Week 4: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (Winner: Go Soeda) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #46
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 4: Honolulu, Hawaii, USA (Finals)

Good luck in the final Robby.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #47
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a shame for Sugita who was leading 6-2 and serving 5-6 in the 2nd set to go to the tie break but lost his serve and the set, got easily frustrated and Ginepri took advantage of that to lead 5-1 and to close that 3rd set. This is the 2nd time that something similar happened to Sugita in 2012 when he lost his chances to beat Almagro in Chennai`s QF while leading one set up and 5-4 in the tie break of the 2nd set (I don`t remember now if he had a match point on that tie break) but got easily frustrated after losing that tie break and Almagro took an early advantage of 5-1 in the 3rd (then he almost choked that set too). Wondering if anyone know of other previous similar situations faced by the Japanese player.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Final. Go Soeda bt Robbie Ginepri 6-3/7-6
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #49
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

im curious of how the season will go for go
he's one of these who have chosen the safe path of mug challengers in the areas of no good players visit and managed to hang around 120th place or so... now he's 88th... and maybe encouraged by chennai backed up with honolulu (no big names defeated here, but still...)

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #50
country flag fran70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
im curious of how the season will go for go
he's one of these who have chosen the safe path of mug challengers in the areas of no good players visit and managed to hang around 120th place or so... now he's 88th... and maybe encouraged by chennai backed up with honolulu (no big names defeated here, but still...)
Hi Nathi

Interesting point. Soeda combined a schedule of easy CH in 2011 (SF Singapur, SF Kyoto, W Pingguo, SF Busan, W Wuhai) and his only descent ATP result was in ATP250 Bangkok (QF). His tactic is clear: earn easy points in weak CH tournaments and play some weak ATP tournaments. He is not the only one that is good for CH level but not good enough to for ATP tournaments level like Berlocq, Cipolla, Sela, Rosol, Mannarino, Ricardo Mello, Berrer, Prodon, Maximo Gonzalez just to name some of them.

I think there should be two tier of CH tournaments with higher points for some CH tournaments and lesser ones for others. The only way to do that would be to have a CH schedule organized before the season starts with a schedule that would make sense (not like the present one). Two tiers of CH tournaments would force certain players like Soeda to play stronger CH and there they would fail to get easy points.