Luis Horna's Power Room!!!! - Page 79 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:43 AM   #1171
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luis Horna's Power Room!!!!

Dude No Yoni? Que interesante.
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #1172
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Luchoman just won!! Defeated Levy 7-5 5-7 7-6 6-3
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #1173
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Awe.
Some.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #1174
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Miranda said he is ready for the doubles after recovering from hepatitis.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:01 AM   #1175
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #1176
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-20-2008, 04:17 AM   #1177
country flag thiaela

thiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond repute

Well done and 2morrow go for it
Old 09-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #1178
country flag Snoo Foo

Israel takes 2-1 lead over Peru in Davis Cup
Horna had been scheduled to play in the doubles with Peru's other singles player, Ivan Miranda, but captain Jaime Yzaga decided to rest the pair for the reverse singles on Sunday.
Ooof. Well... I hope this works out...
Old 09-22-2008, 04:10 AM   #1179
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Lucho started off very well, but couldn't take the 2nd set, then he ran out of legs in the last two sets.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchre...rticleid=14729

Sela's victory ensures Israel's status

Israel's Dudi Sela defeated Luis Horna of Peru in an epic four-set battle on Sunday to see the hosts through to the 2009 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group.

The tense match which lasted just over three hours, produced some top quality tennis, with Horna's forehand producing many outstanding winners in the first part of the match before Sela clawed his way back from losing the first set to win 67(6) 64 61 62.

Peru take a chance

Peru’s captain Jaime Yzaga decided to rest both his leading players, Horna and Ivan Miranda, in Saturday's doubles in the hope that they would recover sufficiently from Friday's opening singles to win the tie on the final day but Israel had other plans.

While he was still fresh, Horna was clearly the better player on Sunday. He hit some amazing winners on his forehand side from way behind the baseline, not allowing Sela any chance to forge a lead in the tense baseline battle. It was a completely different match from Friday’s clash with Harel Levy, which Horna won in a scrappy performance. Against Sela he pulled out all the stops with some quality baseline strokes off both sides.

In the first set, the players traded breaks before it went to a tiebreak after an hour's play where Sela held two set points. But Horna forced the errors from Sela's racket and came back to win the set 8-6 in the hot sunshine. Sela's spirit appeared to take a blow as he went a break down early in the second set and he slammed his racket to the ground, breaking it. Horna was still looking way better than his 106 world ranking and the supportive home crowd began to think that the tie might have to be decided in the final rubber. But as the set progressed, Horna tired and began to miss shots, while Sela kept the points long, running the Peruvian off his feet.

Sela takes control

Sela levelled the set with a break for 4-4 and another to level the match, and from there Horna's error count began to rise and Sela wrestled control. "I feel very good, it was a really tough match but we made it finally and we are back in the World Group," said an ecstatic Sela. "Horna was playing very well, his forehand was really big, it was really tough to read and to get back, but I think he tired through the second set and that is what helped me a lot."

Horna added that while he started the match well, it was not enough; he said that he felt a little shaky towards the end and much was to do with the opening singles on Friday where he beat Levy in a very long match played in intense heat. "I had a chance to go two sets up but I couldn't get my rhythm back and I lost confidence in a couple of shots which were key for me and after that it was very difficult," Horna said.

He added that while his form at the start of Sunday's match was excellent, it was not enough. "You have to finish the match at that level too," he said.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-22-2008, 04:16 AM   #1180
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #1181
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here is the interview with Lucho after he lost the match and he made a very good point.

They said he was playing Top 30 tennis again, which is good and all, but he couldn't finish like this. He is very disappointed with the singles this year, understandably, in spite of the doubles success.

He will be playing in the Copa Petrobras Challenger series. Next week, he will be in Brazil after spending some time at home.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/media..._10069_mp3.MP3

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 AM   #1182
country flag Snoo Foo

Luuuuchooooooo

Ah well... at least he'll get some r&r with the family.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #1183
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pics and the interview

Sad to see Lucho so disappointed, but he (and the team) did what he could.
They are a great team and they get along well, but it is a fact that Lucho carries the team and it is very difficult when so much depends on 1 player.
It will be good for him now to spend some time with his family and relax.
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #1184
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Lucho has withdrawn from Aracaju.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 09-27-2008, 02:01 AM   #1185
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Original article below.

http://www.diariolaprimeraperu.com/o...Dnoticia=24244

After the match with Israel in Davis Cup, didn’t finish well. Luis Horna spoke. It was said he wouldn’t renounce the Peruvian team. Today, the speech is explained in a calm manner. Though he has the desire to continue, but he isn’t sure that he is going to remain with the team.

“I said if the team has the same working conditions were maintained and there aren’t problems to continue, but today there is nothing clear on the matter. There are many things that should improve, but the federation does nothing”, Horna said harshly.

“I want that Jaime Yzaga remains as captain. In 2004 we all made a promise. That we were going to do everything to get Peru to the World Group and give Davis Cup priority. Now, if Jaime wants to finish for personal reasons I believe that Túpac Venero has to take the role of captain”, indicates Horna

I had about two or three years more and it gave me much shame that we were playing in the lower divisions. When we were classified into the world group I thought all of this would change. But it’s not like that. The federation doesn’t have its own court. When I retire I will always tied to tennis in all ways.

Horna expects the preparation of matches so they can make it back to the World Group.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1