Do you think either sex has it easier than the other? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which sex has it "easier"?

Men definately have it easier! 10 37.04%
Women have it easier! 7 25.93%
I really think its about the same. 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #76
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think either sex has it easier than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
Women get periods.

But a lot of people get bad back pain, which doesnt dissapear after 5 days. People live in wheelchairs. Some are disabled.

Of course, some women have these things ontop of periods too.

Then again, some contraceptive shots can kill periods for some women. Being a skinny runner and you might get minimal period

Then again, some males have sexual disfunction. That stuff is rough and doesnt just happen 5 days a month

Some guys have to worry about penis size eeeek. Sure, some women might feel pressure about their bodies, breast size etc, but nothing surely can compare to how much is made (by ourselves and females) of sexual performance.
My PMS symptoms last 2 weeks. My actual period lasts 3 days. The PMS symptoms are way worse than the actual period - apart from the obvious mood swings, I get extremely bloated and look pregnant (guess how sexy that makes me feel), my digestion system fucks up, my sex drive disappears, and my boobs are sore as hell to such an extent that it hurts to wear a sports bra. This happens until menopause, during which I'd be so unsexy and dry as a desert that the concept of having a sex life would be completely gone.

Of course, I was just being facetious when I suggested that PMS and periods were the worst thing that could happen to a person. That said, guys tend to think that the period problem lasts only a few days a month. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Your point about penis size/sexual performance is quite spot-on though. Well, maybe not penis size so much as sexual performance. Maybe if guys weren't so prone to bragging...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post

You're right about powerful women having more difficulty finding a partner, but that's not because these women are looking for a man with a higher status, it's because most men feel very intimidated by powerful women.
I agree with this completely. This could just be because the men from my country are generally idiotic, but whenever a guy finds out my legal background, the response is 9 out of 10 a combination of awe, envy, and intimidation. I would actually be more impressed if the guy didn't care about my job/university degree (case in point: my boyfriend). My single lawyer friends are constantly complaining that guys lose interest the minute they find out they are lawyers - somehow they can't handle the idea of an opinionated woman who probably won't be his doormat. Most of my lawyer friends are with lawyers as well; I'm really thankful, though, that I'm not dating a lawyer. Couldn't think of anything more boring, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun
In terms of relationships, men have it far easier IMO as they tend to get less attached and their biological clock runs a lot slower. At 30, most single women start to get desperate. Of course, this is a general vision as there are a bunch of exceptions on both sides.
Moreover, men suffer far less pressure from society to get married, to build a family, etc. - On the other hand, they do suffer more pressure to succeed professionaly.
Agree generally. I would also add that men - or at least, this is true for where I come from - face the pressure of being the financial provider for the family. I know guys who gave up their road-less-taken dreams in favour of a stable job which isn't necessarily in line with their passions/interests, for the sake of a hypothetical future family with his significant other. This is probably less prevalent nowadays because women earn quite a bit too, but I definitely don't feel as if the onus is on ME to stay in my stable job just to save money to buy a house or whatever.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #77
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
congrats on being able to post to an internet forum all the way back from the 1950s. I had no idea time travel had been invented and is working so well.

What planet are you living on? Every woman I know -- married or single -- has a job.

Moreover, this a one of the riskiest life plans a woman can have. You open yourself up to mistreatment and abuse from your partner, since you can't leave because you need someone to take care of you financially. Also, the extremely wealthy tend to marry within their own class. And the moderately wealthy are vulnerable. We've seen what the economic crisis and downsizing has done to even executive-level jobs. If a woman doesn't have the skills to earn her own money and be independent, that is a very sad and scary existence these days.

She has the option. Whether or not she chooses to exercise it, its a different matter.

And also the risk of abuse is not so real. She can actually move on to some other guy. I had seen a close friend of mine doing that. And trust me a month or so would be difficult to deal with for the Girl but after that it doesn't really matter for her and guy cant do much to her.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #78
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
My PMS symptoms last 2 weeks. My actual period lasts 3 days. The PMS symptoms are way worse than the actual period - apart from the obvious mood swings, I get extremely bloated and look pregnant (guess how sexy that makes me feel), my digestion system fucks up, my sex drive disappears, and my boobs are sore as hell to such an extent that it hurts to wear a sports bra. This happens until menopause, during which I'd be so unsexy and dry as a desert that the concept of having a sex life would be completely gone.

Of course, I was just being facetious when I suggested that PMS and periods were the worst thing that could happen to a person. That said, guys tend to think that the period problem lasts only a few days a month. That couldn't be further from the truth.
Don't want to go into too personal details but one can use birth control pills for many months and skip periods, only have them like a few times a year... A lot of women do it.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #79
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Don't want to go into too personal details but one can use birth control pills for many months and skip periods, only have them like a few times a year... A lot of women do it.
that's unhealthy - messes with your natural hormone levels. every quick fix comes with paying for it later. I could see doing it to delay your period over the time of your honeymoon or a nice beach vacation, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #80
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that's unhealthy - messes with your natural hormone levels. every quick fix comes with paying for it later. I could see doing it to delay your period over the time of your honeymoon or a nice beach vacation, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
That's very used in Finland. Some companies even make pills that are designed for it... Not that I have any personal experience since I'm a guy.

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #81
country flag azure

azure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond repute

I hear men still get paid higher, but I'm not positive. Men are also under less pressure to keep a good figure. Plus no period/pregnancy in life. But women have it easier in terms of relationships. Also as men are likely to agree to sex at any time, women essentially "control" that for lack of a better term. Plus there tends to be more pressure on the male during sex.

So overall I would say it's around equal. Women even get paid the same prize money in tennis. Which I still think is absurd. Recently (in the AO at least), they made women play some late night matches to make it a little more justified. But men still play 5 set matches. And while I'm not positive, I'm fairly sure men's matches generate more interest, therefore more ticket sales/television viewings.

Gasquet, Simon, Ferrer, Hewitt, Wawrinka, Kyrgios
azure is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #82
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My PMS symptoms last 2 weeks. My actual period lasts 3 days. The PMS symptoms are way worse than the actual period - apart from the obvious mood swings, I get extremely bloated and look pregnant (guess how sexy that makes me feel), my digestion system fucks up, my sex drive disappears, and my boobs are sore as hell to such an extent that it hurts to wear a sports bra.
Quote:
guys tend to think that the period problem lasts only a few days a month. That couldn't be further from the truth.
not all girls have their PMS this bad, you are unlucky in having the more extreme presentation of it, there are treatments for it though and it will make it a lot better

OT: here men have it a lot easier which isn't exactly a surprise
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #83
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know of any medical research that suggests any serious side effects of using pills, long term or short, there are some slight increases of risk factors here and there but certain health benefits outweigh these
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #84
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
OT: here men have it a lot easier which isn't exactly a surprise
True, but what do you think about that a lot of men in arabic countries get married with a random woman? For me this has two tremendous consequences for the development of humanity:

1. Men don't learn how to flirt with and seduce women. This leads to bad communication skills and even worse turns men into pussies because they never learn how to hunt and deal with the opposite sex.
2. They marry a woman who they very likely don't love and not even match with.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #85
country flag clandis

clandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond reputeclandis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
I don't know of any medical research that suggests any serious side effects of using pills, long term or short, there are some slight increases of risk factors here and there but certain health benefits outweigh these
I did it for years. No problems.
clandis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #86
country flag habibko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
True, but what do you think about that a lot of men in arabic countries get married with a random woman?
Arabic countries are one thing and Saudi Arabia is another. Traditions, customs and degrees of social freedom differ a lot between one Arab country and the other, even among minorities within the same society

plus it isn't exactly "random", the process of arranged marriages here is that the female relatives of a dude arrange a private meeting between him and the potential bride, if they initially liked each other they get "engaged" or what we call Milka (legally and religiously they are married but they don't live together or have sex until they have a marriage ceremony, this is a traditional walk around the problem of hanging out without getting married), they remain in the Milka status (repeated dating sort of period) for months until they are sure they are right for each other, a guy or a girl can have many Milkas before fnally getting married, so it isn't exactly "random", but yes overall it isn't the ideal way to get married

yet even here not everyone gets married this way any longer, many guys date girls from the work place or those they got to know online etc before they get married, in these days this has become increasingly popular and socially accepted, times are changing

Quote:
For me this has two tremendous consequences for the development of humanity:

1. Men don't learn how to flirt with and seduce women. This leads to bad communication skills and even worse turns men into pussies because they never learn how to hunt and deal with the opposite sex.
I don't see the relation between men being pussies and their inability to score random girls, there are far bigger challenges in life to show the manliness of a man besides being a lecherous womanizer

Quote:
2. They marry a woman who they very likely don't love and not even match with.
I agree that this is more likely to happen in an arranged marriage setting, but it would really be the fault of the guy/girl themselves, they should give themselves enough time to get to know each other really well before going on with the marriage

still I agree that generally an arranged marriage is more likely to fail for that reason than other love-before-marriage based marriages, as some guys and girls are too self aware to show their best traits and hide their bad sides until they get married, and then when they resume "real life", problems arise from conflicts in interests/personality etc
Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #87
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot about this thread.

Dick size and erectile dysfunction are such hardships, poor men, how will they ever survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #88
country flag Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Forgot about this thread.

Dick size and erectile dysfunction are such hardships, poor men, how will they ever survive
While I don't like the turn to relationships and courting this thread has turned, discussing equality issues in some western countries is good. A lot of the gender equality discussion (deservedly) has focused around female issues. However, nowadays one feels that some male issues are largely ignored.

In Finland, women act that any discrepancy with genders when it's to the benefit of men is a social issue, but it doesn't go the other way. E.g. in Finland it is seen as a problem of a patriarchal society that nurses and other care professions have more women than men while men tend to be engineers more often. However, the fact that women outnumber men at universities isn't an issue, or the fact that men commit way more suicides. The double standard gets quite irritating after a while and one does not really move towards true equality by only having one agenda.

As I said in my previous post, this is only a discussion in some parts of the Western world and of course on a global scale women are worse off than men.