Luis Horna's Power Room!!!! - Page 66 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #976
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luis Horna's Power Room!!!!

Good luck Luchoman!!
martine2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #977
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
Lucho has registered back to back maindraw victories at an AMS event for the first time since Cincy 2005. What a legend .
He will face Thunder Lips in the 3rd round.
Too bad for Chucho. He is still the epitomy of cool
Too bad this form came 2 weeks too late, he will get in directly to Wimbledon, got to love the irony of it.

Interesting match with Stepanek for sure, he has to remain focused and not let Thunder Lip's antics and sexiness put him off. He should try and break down his forehand, that's the side that will fuck up.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:16 AM   #978
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

huge chance here

take it Lucho
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #979
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Lucho lost 6-4 1-6 6-3. This was a tough loss as it was a big opportunity to make the QFs, but he failed to take his chances, whereas Stepanek only had 2 break points and took them both.

Lucho played one bad game from 30-0 up and lost serve in the 3rd set and couldn't make enough returns.

Stepanek took a timeout at the end of the 2nd set for an alleged ankle problem, but he was moving well enough, in other words it was to break the momentum.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #980
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad, but still he can be proud of his performance in Rome
Old 05-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #981
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Hamburg qualies

(1)Granollers vs Azzaro
Silva vs (8)Vliegen

(2)Benneteau vs (WC)Waske
Mirnyi vs (11)Pashanski

(3)O.Rochus vs Mertl
Cerovic vs (14)Martin

(4)I.Minar vs J.Minar
Vagnozzi vs (12)Horna

(5)Hanescu vs Istomin
Sanchez De Luna vs (12)Cuevas

(6/WC)Safin vs Reister
(WC)Seifer vs (8)Korolev

(7)Melzer vs (WC)Brunken
Naso vs (13)Cipolla

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #982
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

INTERNAZIONALI BNL D'ITALIA (MEN)

May 8, 2008

Luis Horna

ROME, ITALY

R. STEPANEK/L. Horna
6-4, 1-6, 6-3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. He was able to get to the net a lot in this match. Unusual for clay. Were you surprised about that?

LUIS HORNA: No. That's the way he plays. I knew he was going to serve and volley a lot and try to play aggressive all the time.
There are still a few players playing that way on clay or hard or grass or whatever. That's the way he plays and we all know that, and I was ready to have that kind of match.

Q. People say that the clay of Rome is much faster than other tournaments. Do you feel like that helped him to serve and get to the net and keep you back?

LUIS HORNA: He's been in the finals or semis in Hamburg and it's the slowest clay court in the tour. I think he's a very fit player and he knows how to play and he can play in any surfaces.
From Rome, the ball bounce high, flies very fast. It's a good place to play tennis.

Q. Who's the favorite for the tournament this year?

LUIS HORNA: Well, let me see, Federer, I mean, he's...

Q. After Nadal lose?

LUIS HORNA: Federer has been the second-best player on clay for the last couple of years, so you have to consider him as a favorite, with or without Nadal.

I like the way Ferrero is playing. Since the beginning of the year he's been playing great tennis.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #983
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Lucho beat Vagnozzi in a tough match 2-6 6-4 7-6(4) and will play Ivo Minar for a place in the final.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #984
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Lucho qualified for the MD beating Ivo Minar 6-4 2-6 6-3, good stuff, hope he gets an easy match.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-11-2008, 12:26 PM   #985
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to Lucho. He failed to come through qualifying at Hamburg last year, and I'm very pleased that he made no mistake this time.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #986
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK is Innocent View Post
Lucho qualified for the MD beating Ivo Minar 6-4 2-6 6-3, good stuff, hope he gets an easy match.
Great!!! Go Lucho :yaeh:
Old 05-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #987
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Lucho has been drawn to face Potato Starch in the 1st round. They have never played each other before.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:16 PM   #988
country flag thiaela

thiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond reputethiaela has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Lucho
Old 05-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #989
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Lucho retired 6-3 4-2 down against Starace. He injured his calf, when going up for a smash at 3-3, first point of his service game.

Hope it's just a strain, he has played a lot of matches in a short space of time, hope he gets in direct at RG.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #990
country flag martine2
yawn

Lucho... hope he recovers soon