualies sooner, I could have made the trip.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #558
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

There's still time! Hopefully next time you'll be able to come.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #559
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

I will probably miss Christian's match by the time I get there and plus the weather doesn't look too good from my end. I guess you won't get the rain until later.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #560
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
Where did you hear this from? I know a whole tennis message board that would like to know about this.
Lets just say that this information is pretty solid, comes from a very reliable source. I may not be very good with following twitter and fb, like our friend Saplee, but i get first or second hand personal take on things from a few sources.

I think Aragone and Thai are a lock almost, Corinteli is almost a sure thing but had another visit to a Texas school. of course, there are many things to consider still, like finances and etc but these kids are on uva s "high priority" list.
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #561
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
There's still time! Hopefully next time you'll be able to come.
You are a lucky bunch! Three or four hours away from cville! I d love to see some of these matches! Styslinger, Shanes Richmond, Thai, Harrison, Jenkins. Good matches. Then Kudla, Sock and etc.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #562
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Doesn't the USTA have a say in half of the wildcards? Maybe his wildcard is from the USTA and NC is right there next to Virginia. And plus his game is tailored for indoor. Or maybe UVA is trying to entice him. I just realized that Charlottesville is only 4 hours from me. If I knew that Christian and Thai would be playing in the Qualies sooner, I could have made the trip.
USTA would not grant Thai a wild card these days. There must be a reason why Thai no longer trains in Boca and I doubt that USTA would help him out after his departure from Boca. Just the opposite. However, UVA has 5 or 6 WC to give into the qualies and they gave all of them to their own kids and Thai. Logic would have me guess that Thai must be either going to UVA or be highly recruited. The vicinity of Charlotte to Charlotesville can hardly be the grounds for getting the WC.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #563
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It seems like all the best kids from the east coast has UVA high on their list.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #564
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

zumbazumba, can you describe Tommy Paul's game? JD's former coach said that he was a crafty kid during his match with JD (Orange Bowl 12's). But that was like 4 years ago so his game may have changed.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #565
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
zumbazumba, can you describe Tommy Paul's game? JD's former coach said that he was a crafty kid during his match with JD (Orange Bowl 12's). But that was like 4 years ago so his game may have changed.
i ve seen Paul play a few times, not in the last 6 months though, and i would not describe his game as crafty. Kozlov is crafty, Paul is a steady baseliner,with sufficient power for a medium built kid that is still growing. Does everything well no major weapons, pretty average serve (will get better with time), second serve is a liability for now. Again, I have not seen him in the last 6 months where he seemed to make significant progress, once he switched over to L' Academie de Tennis.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #566
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Thanks.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #567
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
It seems like all the best kids from the east coast has UVA high on their list.
UVA is a top tennis program in the country. The have been ranked anywhere from number 1 to 3, except one year (7) in the last 12 years. he amount of players that came out that program and hit highs in college tennis or even made it further, ATP/Challenger/Futures level is second to none. USC is prpbably the only school in recent history that can compete with them as far as results and the roster of players, but not this upcoming year though.

Styslinger won his match btw, Ryan Shane and Uriquen lost their matches. Not great results from the youngsters: Thai, Shane,Uriguen went down. Jenkins went down easily to Harrison. Justin Shane losing and Richmond lost the forst set and down a break.

Last edited by zumbazumba : 10-27-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #568
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

JD has a tough 1st rounder against Mateo Nicolas Martinez. Good luck.

Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/3380/mds.pdf

Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #569
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
JD has a tough 1st rounder against Mateo Nicolas Martinez. Good luck.

Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2012/3380/mds.pdf
I would have liked to see him get a different opponent. He will have a very hard time with Martinez. Knows him from juniors, will have more pressure playing his own age group and plus now he s expected to win this match. I don t have a good vibe on this one. Plus, Martinez is a grinder like no other, plays like Monaco, competes very well. Advantage Martinez , unfortunately.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 PM   #570
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah, I think he will have a tough time with Martinez as well.