Dubai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 26, 2012) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
country flag Luinir

Luinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond reputeLuinir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 20, 2012)

Marsel asked for a WC.
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #17
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Davydenko is injured; will he pull out ?
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #18
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves. View Post
I don't want to be rude, but aren't most Muslim women not allowed to play sports/have a job.

Take your country Egypt, I have been in 8 different 5 star hotels, and I have seen ONE female Arabic employee in all of those hotels. That tells you something...
What? Who told your Muslim women are not allowed to play sports or have a job? In my club only there are at least 50 playing and in the Egyptian rank we have about 400 female players or else why do they then host Arab tournaments with 8 event 4 for males and 4 for females. What about the Arab team in Fed Cup, in African tournaments?
Regarding that example I don't know what hotels you stayed in, but I can assume only that either you didn't notice these Arab females or because that females that have a good study won't want to work in a hotel (Egyptian way of thinking) or that females that don't have good certificates etc aren't accepted in the hotels you visited because they have high international standards for example.
Anyway I think we're talking in two different issues. I meant see the wta tournament, which gave the WC to Peer over Jabeur and by that I meant that not always a few Arab players receive a WC. I think you mean why were there so few good female players and the reason is the same as for male player we don't have facilities and coaches here + the players (even girls) focus more on studying than on sport, which tells why for example the two players in Dubai are not currently abroad, but check for example the WTA future in Egypt in Dubai's same week and you'll find some

I think I've gone very off topic, but I just wanted to clarify a point

Back on topic: GL Malek
Old 02-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbal View Post
Tursunov OUT and SE cleared. Stebe and Mannarino IN. Kukushkin OUT of ALTS. Next in Beck.
Beck just tweeted that he's in.

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #20
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Malek didn't receive a WC. On his FB page they wrote he did.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
country flag Yves.
Hrvatska!

Yves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond reputeYves. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
What? Who told your Muslim women are not allowed to play sports or have a job? In my club only there are at least 50 playing and in the Egyptian rank we have about 400 female players or else why do they then host Arab tournaments with 8 event 4 for males and 4 for females. What about the Arab team in Fed Cup, in African tournaments?
Regarding that example I don't know what hotels you stayed in, but I can assume only that either you didn't notice these Arab females or because that females that have a good study won't want to work in a hotel (Egyptian way of thinking) or that females that don't have good certificates etc aren't accepted in the hotels you visited because they have high international standards for example.
Anyway I think we're talking in two different issues. I meant see the wta tournament, which gave the WC to Peer over Jabeur and by that I meant that not always a few Arab players receive a WC. I think you mean why were there so few good female players and the reason is the same as for male player we don't have facilities and coaches here + the players (even girls) focus more on studying than on sport, which tells why for example the two players in Dubai are not currently abroad, but check for example the WTA future in Egypt in Dubai's same week and you'll find some

I think I've gone very off topic, but I just wanted to clarify a point

Thanks for clarifying that. But I'm still convinced that only the elite (read: the more richer) families allow girls to have a job on their own. And in Saudi Arabia of course women have no rights at all.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
country flag VamosEspaña

VamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond reputeVamosEspaña has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 24, 2012)

WC to Bubka, Marko Djokovic and someone
VamosEspaña is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 24, 2012)

Marko Djokovic got a WC?

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #24
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 25, 2012)

Thats just pathethic...
He will lose 1 and 2 at his best play against every other player

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #25
country flag Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond reputeKeyser Soze has a reputation beyond repute

Is Bubka of arab descent? It's the second year in a row he gets Main Draw WC's at Doha and Dubai...
Copil || Wawrinka || Ungur || Horia Tecău || Crivoi || Gulbis || Ciorcilă || Dolgopolov || Gombos || Hănescu || Fognini || Carreno-Busta || Dustin Brown || Olivetti || Andreozzi || Clezar || Gojowczyk || Kovalik || Duckworth || Tommy Haas || Arnaboldi || Sam Groth || Dodig || Semrajc || Dan Evans || Berankis || Bozoljac || Trevisan || Couacaud || Blaz Rola || Rosol

DISLIKE LIST: Nadal || Tomic || J.Sousa || Ferrer || Riba || Jimmy Wang || Brands || Granollers || Berdych || Robredo || Stakhovsky || Laaksonen || Veic || Bagnis || Stepanek || Janowicz || Lopez-Perez || Marchenko || Olivo || Fucsovics || Ignatik
Keyser Soze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #26
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Is Bubka of arab descent? It's the second year in a row he gets Main Draw WC's at Doha and Dubai...
I'm assuming his father has connections there.

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote