Pete Sampras analyses the 2011 season - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pete Sampras analyses the 2011 season

2011 Tennis Season Reviewed In ATP Uncovered with comments by Pete Sampras and Agassi on the Top 4.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pete Sampras analyses the 2011 season

Sampras was quite spot on with his analysis. About Djokovic's season. Incredible really and later in the video that comment was aptly made about Murray too. that the victory against Nadal in Tokyo showed that he had talent.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Sampras was quite spot on with his analysis. About Djokovic's season. Incredible really and later in the video that comment was aptly made about Murray too. that the victory against Nadal in Tokyo showed that he had talent.
But who didn't know that already, seriously? That Murray hasn't been able to win any slam doesn't mean that he hasn't got the talent to do it. Even if he went all his career slamless he would still be one of the most talented players to play the game.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 01-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
But who didn't know that already, seriously? That Murray hasn't been able to win any slam doesn't mean that he hasn't got the talent to do it. Even if he went all his career slamless he would still be one of the most talented players to play the game.
Actually i always thought Sampras was a dull and dour personality. It was quite insightful from him to be honest.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Great video. Why is Andy Murray included in this discussion?

I think Del Potro has just as much a chance of success in 2012 as Andy, and Potro has proven that he is mentally tough enough.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not really, the technical weaknesses in his game are quite obvious. The common school of thought is that Mugray can't win a slam because he's mentally weak - that is incorrect. He can't win a slam because he's a pusher.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #7
country flag Shinoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Not really, the technical weaknesses in his game are quite obvious. The common school of thought is that Mugray can't win a slam because he's mentally weak - that is incorrect. He can't win a slam because he's a pusher.
Everybody has technical weaknesses. Nobody is perfect. Like Nadal whose game is barely watchable. Can never understand how anybody can become a Nadal fan. Murray at least has talent to watch him.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #8
country flag Nole fan

People, seriously, no one and i mean no one can succeed at the top without huge amounts of TALENT. When people say a player is talentless it makes me laugh, it's so ludicrous and so untrue. Just to break in the Top 100 of the world makes you hugely talented, and to be in the top 4 means that you're amongst the best 4 players in the whole wide world. Just think about that and tell me again they have no talent.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #9
country flag jadey

jadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond repute

Dont waste your typing skills Nole fan , some people on here just cant grasp it
jadey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #10
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually i always thought Sampras was a dull and dour personality. It was quite insightful from him to be honest.
He was very focus and competitive during his prime. Nowadays, he is very relax and playful in the championship series/senior tour. Except may be playing vs Agassi
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
People, seriously, no one and i mean no one can succeed at the top without huge amounts of TALENT. When people say a player is talentless it makes me laugh, it's so ludicrous and so untrue. Just to break in the Top 100 of the world makes you hugely talented, and to be in the top 4 means that you're amongst the best 4 players in the whole wide world. Just think about that and tell me again they have no talent.
It's all relatively. Murray is not a mug, but he's a relative mug compared to Fedalovic. Of course things can change if Murray has a transformation similar to Nole 2011.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #12
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Murray is being compared to multi slam winners when gauging talent, not to top 100 players.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #13
country flag Shinoj

Nina, Determination and physical prowess along with great coaching can break you into Top 4. Talent is no longer required in these condition. And i know you wont agree with it.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #14
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Nina, Determination and physical prowess along with great coaching can break you into Top 4. Talent is no longer required in these condition. And i know you wont agree with it.
Obviously I don't agree with that. If it was down to it, ANYONE could be in the Top 4. Anyone. No way, mate, you've got it all wrong. Don't confuse a style that bores you with lack of talent. Style is style, everyone's got a different one, but talent means skills, and to succeed in this super competitive sport that we call tennis, you need better skills than everyone else. Only a very selective few can play tennis like these guys.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
country flag Shinoj

Quote:
Obviously I don't agree with that. If it was down to it, ANYONE could be in the Top 4. Anyone. No way, mate, you've got it all wrong. Don't confuse a style that bores you with lack of talent. Style is style, everyone's got a different one, but talent means skills, and to succeed in this super competitive sport that we call tennis, you need better skills than everyone else. Only a very selective few can play tennis like these guys.

I can bet everything on it. if you have those things from an early age, anyone can do it. i repeat under THESE CONDITIONS.