The mega spam chat thread - Rafachat Vol. 76 - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #181
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excited for another super successful AO - Rafachat Vol. 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post

Thanks Maria! I saw this in the HotPix thread. I was going to post it here too but you were faster. It's a great Nalby () photo.

Was he practicing with Rafito?
Yeah obviously, they're such great mates, even after the tragic DC final loss, just cannot stop ing
Pure beauty indeed!!!!
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #182
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anticipating another failure at the AO - Rafachat Vol. 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I also think it was a wonderful year. When you think about it, if the two morons( Andy and RogieGOAT x10000000000000000) had served their matches out now everybody would hail Rafa as the undisputed new GOAT.
Oh don't remind me, the USO Rogichoke, form the UNdisputed GOAT, well that was an UNdisputed megachoke, I'd say GOATchoke, well from Andy it's more expected.

Last edited by MariaV : 01-12-2012 at 12:25 PM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #183
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

wonderful year you people are fooling yourselfs.

Granted, Fed was lucky Joker...

Now the new wonderkind Tomic will mix everything up anyway.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #184
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
wonderful year you people are fooling yourselfs.
Hush. You're too easily influenced by MTF clowns.
Edit: or too eager to come across as one. (= hema's path to enlightenment)

I insist: it was far from his best year but it was not that bad.

If you would only follow tennis on MTF, you'd say that he didn't win any title and dropped out of each tournament without reaching any quarter final. His year was not that bad.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #185
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not fooling myself When, in his career, was Rafa in so many CONSECUTIVE important finals? And he lost only to one person. If he lost left and right I'd understand. But it was clear, starting IW until USO, that in the matches that counted, he only lost to Nole.
And I, personally, I'm even happier for his USO 2011 final than of his 2010 win, how hard to believe that might seem. He showed everybody that 2010 was not a fluke, he cant be accused for having a piss draw, he was not riding a wave of confidence like in 2010 and if you believe he wouldnt have beaten Fed in the final if the had won his SF you are delusional
At least he was THERE and fought. I was proud of him as a fan.

The only thing really unacceptable was the W final and maybe Rome

EDIT: forget about Rome, Nole had shown before that he can go blow for blow with rafa on clay so a loss was in the cards sooner of later. Rome became important when you think that it was indeed the final that ruined rafa confidence for good.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #186

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Hush. You're too easily influenced by MTF clowns.
Edit: or too eager to come across as one.

I insist: it was far from his best year but it was not that bad.
Not very bad, he won RG, as long as he wins it it's a good year for him. But wonderful
Lot of things to be concerned about if you are a fan of his. No, insurmountable obstacles, but not looking extremely good either. Same for Fed IMO.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 01-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #187
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

sorry i was editing for answer but then didnt work so i deleted

anyway i see castina adn andy already answered

also,castina didnt say wonderful..did she draw it Tom?
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #188
country flag MariaV

Quote:
I'm not fooling myself When, in his career, was Rafa in so many CONSECUTIVE important finals? And he lost only to one person. If he lost left and right I'd understand. But it was clear, starting IW until USO, that in the matches that counted, he only lost to Nole.
And I, personally, I'm even happier for his USO 2011 final than of his 2010 win, how hard to believe that might seem. He showed everybody that 2010 was not a fluke, he cant be accused for having a piss draw, he was not riding a wave of confidence like in 2010 and if you believe he wouldnt have beaten Fed in the final if the had won his SF you are delusional

EDIT: forget about Rome, Nole had shown before that he can go blow for blow with rafa on clay so a loss was in the cards sooner of later. Rome became important when you think that it was indeed the final that ruined rafa confidence for good.
Well IF only, and that's also what Rafa has said himself, IF only (but IFs don't count) had he got either the IW or Miami final, it would've been a whole different ballgame as they say. Alas Rafa was or too ill still for theses finals. And by the clay court finals then Nole was as cocky as he it gets.
Him getting the Wimbledon title was a tragedy IMO, not that my opinion really counts though.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #189
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Nole, Wimbledon champion
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #190
country flag MariaV

