Luis Horna's Power Room!!!! - Page 77 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:31 AM   #1141
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luis Horna's Power Room!!!!

Translation of a very recent Lucho interview.

The country's top player, Luis Horna, was in Lima when he received the news about the new king of world tennis, Rafael Nadal, who replaces Roger Federer at the top. He played two memorable matches with the Spaniard and has beaten the Swiss. During a break in his training session at the Promotor Centre of the Las Terrazas Club, Lucho (83 ATP) analysed the changes in the circuit and confirmed he will play doubles with Pablo Cuevas at the US Open, which starts on 25 August.

Did you expect Nadal to be number 1 this year?
Yes, it was no surprise to me. Nor is it that unusual because he's been closing the gap in terms of results. Rafa will be in that position for a long time. He and Federer are fighting for the top ATP ranking now, and that's normal. It's like that in all competitive sports.

Do you think he will finish the year in that position?
I can't analyse that accurately because I don't know how many points have been taken off, but I know it's a big gap. I don't know if it's that Federer has gone down a lot or Nadal has gone up a lot. There has been a big gap between those two and the rest of the circuit; what's been closing is the gap between the two of them.

Was Wimbledon a hard blow for Federer?
Yes, possibly. And the Roland Garros final too - where Nadal beat the Swiss - made a lot of difference. It was basically not a match. Nadal was far superior. And to lose at Wimbledon three weeks later was definitely a very hard blow.

You won the Roland Garros doubles and the singles title in Lugano. Where are you in your career at the moment?
Relaxed. I needed a break. The last few months were very tough. I wasn't able to enjoy the few days I had in Lima after Roland Garros very much. Out of the last ten weeks, I've only stayed at home for four days and I needed to be at home for a bit, with my family. An important part of the season is coming up, with the tournaments in Washington, New Haven, the US Open and then Davis Cup.

Will you be in top form for the US Open?
Yes, this three week break has been perfect to recharge the batteries. I'm really looking forward to it.

Will you play doubles with Pablo Cuevas?
Yes. We're going to play together to try and secure a place at the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

Is it true that, if you've won a Grand Slam, you've already qualified?
That's right. For us to stay up there, no other pair (who haven't already won a GS) must win the US Open, be in the top eight or be better placed than us.

What do you think of Miranda's recovery?
He's in the last stage of his illness. We've been quite worried, but I'm sure he'll be ok for the Davis Cup.

Can you see yourself with any other partner?
No. 'Chino' will be there. We still have a month. I think it'll be touch and go for the US Open, but he will be ok to go to Israel (19 to 21 September).

Have you been following your rivals?
The singles players aren't doing too well at the moment. Neither Dudi Sela nor Harel Levy have done anything major at any tournament. Their doubles pair of Erlich and Ram are always up there. In any case, the tie is going to be very tough.

"It must keep growing"
Horna leads the Peruvian 'armada' on the ATP circuit which now has more representatives than ever before in its history: 12. "It's important, Peruvian tennis is going through good times at the moment and it must keep growing. The guys have to find a way of travelling more. Even if they've won points in the Futures tournaments in Peru, it's different to travelling away and starting to live closer to the circuit. Initiatives such as the Tennis at the Schools of the Terrazas Club also help tennis to grow", he says.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2008, 01:54 PM   #1142
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview

Too bad he only had 4 days with his family because I now this is very important to him.
What is wrong with Miranda? I checked his thread but there is nothing there.
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #1143
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting that excellent video of Lucho and also that interview . I really hope that he can make it to Shanghai with Cuevas. Hopefully they'll be a massacre of seeded players at the US Open.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #1144
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Lucho is in action at Washington next week, and he has been drawn to face Young in the 1st round.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #1145
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Lucho is feeling good after having a rest at home.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1146
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

He plays D. Young in Washington 1Round.
Vamos Luchoman!!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #1147
country flag LeChuck

Unfortunately Young thrashed Lucho 6-3 6-1.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:00 AM   #1148
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Lucho got thrashed, well he has New Have, the US Open and most importantly DC to focus on.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #1149
country flag martine2
yawn

Too bad
Old 08-16-2008, 07:28 AM   #1150
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Here is the draw for New Haven.

(1) Verdasco vs BYE
Sela vs (WC) Young
Minar vs Mahut
BYE vs (15) Schwank

(12) Calleri vs BYE
Horna vs (WC) Ginepri
Zverev vs Serra
BYE vs (5) Monaco

(3) Del Potro vs BYE
Guccione vs Garcia-Lopez
Darcis vs Q
BYE vs (13) Granollers

(9) Gicquel vs BYE
Montanes vs Devilder
Q vs Grosjean
BYE vs (8) Fish

(6) Cilic vs BYE
Troicki vs SE/Q
Belluci vs Clement
BYE vs (11) Melzer

(16) Hanescu vs BYE
Grememayr vs Daniel
Rochus vs Korolev
BYE vs (4) Andreev

(7) Seppi vs BYE
Vanek vs Starace
Fognini vs Lapentti
BYE vs (10) Bolelli

(14) Acasuso vs BYE
SE/Q vs SE/Q
(WC) Isner vs Kunitsyn
BYE vs (2) Karlovic

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #1151
country flag martine2
yawn

Nice field! And let's hope another Lucho-Gordo match They seem to attract each other in the draws
Old 08-21-2008, 08:47 PM   #1152
country flag LeChuck

Lucho has been drawn to face Kohlschreiber in the 1st round of the US Open. The Kohliflower won their 2 previous matches in straight sets, both 1st round clashes at Auckland in 2004 and 2007.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #1153
country flag LeChuck

The dream team lost their QF at New Haven to Melo/Sa 6-4 6-1.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #1154
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Horna hates playing in New York, he is already out in the singles and is playing doubles with Cuevas, hope they make the end of year champs.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 AM   #1155
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Goddammit Lucho, I don't know what to say, I can't remember what time I got to this match... after the horrifying shock upset of Cuevas and the sad end of Pico, I thought Lucho might save the day but ... I thought at least I could get some pix of him in action but he wasn't even in action, just standing around while Kohlschreiber blasted winners and aces right past him... this day has sucked. Sorry if this post is not in the appropriate spirit of the thread, or whatever. Vamos doubles and all that shit.

(And this was Kohlschreiber...
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote