Borna Coric - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #346
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Borna Coric

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
Quinzi has a title, and also has 2 semi's in slams. I do agree with you that Coric is very talented, but I also think Kyrgios is a step above, he's already won a Challenger. Put Coric in the other half of the draw, and he may make the final, grass seems like his surface.
That'ds why I said his generation. Kyrgios is 1 and half year older while Quinzi is one year older. And nobody of them won Futures title at the age of 16.
And about that Challenger Kyrgios won: the best ranked player he beated was 192 all other are "much" under. Classic australian poor field. Kyrgios was near to his 18 birthday at the time. Last year he didn't have that good result that Borna has and he was older half year.
I can see Borna winning Challeneger in that field near to his 18 birthday. I mean with no any pressure, but I can see that. He should be something special when he won pro title with 16.
Don't count this juniors results and if he loose somewhere, that's just juniors, top prospects don't pay full attention to that tournaments.
One important thing in tennis is confidence. I can see Borna and Donna Vekic have that, that is very important. I don't have any expectations, we will see...
I think Ana Konjuh can become number one if she stays healthy. When you see how old is she and what she achieved you know she is something special, big deal, but you never know what she will turn in pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
Don't see how i have ridicule Coric as you wrote, no one is saying he's not talented or that he can't make a breakthrough here. I was just amazed how great of a chance some people here give him to beat Kyrgios who is a level higher even to these other top guys. You might be right about Milojevic but at the end it was just my opinion.

And i know about all those wins you mentioned PP, i just rate these guys i mentioned a little higher, those wins are against players who are IMO on his level. I don't even know what to say to the statement that the top guys don't have motivation to wina junior Wimbledon and that they would rather play some futures, that's beyond my comprehension of this sport. And by the way Zverev is not older than Borna.
I really don't get how have i become a bad guy here, i'm rooting for this guy from the bottom of my heart (my fav. Croatian men's player and 2nd only to Konjuh if we're talking tennis as a whole) and i'm pretty sure he'll become at least a top50, but winning Wimbly this year is just something i can't even imagine (Kyrgios ar Zverev IMO, don't know in what state is Kokkinakis after the injury)
I already said to you: you are to negative.
Why do you think Borna can't beat Kyrgios? Top prospects can do anything. Afterall, Borna plays his best tennis at Slams, he pick up his level for big things.
From players you mentioned and it was some 6-7 guys all of them are atleast half year older except Zverev and now you are talking just about Zverev and ho he younger than him. I don't want to speak with such a person.
You are just: misery pain in the ass. Sorry, but you need quit with that as negative as possible thinking.

PS I noticed you at Ana's forum and couldn't really believe what you are writing there. It was same misery and negative vibes like here. If they are your most beloved players I can't really imagine how you speak about others. Ok, I like to be real but not to negative. Why do you write "will he/he will not", we will see, they are just a kids. And that's it, they are just a kids, no expectations, no nothing.

Last edited by petar_pan : 07-02-2013 at 12:19 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #347
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
I already said to you: you are to negative.
Why do you think Borna can't beat Kyrgios? Top prospects can do anything. Afterall, Borna plays his best tennis at Slams, he pick up his level for big things.
From players you mentioned and it was some 6-7 guys all of them are atleast half year older except Zverev and now you are talking just about Zverev and ho he younger than him. I don't want to speak with such a person.
You are just: misery pain in the ass. Sorry, but you need quit with that as negative as possible thinking.

PS I noticed you at Ana's forum and couldn't really believe what you are writing there. It was same misery and negative vibes like here. If they are your most beloved players I can't really imagine how you speak about others. Ok, I like to be real but not to negative. Why do you write "will he/he will not", we will see, they are just a kids. And that's it, they are just a kids, no expectations, no nothing.
I was not talking only about Zverev, you stated in your post that all of the players i mentioned were older than Borna and i simply wrote that Zverev is younger, the rest of your statement was correct so there was no need to mention anyone else.

I never said a bad word about Ana, how could i when i have a highest opinion on every aspect of her game. Writing that there's no way she can win French Open (because she was barely barely standing ) and that i don't give her big chance to win Wimbly (because of the elbow injury and the lack of 1st serve 'caused by it) seems pretty realistic to me. But i guess you're right, i'll try to be more optimistic.