Btw I really suffered physically every Safin match, believe me, like I was hitting the ball ( I know ) and was maybe even more exhausted than silly him (sometimes), now with Rafa I take all calmer though, I'm all mellow, just mad for a day after his losses.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #191

Quote:
And I, personally, I'm even happier for his USO 2011 final than of his 2010 win, how hard to believe that might seem. He showed everybody that 2010 was not a fluke, he cant be accused for having a piss draw, he was not riding a wave of confidence like in 2010 and if you believe he wouldn't have beaten Fed in the final if the had won his SF you are delusional

You can not yourself know if you are fooling yourself Losing consecutively vs your main rival is clearly much worse then losing some matches here and there but showing that you can keep up with the best.
If that guy is Nole, that should rip your heart out anyway

I never seriously thought his HC slam was a fluke I'm also doubtful fed would have beat him at US, thats why I can live with the result. Nadal thought pretty well in the final, but the collapse in the 4th was a bad sign. Shows that even if its close Nole can wear him down.
Only real hope I see for Nadal is that Nole's level drops. That is a somewhat poor position the be in, if you ask me.

fact is that in 2011 a lot more holes emerged in Nadals play, its mostly downhill from here. I see him winning 1-2 Slams more though.

edit: typo 2010 instead of 2011

- Magnus Carlsen

Last edited by Commander Data : 01-12-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #192
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, I didn't use the word "wonderful", Betty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data
Lot of things to be concerned about if you are a fan of his.
Why?

When I first started following his career, many people looked at previous Spanish tennis players to predict his career. People said that he was going to burn out quickly with only real success on clay and mugging it up on other surfaces and a modest win if he's lucky (amazingly, you can still see dumb arses say that and not all of them are trolling).

Myself, once he'd won RG once, I wanted him to defend that title at least once (to counter all those so-called tennis experts who called him a transitional champ with a short-lived career at the top). Trying to be realistic (= not reaching too high), I wanted him to win at least one other slam title other than on clay. I really wanted him to win Wimbledon but I feared that the USO was out of his reach.

Gradually, as he kept on proving many of us wrong; I adapted my wish list.

When he did get what I deemed impossible; that US Open title, the 2010 season gave me, as a fan, peace and quiet. He achieved all that I wanted for him and more, so everything else is a bonus. Of course, when he enters a tournament, I still want him to win but the word "concerned" is the wrong word to describe how I view Rafa in 2012.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #193

Quote:
Nope, I didn't use the word "wonderful", Betty.
the new poster did.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 01-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #194
country flag MariaV

We're deluded fangirls Tom so no point arguing.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #195

Quote:
Why?

When I first started following his career, many people looked at previous Spanish tennis players to predict his career. People said that he was going to burn out quickly with only real success on clay and mugging it up on other surfaces and a modest win if he's lucky (amazingly, you can still see dumb arses say that and not all of them are trolling).

Myself, once he'd won RG once, I wanted him to defend that title at least once (to counter all those so-called tennis experts who called him a transitional champ with a short-lived career at the top). Trying to be realistic (= not reaching too high), I wanted him to win at least one other slam title other than on clay. I really wanted him to win Wimbledon but I feared that the USO was out of his reach.

Gradually, as he kept on proving many of us wrong; I adapted my wish list.

2010 gave me, as a fan, peace and quiet. He achieved all that I wanted him to win so everything else is a bonus. Of course, when he enters a tournament, I still want him to win but the word "concerned" is the wrong word to describe how I view Rafa in 2012.
well okay, fair enough, when Fed won his first Wimbledon it was already more then any Swiss ever dreamed of. everything else was a bonus.
But lets not fool ourselves here, we want more. I'm not buying that you are happy with last year.
More is possible and a fan hopes for the best.

- Magnus Carlsen
Closed Thread