2012 MTF Top 10 Favourite Active Players (Federer wins for the 7th consecutive year) - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #466
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 10 Favourite Active Players (8th update in #437, JMDP/ND + DF/RN are dead eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
How? Good question. My post count has developed rather differently. It wasn't planned, just happened. I don't know what that says about me....probably nothing positive. The trick, I guess, is to ask yourself not what they are discussing, but what we are discussing, and then see what your contribution turns out to be.
For once, my post wasn't really intended as a philosophical inquiry. It was merely a humorous and self-deprecating comment in regards to my lack of posting efficiency (on this forum as well as others). But I appreciate your insights nonetheless (the differentiation between 'them' or 'us' in regards to confidence about contributing to a conversation is psychologically sound on a general level, even if it doesn't necessarily apply to me personally). It's not as if I feel unwelcome (to the contrary, the feedback I receive is usually overwhelmingly positive and encouraging), it's just that I cannot seem to muster the energy to remain active on these boards for any length of time before slipping back into to my natural habitat (of lurkerdom). At this rate, my 1000th post is due in 2017 (if this board hasn't self-destructed by then). Should be epic.

Quote:
PS! I love QI too
I'd have expected nothing less. You're a smart guy, after all (I'll get tickets to a live recording one day. We're only at J. 16 letters left). That makes a grand total of 8 Norwegians whom I know to enjoy the show. Embracing the philosophy that everything is interesting if looked at closely enough makes the world open up to and approach you in new and fascinating ways.

Every once in a while I enjoy the (more than) occasional dick joke as well. After all; "the more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Or so they say.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

Last edited by kinski76 : 10-04-2012 at 01:01 AM.
kinski76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #467
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top 10 Favourite Active Players (8th update in #437, JMDP/ND + DF/RN are dead eve

1 G. Simon
2 N. Djokovic
3 D. Ferrer
4 T. Berdych
5 P.H. Mathieu
6 P. Petzschner
7 D. Nalbandian
8 J. Chardy
9 F. Dancevic
10 N. Davydenko
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #468
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
1 G. Simon
2 N. Djokovic
3 D. Ferrer
4 T. Berdych
5 P.H. Mathieu
6 P. Petzschner
7 D. Nalbandian
8 J. Chardy
9 F. Dancevic
10 N. Davydenko
hm, I find your list to be very interesting and original. interesting/unorthodox choices
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #469
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Roger Federer
David Ferrer
Stanislas Wawrinka
Milos Raonic
Feliciano Lopez
Denis Istomin
Adrian Mannarino
Agustin Velotti
Guilherme Clezar
Tiago Fernandes

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #470
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinski76 View Post
I guess I can no longer nominate Fernando Gonzalez even though he was still active when this thread was started
You can name him in the favorite retired players thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=195011

It's always nice to see some activity in that thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinski76 View Post
I'm really only adding to my post count here, tbh. I just realized I've been a registered member for five plus years and still haven't made the 500 mark. How do some of you guys do it? If I post more than twice a day to a forum, I usually feel like I've oustayed my welcome and should retreat to my little corner of the universe.
I think it's easy to get a high posting count on MTF, especially when you visit the non tennis section.

On the other hand many people who posted regulary on the forum and had a high posting count left MTF due to different reasons which is also a part of being a member on a forum.

Sometimes you lose the interest to visit a forum or don't have the time anymore to post on there.

In the end quality matters more than quantity anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
thanks, but surely Fed is mentioned more often as a favorite than Djokovic considering the overall results, then in percentage, it's probably quite equal for Del Potro as 2nd favorite player.
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
These forums don't represent at all real Fedfans and real Nadalfans, contrary to what some think on MTF.
Most of the tennis fans I meet at a tournament don't even know MTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
1. Soderling (if he doesn't count as active my 1-10 is 2-11 instead)
Of course he still counts as active as he hasn't officially retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
3. Roddick ( he may have retired but the year isn't over)
Sue

I added all votes for Andy from this thread into the favorite retired players thread (just as I did with the ones for Gonzalez, Ljubicic and Clement who also retired this season).

Maybe you can edit your list in here and mention Andy amongst your favorite retired players instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Roger Federer
David Ferrer
Stanislas Wawrinka
Milos Raonic
Feliciano Lopez
Denis Istomin
Adrian Mannarino
Agustin Velotti
Guilherme Clezar
Tiago Fernandes
Sorry, you already voted earlier on this year
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #471
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute

#1 = Jo Wilfried Tsonga
#2 = Juan Martin Del Potro
#3 = Kei Nishikori
#4 = Roger Federer
#5 = David Ferrer

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #472
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

1- Henri Kontinen
2- John Millman
3- Attila Balazs
4- Pierre-Hugues Herbert
5- Bernard Tomic
6- Taro Daniel
7- Kei Nishikori
8- Joshua Milton
9- Jerzy Janowicz
10- Alexander Sadecky

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #473
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Sue

I added all votes for Andy from this thread into the favorite retired players thread (just as I did with the ones for Gonzalez, Ljubicic and Clement who also retired this season).

Maybe you can edit your list in here and mention Andy amongst your favorite retired players instead
Well to be honest Doris I think I like tennis more than any specific player; that list was just a compilation from the years since posting on MTF.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #474
country flag orangehat

orangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond reputeorangehat has a reputation beyond repute

Kohlschreiber
Wawrinka
Cipolla
Bedene
Ebden
Youzhny
Llodra
De Bakker

Singles: (61/10) Finals: 1-5 ATP, 3-1 Challengers
W: Rotterdam '12 F: Monte Carlo '11, Dubai '11, Nice '11, Stockholm '11, Atlanta '12
Slams:1R,3R,3R,QF

Doubles: (9/5) Finals: 3-4 ATP, 8-7 Challengers
W: US Open '12 (w/Allez-Alejo), Bercy '11 (w/ZackBusner), Winston-Salem '12 (w/Betty) F: Atlanta '12 (w/Betty), Eastbourne '11 (w/*Jean*), Stockholm '11 (w/njnetswill), Casablanca '10 (w/Gavnich77)
Slams:2R,3R,QF,W
orangehat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #475
country flag thesouth

thesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond reputethesouth has a reputation beyond repute

#1 - Murray
#2 - Ferrero
#3 - Nishikori
#4 - Djokovic
#5 - Nadal
#6 - Blake
#7 - Rosol
#8 - Goffin
#9 - Istomin
#10 - Ferrer

EDIT: If Ferrero doesn't count, add Berdych at the end after Ferrer.
thesouth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #476
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reminder of this thread, OP

Favorite 10 2012 version:

1. F. Volandri

2. J. Hajek

3. R. Ramirez Hidalgo

4. S. Bolelli

5. B. Phau

6. F. Serra

7. K. Beck

8. M. Gicquel

9. T. Gabashvili

10. S. Darcis
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #477
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
Thank you for the reminder of this thread, OP

Favorite 10 2012 version:

1. F. Volandri

2. J. Hajek

3. R. Ramirez Hidalgo

4. S. Bolelli

5. B. Phau

6. F. Serra

7. K. Beck

8. M. Gicquel

9. T. Gabashvili

10. S. Darcis
Is your list based on looks or tennis skills? Where is Lopez? . disappointed with you Filo, very disappointed.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:14 AM   #478
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute

1. Djokovic
2. Del Potro
3. Youzhny
4. Paire
5. Ferrero
6. Goffin
7. Baker
8. Gasquet
9. Klizan
10. Isner
Old 10-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #479
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Is your list based on looks or tennis skills? Where is Lopez? . disappointed with you Filo, very disappointed.
I don't consider Feli dramatically attractive

The list is based on tennis, not looks........I leave that off-the-court
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #480
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2012 MTF Top 10 Favourite Active Players (8th update in #437)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Well to be honest Doris I think I like tennis more than any specific player; that list was just a compilation from the years since posting on MTF.
I like your attitude Sue

I added your vote for Roddick to his points in the retired players thread.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote