The mega spam chat thread - Rafachat Vol. 76 - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #1531
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comedy and tragedy thread - Rafachat Vol. 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I didn't report the post because 1) I don't understand the dispute with Mike and 2) it happened when I was offline and it was over when I did get online.
Just to be clear, I was never accusing you. Like I've said, who it was doesn't matter, what does matter for Mick's sake, is that they should stop reporting posts of mine that may offend them. If they offend Mick, and he reports them, then fair enough - but others need to stay out of it, hence why I made those posts publicly, as I really don't want to have to personally PM the 40 or so people who voted for Mick in the pop con final, which IIRC - he lost, going away.
jayjay is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #1532
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute

i know u were nto talking abt me

well i could never be a mod coz choise when a fight is only for to tease is not easy, ecc ecc

really hilde?no words
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #1533
country flag jayjay

jayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond reputejayjay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Only one of them is now a favourite

Vamos

Were you booing?
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #1534
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belludal View Post
Not.

He is a nice guy

You werent asked

And in this case he WAS the a-hole, i asked the witness
Old 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #1535
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
And yes, Andreea is a minion, and also a racist, and I have just said both to her privately and she has agreed.
This Andreea often agrees in private to what she vociferously denies in public. I can also attest to that.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #1536
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Germany wants revenue taxes from all those Belgian men (or, in case they're dead by now, their widow or kids,...) who were forced to go work in nazi-Germany during WWII.
After the war, it was agreed to give those men an income for all the work they had no choice in doing. The German government now figures it's fair to tax them for it.

I had great uncles who were dragged away from their home and family to work for nazi-Germany. It's not as if they had a choice in the matter. The nerve to ask them to pay taxes for forced labor.
Sorry but this would really made me laugh if it wasnt so tragic for all involved

Jay, you, liar
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #1537
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
I wonder how Peta felt about the whole thing.
To be honest I was gutted after the match. Well as soon as the incident happened and Berdych turned away I knew it was going to happen so I wasn't applauding Berdych already when he won. It was quite amusing to hear the clapping just suddenly turn to geering. I walked out halfway through the interview yelling some obscenity at him that he of course couldn't hear but it made me feel a hell of a lot better.
Quote:
Just because Safin doesn't like him doesn't mean Almagro isn't nice. It's not like Safin showed much respect to his opponents, what with all the tantrums he threw on court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
peta witnessed it all and said Berdych was the offender. Mucho's hit was unintentional, he tried to apologise but Berdych was having none of it and in the end he refused to shake his hand and got booed off the court
Basically, Berdych lost a lot of people today. Everyone walking out of the match were disgusted.
Quote:
Almagro may not be winning beauty competitions but if he'd be a hot looking guy, he'd be forgiven for one hell of a lot more.
Almagro may not be a total sweetheart either but he wasn't at fault in that famous incident against Safin either (in Portugal IIRC) when Safin refused to shake his hand.
Again, couldn't agree more
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #1538
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You werent asked

And in this case he WAS the a-hole, i asked the witness
No Wild Cards?
Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #1539
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is Berdych an a-hole? YES or NOT?
YES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay View Post

Were you booing?
No booing, just swearing

I was part of the crowd giving Nico a massive ovation when he left the court though

Was really proud of the crowd though. The booing made my day
Old 01-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #1540
country flag acionescu

peta, the insult thrower
Old 01-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #1541
country flag jayjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Was really proud of the crowd though. The booing made my day

I was really impressed with their relentlessness. They didn't waver at any point and never looked likely to run out of boo-gas.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #1542
country flag jayjay

Peta, you can forgive Berdych now.
---------------------------------------
Tomas Berdych says he made a mistake by refusing to shake Nicolas Almagro's hand after beating the Spaniard in the fourth round of the Australian Open.

The Czech won in four sets but accused the Spaniard of deliberately hitting a ball at him while he was at the net.

Berdych was booed by the crowd during the post-match interview on the court.

But later he said: "What happened from Nico was not what should be happening in tennis. Maybe we both made a mistake, so it's even and that's it."

The incident occurred towards the end of the match when Almagro fired a short ball directly at his opponent at close range.

The seventh seed was forced to put his arm up in defence to prevent the ball hitting him in the face.

The shot was legal and the Spaniard apologised straight away.

But Berdych refused to shake hands with Almagro at the end which led to an eruption of vociferous booing from the crowd on Hisense Arena.

However, later the Czech revised his thoughts on the incident saying: "We don't have any problems together.

"Even if we see each other at other tournaments there won't be a problem. We can meet and have a practice."

But he remained frustrated with the Spaniard's choice of shot.

"Whoever has played tennis knows the court is pretty big and you always have space to put the ball in," added.

"And even if you stand just three or four metres from a guy [you don't have to] try to hit it straight at the face."

Giving his side of the argument, Almagro added: "I played to win the point and I leave with my head held high.

"The support of the public showed what happened. They were aware of what happened on the court.

"It was an important point as it was for a 0-40 but these things happen in the game of tennis."

Berdych, who beat the 10th seed 4-6 7-6 (7-5) 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-2), will play world number two Rafael Nadal in the quarter-finals after the Spaniard beat countryman Feliciano Lopez 6-4 6-4 6-2 in two hours and 25 minutes.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1543
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Well earlier he said he had no regrets about refusing. He's just saving face cos he knows he acted like a prize dick. He's lost me

I still don't believe Almagro did anything wrong either.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #1544
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe we both made a mistake, so it's even and that's it."

What mistake did Almagro make? He tried to apologise right away and it doesn't come across as an intentional shot either.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #1545
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

^ I saw the video. Almagro wasn't even looking to see where Berdych was. Just reacted instinctively to the point.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread