Aussies - is anyone else sick of the endless Stosur and Tomic hype? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussies - is anyone else sick of the endless Stosur and Tomic hype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post

Isn't Berdych losing to a talentless Australian in an Aussie exo where good players are paid lots of money to tank to talentless home favorite hacks pretty much expected?
Oof! Burnage....
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #32
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
Never produces? Didn't she just win the last grandslam...? Otoh, Tomic hype is fine even when he has not won a grandslam yet or has even reached a GS final? I don't understand this reasoning. Double standards.

WTA may be crap but it's not like Stosur beat some unknown at the USO final, she beat Serena fucking Williams. That's an achievement and of course she's going into her next grandslam tournament with a huge amount of hype considering she just won the last one.
Look at her career. I don't care if she had one good slam, doesn't change the fact that I hate her.

But as I said her hype is valid. I just don't like her that is all.
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #33
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
I couldn't disagree more. Tomic just got destroyed in Brisbane and has done absolutely nothing of note. Stosur won the last grand slam by beating Serena Williams. If that isn't deserving of hype, I don't know what is.
hahaha what a joke, if you don't see the potential and talent that 19 year old Tomic has then you are being stubborn on purpose....

at 18/19 whatever he was, he pushed Djokovic at WImbledon last year???

there is no young player out there who i am so confident in to win slams as much as I am with Tomic.

it's common sense, look at his game. mega talent and will likely be a huge force in tennis in a few years

with Stosur it's a little too late. one grand slam is great but she is not known for being able to keep this up in the long run

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #34
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt take much to push Novak on grass
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #35
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Stosur is #6 in the world while Bernie boy is just #37. I love the kid but he needs first to beat someone from top 4 at AO this year and than bring up that fucking hype. Any hype before that just saying that australian tennis really sucks when you compare what they have been earlier.
I agree he definitely has stuff left to prove but who actually doesn't think this guy will be a top 5 player in the future? he definitely will. if I were an Australian I would hype the shit out of this guy because it's one of those rare times when you can be pretty confident that they are going to keep doing better and better, Tomic has just improved ever since arriving in Australia a few years ago with his sunglasses and funky laid back attitudee

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #36
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

I will make a prediction that actually many people here will laugh and call me a delusional fan, but I actually predict that at the end of their carrees, Tomic will have more slams than Nole. And that will indeed happen!

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #37
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
I will make a prediction that actually many people here will laugh and call me a delusional fan, but I actually predict that at the end of their carrees, Tomic will have more slams than Nole. And that will indeed happen!
that might happen...I mean Tomic will play in weak ass era where only he will be any good while Novak is playing against two GOATS.....but let's wait till the kid wins 1 OK and till Novak is done winning them
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 AM   #38
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis2tennis View Post
it's natural that they'd focus on them - Tomic's run in Wimbledon and Sam's 2011 preformance do warrant attention - Swiss TV focuses Roger/British on Andy - French on Tsonga / Monfils...etc
Exactly. It's nothing new for countries to focus much more on their own players in tournaments than players from other countries, whether it's right or not.

As for the debate as to whether Tomic and Stosur are worth attention, I would say they definitely are.
Stosur has won a slam, beating Serena Williams in the final. She's earned the spotlight. I don't think she'll win the AO, but good luck to her in her quest to do so.

Tomic, while I'm not overly keen on him, has a great game, shows a fair amount of court craft and has delivered performances which warrant excitement from anyone who follows him. He could well have a big future in the game. I'm a Hewitt fan, but I think they're right to be focusing on Tomic at the moment. It's uncertain if Hewitt can win matches on the big stage again, and here you have a kid who was hyped up for years and is now climbing the rankings fast. It's totally logical to give him the spotlight, even though it could put a fair bit of pressure on his shoulders.
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #39
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
that might happen...I mean Tomic will play in weak ass era where only he will be any good while Novak is playing against two GOATS.....but let's wait till the kid wins 1 OK and till Novak is done winning them
Yes, I also say this because of that. This present era that many people here like to call weak, actually it's one of the stronguest (if not the stronguest) of history. Tomic won't have Fedal like Nole. And I cannot see any promising player with Tomic potential. Of course I'm not saying Tomic will be better than Nole. Just that he will win more...

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #40
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic with end up with 10, this guy will be happy if he wins 1 or 2. Let's say he will win 4-5 and that is no way near to Nole.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #41
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

The nard tardism is strong with this thread.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote