Djokovic only obstacle in Federer slam success? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #31
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic only obstacle in Federer slam success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Novak's game always troubled Fed and vice versa ....a perfect mix
i love to watch both of my fav men killing each other

they always have great matches but i would like them to meet at the F not SF.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #32
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
i love to watch both of my fav men killing each other

they always have great matches but i would like them to meet at the F not SF.
you know they will fix the draw anyway ....so SF it is
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
country flag tampie

tampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a rule that Federer and Nadal cannot meet before the final. I read the ATP rulebook, but it's not in there though, maybe there is some kind of addendum to the rulebook that we don't know about? I think Murray will be happy nowadays with the rule.
New this year: Cash Money prizes (no entry fee for the game)
tampie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #34
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampie View Post
There seems to be a rule that Federer and Nadal cannot meet before the final. I read the ATP rulebook, but it's not in there though, maybe there is some kind of addendum to the rulebook that we don't know about? I think Murray will be happy nowadays with the rule.
b/c murry will win against fed in GS the best of 5? i dont think so..

but yet its so clear that the ATP dont want them to meet b/4 the F
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #35
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
you know they will fix the draw anyway ....so SF it is
sucks

Old 01-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #36
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
I don't fear Nadal, his game sucks for what I saw.
His game also sucked at R.G. last year yet it was enough to take care of an in-form Federer. Nadal may be declining but Fed has been for years and I have no confidence in his ability to defeat Nadal outdoors any more, except on genuinely fast hard courts such as Cincinnati's & perhaps the U.S. Open's (though not last year), & possibly on grass, fluctuations in form notwithstanding. Form is temporary, match-up nightmares & mental scars are permanent.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #37
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
His game also sucked at R.G. last year yet it was enough to take care of an in-form Federer. Nadal may be declining but Fed has been for years and I have no confidence in his ability to defeat Nadal outdoors any more, except on genuinely fast hard courts such as Cincinnati's & perhaps the U.S. Open's (though not last year), & possibly on grass, fluctuations in form notwithstanding. Form is temporary, match-up nightmares & mental scars are permanent.
we can say the same about nadal's match up with novak

the difference is that novak beat nadal on every surface in 2011 but nadal cant beat rog on every surface.
the H2H is 9-17 right?
what do you think the H2H would have been if nadal would have succeed to reach alot more of hard surface's between 2005-2009? can you tell me nadal would still lead the H2H against fed?

Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #38
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

as others have mentioned already there is still the problem of his nemesis nadal.
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #39
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post
as others have mentioned already there is still the problem of his nemesis nadal.
of course he does, im just saying that the surface has alot to do with who will win.
roger played v the best clay court ever - rafael nadal

Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #40
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

The obstacle is 16 GS. If Fed were at the same stage of his career like Nole he would annihilate the competition.

:P

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #41
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
we can say the same about nadal's match up with novak

the difference is that novak beat nadal on every surface in 2011 but nadal cant beat rog on every surface.
the H2H is 9-17 right?
what do you think the H2H would have been if nadal would have succeed to reach alot more of hard surface's between 2005-2009? can you tell me nadal would still lead the H2H against fed?
I agree & I'm sure Fed would have a winning H2H with Nadal if 14 of their matches had been indoors & only 4 on clay. But the question is about Federer's slam success from here, & in that context, Nadal is still a significant obstacle, particularly now Federer has declined to the point it's hard to see him beating Nadal outdoors, & bearing in mind the horrendous mental collapses Federer has had against him in recent years.