Tennis Tipping Management -A guide on how to manage a TT event - with screencaps - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tennis Tipping Management -A guide on how to manage a TT event - with screencaps

Tennis Tipping Managing

I have produced a complete idiot guide on how to manage a Tennis Tipping event, a complete step by step guide on all procedures from start to finish with screen-caps, with the idea that it would assist anyone who decides that they want to have a try out at hosting as I did. I wrote this whilst doing my first ever event in November 2011.

Older versions downloadable at :-

http://www2.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTippingHosting.docx (Word 2007 Document)
http://www2.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTippingHosting.doc (Word 97-2003 Document)

Updated Version which also includes Tennis Tipping Rules

http://www2.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTi...withRules.docx (Word 2007 Document)
http://www2.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTi...ithTTRules.doc (Word 97-2003 Document)

The Current Version which also includes Tennis Tipping Rules and How to Use The Web Version of the Entry List and Draw Maker Programme

http://www2.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTi...bDrawMaker.doc (Word 97-2003 Document)

(Right click to download)

I have also uploaded it here :-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eau2b7...wMaker_(3).doc

How to sign up as a manager

Every Tennis Tipping player is allowed to do managing. New managers usually start with challenger tournaments but there is no rule on it. If you want to manage a tournament, make sure that you have enough time every day to do the updates and post the differences. You just have to ask for a free tournament in the TT Managers thread and the thread owner (Marto) will confirm your managing by adding your name on the front page - or in case of any absence one of the other Board Members.

If anybody has any questions on any aspects of managing or wants to try out but is unsure on anything – the Board Members are :-

keqtqiadv
Boarder35m (Mahqz has currently joined the Board as a temporary back up until Boarder35m returns)
Marto
AdeyC
ibreak4coffee

any one of us will be happy to answer any questions you may have

Other Managing Tools

OOP Maker (Thanks to valac222 of TF for this)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m4t6t...20/drawm1.xlsx

Picks Spelling Checker (thanks to bry17may for this)

This won't change the spelling mistakes but it will show you where the mistakes are.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4dhclrcqw22t7mz

Here's an old Management sheet - so you can see what a used sheet looks like :-

http://www.webng.com/adeyc/Ostrava1R.xls

Last edited by AdeyC : 07-15-2013 at 07:44 PM.
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
country flag Nixer

Nixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond reputeNixer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Complete Idiot guide to Tennis Tipping Management

That's for me I'll try to manage a tournament some time, I guess
Nixer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #3
country flag cswab22

cswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond reputecswab22 has a reputation beyond repute

cswab22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Great work, Adrian!!!

Just 2 suggestions:

- Save the document as 97-2003 Word document, so all who have previous versions of Word can open it too without having to download the Microsoft File Format Conversor.
- Zip the file so it takes less time to download it.

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Great work, Adrian!!!

Just 2 suggestions:

- Save the document as 97-2003 Word document, so all who have previous versions of Word can open it too without having to download the Microsoft File Format Conversor.
- Zip the file so it takes less time to download it.

I have just finished doing a second version after the suggestion from Gav that I incorporate the TT rules in it as well so that it's all then in the one document.
I can save it as a 97-2003 Document.
Oh that's a good idea, why didn't I think of that one - I'll zip these files.
I'll get these done tomorrow as I'm off out shortly.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
country flag erickmartins
Not exactly average.

erickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond reputeerickmartins has a reputation beyond repute

Great job, AdeyC! It will be very useful when I finally find some time to manage a tournament

Titles: Astana 2 CH '11, Challenger Tour Finals '11, Kuala Lumpur '12 (w/Dudisela75), Bressuire Futures '13 (w/Marita)

Finals: Fürth CH '11, Orleans CH '11, Petange CH '12, TT Euro '12 (w/Vilnietč)

SF: Australian Open '12, Memphis '12
erickmartins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
country flag amateurfederer

amateurfederer is on a distinguished road

Great job with the thread. All links are working just fine and its a great guide to tennis tipping management. I like it when people share such information on forums. It makes you feel as if the time spent on this platform is worth it. Thanks
amateurfederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've done an Updated version which now includes how to use Sergio's Web Version of the Entry List and Draw Maker Program

http://www.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTip...bDrawMaker.doc (Word 97-2003 Document)
Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
country flag sfar

sfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond reputesfar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
I've done an Updated version which now includes how to use Sergio's Web Version of the Entry List and Draw Maker Program

http://www.webng.com/adeyc/TennisTip...bDrawMaker.doc (Word 97-2003 Document)
Amazing job, Adey. I'm even thinking about trying myself...

Tennis Tipping
Best rankings:
Singles: 132 (18/06/2012)
Doubles: 88 (06/08/2012)
sfar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfar View Post
Amazing job, Adey. I'm even thinking about trying myself...
Wow - go for it

All i need now is for someone to write a guide on how to actually win at playing the game and learn from that
Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Update :-

I have done an update to this and have added in the fact that a Challengers points distribution isn't automatically the same as the previous years and that this should be checked whilst setting thread up.

Also, since I first wrote this guide, there were a few minor questions that I had - since then I have found out the answers so have also updated this guide to take account of that.

The older versions probably aren't needed on here but I'll leave them up anyway.

Plus I have slightly changed the first posting so anybody wanting to give it a go knows the procedure.

Have also added advice re:keeping lists for checking back to try to ensure that players aren't missed in error.

Last edited by AdeyC : 09-17-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Tennis Tipping Management -A guide on how to manage a TT event - with screencaps

Update :

Following the problems that we had with the qualifying event of the Australian Open this year - I had a player send me an excel sheet he had designed in assisting managers to find errors in picks sent :-

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4dhclrcqw22t7mz

This won't change the spelling mistakes but it will show you what are the mistakes.

In the column B are the picks of the TT player, in the Column E there is a formula, this is an example of the secound round first day of qualys, for the new days you only have to change the both names in the formula and copy the picks of TT player in the column B.

A huge thanks to bry17may for creating this - this may also help new and other managers in the future.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Re: Tennis Tipping Management -A guide on how to manage a TT event - with screencaps

At the moment there seems to be a problem with the file hosting site I use - I have also uploaded it here :-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/eau2b7...wMaker_(3).doc
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Update : including details of the OOP maker here on first post.

Laszlo (valac222 over in TF) has created a small Excel sheet which he uses to create an OOP for TT events, having had a look at it it could save a little time for Managers here too doing their OOP's.

He's OK'd it for me to post it here in MTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valac222 View Post
A small Excel accessory, which helps me a lot to create TT OOP:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m4t6t...20/drawm1.xlsx

(Self explanatory. Clear content of ColumnC and ColumnA if you use it for a new tourney)
(Copy ColumnG into OOP, ColumnP into your sheet)
Adding links on first post

Last edited by AdeyC : 05-21-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #15
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Minor update to front page :-

A new manager asked for an old spreadsheet so he see how it actually works - I have added a link to an old spreadsheet to the front page.