WIN/LOSS = 4/5 in 2014; 773/771 overall from 04.11.2009
Total Staked this year = 41 Units
Total Returned this year = 43.46 Units
Total Profit This year = +2.46 Units; Yield = + 6%
Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
it would be a miracle to win 2 days in a row:

Last edited by Bleeth : 07-02-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #348
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was not talking only about Zverev, you stated in your post that all of the players i mentioned were older than Borna and i simply wrote that Zverev is younger, the rest of your statement was correct so there was no need to mention anyone else.

I never said a bad word about Ana, how could i when i have a highest opinion on every aspect of her game. Writing that there's no way she can win French Open (because she was barely barely standing ) and that i don't give her big chance to win Wimbly (because of the elbow injury and the lack of 1st serve 'caused by it) seems pretty realistic to me. But i guess you're right, i'll try to be more optimistic.
That's the spirit, boy, that's the spirit.
Sorry I harsh you. That wasn't my goal.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #349
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Borna CORIC (CRO) [8] d. Quentin HALYS (FRA) 6-4 7-6(3)

Into the Third round

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #350
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Kyrgios just lost 2:6, 2:6 to Chung (could be bagel in the second). "Famous unbeatable" Kyrgios.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #351
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Borna won 6:4, 7:5. Funny scoreline haha. He just want to win 7 games in a set
Could be 6:4 the second one. He had match-point at 40:30 on serve but lost that game. Than Baldi had 30:0 but lost 4 points in a row on his own serve. Baldi had 15:30 in last game, too (maybe some break points or deuce, too, I don't know).

He will face Chung now who he beat at AO in straights (it wasn't easy cause Chung is great). If he win (he should cause he is better) he will play Djere or Marterer (just beat Garin).
From the bottom half pairs are Quinzi vs Milojevic and Edmund vs Kozlov (1:6, 6:4, 4:0 over Zverev).

Last edited by petar_pan : 07-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #352
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kyrgios just lost 2:6, 2:6 to Chung (could be bagel in the second). "Famous unbeatable" Kyrgios.
And Borna won! Idemo dalje!!!!
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #353
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Great Win Borna Shock Nick Lost mostly by the Score line, Borna Should be the Fave to make the Finals I would think on his half. ANyone Know how good Chung is ?

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #354
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see him in QF, hope he goes further!

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #355
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond reputeBleeth has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a decent chance to reach the final. Edmund in the final would be a dream come true ('cause there would be a live stream than for sure). Chung's score does sound intimidating but Borna did beat him already and i'm sure he can do it again (not gonna be easy but i'll take Chung over Kyrgios any day )

WIN/LOSS = 4/5 in 2014; 773/771 overall from 04.11.2009
Total Staked this year = 41 Units
Total Returned this year = 43.46 Units
Total Profit This year = +2.46 Units; Yield = + 6%
Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
it would be a miracle to win 2 days in a row:
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #356
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Chung is a good player. It will be a battle.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #357
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here's a decent chance to reach the final. Edmund in the final would be a dream come true ('cause there would be a live stream than for sure). Chung's score does sound intimidating but Borna did beat him already and i'm sure he can do it again (not gonna be easy but i'll take Chung over Kyrgios any day )
Wimbledon is good with livestreams for junior matches compared to the other slams. The finals are always streamed, even doubles many years. And last year there were some other matches streamed from earlier rounds.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #358
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bulldog, you are the Man!

What do you think about Borna's ground-strokes, his base-line game, is he quick, is he offensive or deffensive type of player? Does he like to mix his game?
I will answer you here, as this seems the more appropriate place to do so.

Aside from his very strong serving, Borna's ground-strokes impressed me a lot. Forehand more so than backhand. One cannot accuse him of being defensive, he certainly likes to hit the ball hard, but I however would say there's a lack of variety in there. Indeed, that's no cause for concern as he has such easy power as it is, so no need to develop other ways to win points, at least not just yet.

He seems to be a good athlete, very quick around the court. Halys was playing a lot of slice shots, so Borna's footwork was really tested a lot. He dealt with it very nicely though.

I am told that Halys is a very good player, so from that performance I would say Borna has a great chance to win this title. I had the opportunity to watch a lot of his rivals play as well, so if you want to ask me any questions about them, just do so.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #359
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot Bulldog!!! I can't wait to see Borna play at US Open.
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #360
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace20 View Post
Great Win Borna Shock Nick Lost mostly by the Score line, Borna Should be the Fave to make the Finals I would think on his half. ANyone Know how good Chung is ?
Chung was also won a future title, just like Coric. Both very similar pro careers, Coric has had a better Junior career. Coric should have the advantage on grass in my opinion.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote