1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #331
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I also didn't expect them to get the No.1 seed. Kinda misleading since they qualified on a hardcourt.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #332
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

I'm not expecting a whole lot TBH but I am particularly curious to see how Noah will do. He did play very well at the French this year.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #333
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Irvine Final Qualifying Round
KRUEGER, Mitchell [2] d. ORE, Junior Alexander 7-6(8) 6-2
NDIMANDE, Mbonisi d. HALEBIAN, Alexios [3] 6-4 1-6 6-1
SMITH, Xavier d. BOYCE, Charles [7] 3-6 6-1 6-1
FARREN, Connor [8] d. PAPA, Spencer 6-3 1-6 6-3

Maindraw: http://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/singles_draw202.PDF

BOGDANOVIC, A [1] v. BAUGHMAN, Deiton (WC)
KRUEGER, Mitchell (Q) v. MKRTCHIAN, Dennis (LL)
MCDONALD, Mackenzie (WC) v. CARLETON, Reid [4]
FARREN, Connor (Q) v. BRITTON, Devin [3]
DIGIULIO, joseph (WC) v. KRAJICEK, Austin [2]

Wonderful, our juniors got the No.1, No. 2, No.3, and No.4 seed . Poor Deiton . I predict a loss for Mackenzie and Connor as well. Austin has not played a lot and did not have great results as of late, Joe might have a chance of getting a win. Good luck to everybody.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #334
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
http://itfjuniors.tournamentsoftware...EEA77C&draw=10

USA's group for Junior Davis Cup. Didn't really expect to get the number one seed (although I guess it makes sense), but that should help them make it to the main draw play offs. It'll still be tough though as Japan, Russia, and Brazil all have great players. There won't be one or two easy matches as there are in the other groups.
So they will start off with Brazil tomorrow. Good luck boys.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #335
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

In the first match against brazil, Kozlov won his match 6-7 6-0 6-2 and Noah won his 6-2 6-3.
Noah and Jared are playing doubles.
edit: they lost doubles 2-6 7-6 1-6

Last edited by PTWahoo14 : 09-25-2012 at 04:08 PM.
PTWahoo14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #336
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What did I said about wanting Stefan to play doubles. Noah and Jared are a disaster in doubles. Let's hope they win all the singles b/c they won't be winning many doubles matches.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #337
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Reverse Commute of American Jared Donaldson

Quote:

BARCELONA, SPAIN: It’s become customary in tennis for many youngsters from around the world to move to the USA and train at one of many tennis academies, particularly those in Florida where the weather is warm and conducive to year-round outdoor play.

What is far from fashionable is for an American junior to go abroad to train and develop their game. That, however, is just the approach that Jared Donaldson is taking to improve his chances for a future in the pros.

The 15-year-old hails from Rhode Island -- a state not really known for developing champion tennis players, although the elegant International Tennis Hall of Fame is headquartered in the Atlantic Coastal resort town of Newport. Donaldson, from Chepachet, a small town on the Connecticut border, realized that cold weather and indoor tennis was not going to enhance his tennis chances, so he now primarily lives in Buenos Aires.

Donaldson is one of three players on the top-seeded USA team at the Junior Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Finals being played this week at the Real Club de Polo de Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain.

Making his first appearance on an official USTA junior team -- he did play the qualifying for the Junior Davis Cup Finals -- Donaldson was a watcher rather a player on the opening day of action. But he clearly is a quality cheerleader as he urged Kozlov on from the stands with the hopes that he’ll play later on in the week.

Donaldon’s parents -- mom, Rebecca, a former social worker and dad, Courtney, formerly an owner of a construction company -- initially were thinking Florida. But a coach he worked with in Rhode Island -- Nestor Barnabe -- came from Argentina and urged the Donaldson’s to make a bigger -- and better -- move to South America.

One essential reason for the lefty’s choice of Buenos Aires was the constant availability of clay courts.

“That was actually a big part of the decision,” said Donaldson, as he watched teammate Stefan Kozlov play Brazil’s Marcelo Zormann Da Silva in the first match on Tuesday. “When I was younger my movement was lacking and I needed to learn strategy and patience and clay is good for that.”

Last year, Donaldson spent eight months in Buenos Aires and this year he will end up being there for seven months. One of Donaldson’s parents usually accompanies him to Buenos Aires with the other parent staying home with his 14-year-old sister, Tye, who is an equestrian and “hates tennis” according to her brother. If his parents can’t always be in Argentina he moves in with his coach, Pablo Bianci, and his family.

“I’d say Buenos Aires is home now,” Donaldson said. “I really liked it there and it manifested itself as the best place for me to be.”
I had a feeling that Jared was well off; this confirmed it. He is very lucky not have to depend on the USTA. Like Roddick said, "Talent is universal, but opportunity is not", he should be thankful. I don't blame his sister for hating tennis since it is the reason their family is apart.

Btw, the article is written by Sandra Harwitt for the ITF website, but you can get more coverage of the event at her blog: "TenniShorts.com" (one of my favorite tennis blogs to visit).

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #338
country flag PTWahoo14

PTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond reputePTWahoo14 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm calling it right now. There will be a Donaldson vs Wiersholm 2015 Kalamazoo final.

Anyways, that was a nice read. And Ms Harwitt has a nice blog, i'll be sure to visit it from now on. I suspect that we'll see Donaldson play singles against Japan and Kozlov doubles and then the lineup for Russia will depend on that result. Or maybe it's less of a suspicion and more of an "i hope" situation.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #339
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWahoo14 View Post
I'm calling it right now. There will be a Donaldson vs Wiersholm 2015 Kalamazoo final.
Probably won't happen. Expect the unexpected; just look at this year's final.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #340
country flag PTWahoo14

Just wait and see
Old 09-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #341
country flag PTWahoo14

Kozlov won 7-6 6-3
Rubin won 4-6 7-6 6-2
Kozlov/Donaldson won 3-6 6-1 6-2
USA def Japan 3-0

Since kozlov played twice today it could be that Donaldson will play singles next time and Kozlov will only play doubles.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #342
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Doubt it. Tomorrow's tie will decide who advances to the semi, the coaches will probably go with the No.1 and No.2 single players. Great job by Noah on saving two match points.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #343
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Great to see Connor get the win over Devin in 3 sets @ Irvine Futures. He has had a rough year with the wrist injury, missing many months of junior action (his itf ranking has plummeted). Mitch also advances, 63 60.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #344
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Tim Curry ‏@USTA_TimCurry

GO USA! @Taylor_Townsen @Noahrubin33 @gabbyfaith96 representing U.S. @ Jr. @daviscup & Jr. @fedcup this week in spain pic.twitter.com/vdAR6wv0

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #345
country flag PTWahoo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Doubt it. Tomorrow's tie will decide who advances to the semi, the coaches will probably go with the No.1 and No.2 single players. Great job by Noah on saving two match points.
Yeah, you're probably right. Fortunately, Kozlov has been winning more easily than either of russia's number 2s in singles.