1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #211
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

He also couldn't serve out the first set. 0 for 2 serving out sets...
And 5 MPs, ugh...in 3 different games, no less.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #212
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHB View Post
So many missed opportunities. He had a match point with Peliwo serving at 2-5, then another match point serving at 5-3, then another two match points with Peliwo serving at 5-6. He also had a break point that he failed to convert in the first game of the third set. I imagine he won't sleep well tonight.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #213
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

^I hope you were fortunate enough to not scoreboard watch for this one. After he got broken serving for the match I couldn't take it anymore
Old 07-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #214
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
^I hope you were fortunate enough to not scoreboard watch for this one. After he got broken serving for the match I couldn't take it anymore
No, but I'm glad I didn't .

Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #215
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hopefully, he can learn from this and I'm sure he will. It is never easy serving for a spot in a slam final. Hope he is not too depressed .

Old 07-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #216
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

BTW with his success on the junior circuit, Krueger will likely be the favorite to win kalamazoo and a chance for the USO wildcard (unless Christian Harrison decides to play). Can't wait .

Last edited by SapELee : 07-07-2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #217
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I can't believe they didn't stream the match (thus no replay ). I still have not watched Krueger play, sigh. The only things I know about his game are 1) he has a big serve and 2) he likes to attack the net.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #218
country flag Smoke944

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
BTW with his sucess on the junior circuit, Krueger will likely be the favorite to the win kalamazoo and a chance for the USO wildcard (unless Christian Harrison decides to play). Can't wait .
I live close so I've been there before. It's pretty fun and it should be even more so the next few years with all these good players coming up. IMO the talent and depth of the current juniors is at a far higher level than it was at any point in the last decade.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #219
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
I live close so I've been there before. It's pretty fun and it should be even more so the next few years with all these good players coming up. IMO the talent and depth of the current juniors is at a far higher level than it was at any point in the last decade.
I'm jealous, I live so far away from all the big junior events.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #220
country flag Smoke944

I also hope that Mitchell can win Kalamazoo. Not so much for the WC because he's not anywhere near that level at the moment, but more for gaining momentum to take into USO juniors. It did Jack a world of good two years ago.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #221
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Bouchard and Svitolina Play for Wimbledon Girls Championship Saturday; Peliwo Saves Five Match Points to Beat Krueger and Advance to Third Straight Junior Slam Final Against Defending Champion Saville on Sunday

Quote:
Peliwo started without much rhythm and couldn't rely on his serve, falling behind a break early in both the first and second sets. The atmosphere was nearly forlorn, with just a few dozen spectators on Court 16, while the entire country's attention was turned to Centre Court and Andy Murray's attempt to reach his first Wimbledon final.

In the first set, Krueger was up 5-2, lost the lead, held for 6-5 and broke for the first set, although it took him five set points to do so.

The second set played out with an eerie similarity, but this time Peliwo was facing match points, not set points. Serving at 2-5, Peliwo saved the first match point with a good first serve, and the second with a stellar backhand winner down the line. Serving at 5-3, Krueger only got one first serve in, but he had another match point at 40-30. Peliwo won the long rally by forcing a short ball and putting away the overhead, then won the next two points when Krueger made errors on the forehand side.

After he and Krueger held, Peliwo was back in the same place he was in the first set, this time serving to stay in the match. Down 15-40 after three errors, Peliwo again came up with the right shot at the right time. He hit an ace to make it 30-40, then put a forehand on the baseline to force an error, although after the match he had difficulty recalling exactly which match point was which.

"One that I remember is I hit a backhand right on the baseline," said Peliwo, who recalled a Futures win when he had saved even more match points. "He thought it was going out, I thought it was out, and he ended up missing it, I think."

"I don't know exactly what I did, but I said, okay, the match is probably over, but just play the point," Peliwo said of his mindset on the match points. "I doubt I'm going to be saving this match point after I saved those match points, so just play the point, do whatever you can and hopefully he doesn't hit a winner or you make a stupid error, and I ended up hitting winners instead."

Krueger couldn't find much to regret in his choice of shots during those critical moments.

"I can't really remember all the match points, but from what I can remember, it wasn't me who made an error," Krueger said. "I was in the position I wanted to be in and I didn't win the last point. I suppose I could have tried a bigger serve or a bigger shot, but I can't second-guess myself. I put myself where I wanted to be, I got as close as you can get."

Peliwo thinks he will approach his third straight junior slam final a little differently because of how he got there this time.

"I'm not saying I should have lost today, but I could have easily done so," Peliwo said. "So I'm happy to be in the final. I'm not completely satisfied with it, because I want to win obviously, but what I didn't do in the French Open was go for my shots, play loose. I was playing tight, so I think I'll just go out and enjoy the moment, not really think about the result."

Krueger is hoping to learn from his loss, as he prepares for the USTA Nationals and a shot at a US Open wild card in Kalamazoo next month. One lesson he would like to master is closing out an opponent when he has the chance.

"This is three times in four tournaments that I've lost on this trip having match points," said Krueger with a sigh. "I lost in Milan to Quinzi when I had match points, and against Julien Cagnina last week I had match points. It's too many. But all the matches I'm losing are against good players, and all close. I can't complain. I'm playing well."

Old 07-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #222
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Krueger is hoping to learn from his loss, as he prepares for the USTA Nationals and a shot at a US Open wild card in Kalamazoo next month. One lesson he would like to master is closing out an opponent when he has the chance.

"This is three times in four tournaments that I've lost on this trip having match points," said Krueger with a sigh. "I lost in Milan to Quinzi when I had match points, and against Julien Cagnina last week I had match points. It's too many. But all the matches I'm losing are against good players, and all close. I can't complain. I'm playing well."
What's that saying, "sometimes you have to lose in every possible way before you learn how to win". Let's hope he can break this habit before National.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #223
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
BinghamtonChallenger‏@BingChallenger

Mitchell Krueger, top American junior, is 2nd WC selection. SF in French and Wimbledon juniors.
Good luck Mitch .

Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #224
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
∫ All credit to Filip Peliwo, for breaking through in his third junior slam final, and to Luke Saville, for putting the pressure on himself as defending champion, but I was also impressed by Mitchell Krueger's performance all week. He came through an exceedingly tough first round match, won tiebreaker after tiebreaker to advance to the semifinals, and five times came within one point of reaching his first junior slam singles final against Peliwo. A more crushing defeat is difficult to imagine, but he handled the aftermath with insight and maturity. He also played the best tennis I've ever seen from him, and for me, that's a seven-year span.
http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29

Maybe hanging out with Tipsarevic finally paid off .

Old 07-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #225
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Papa is in the Binghampton Challenger Qualies with a wildcard. Don't think he will qualify, but good luck.

Fritz Wolmarans RSA [1] vs. Krasimir Kolev USA [WC]
Spencer Papa USA [WC] vs. Evan King USA [5]