The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #121
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
That was when Nadal and Djokovic didnt peak.
So? He was 2 matches away from the calendar slam in 2009 as well.

It is depressing to have to go over the same ground over & over again. In the same period when Federer's results against Nadal & Djoker worsened - let's say 2008 onwards - his results against the rest of the field also worsened. So either everybody suddenly got better in 2008, or Federer declined against the rest of the field excluding Djokedal, who simply improved, or Federer simply declined, or Federer declined while Djokedal got better. Which hypothesis makes most sense?
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #122
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I actually think what Shinoj says makes a lot of sense.
Take off your Djokovic-coloured spectacles then.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #123
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post

It is depressing to have to go over the same ground over & over again. In the same period when Federer's results against Nadal & Djoker worsened - let's say 2008 onwards - his results against the rest of the field also worsened. So either everybody suddenly got better in 2008, or Federer declined against the rest of the field excluding Djokedal, who simply improved, or Federer simply declined, or Federer declined while Djokedal got better. Which hypothesis makes most sense?
Even you know and even i know After Nadal and Djokovic peaked they over shadowed Federer.

And why should it feel depressing, he had his moment of glory. Sitting at 16 Grand Slams. Honestly wtf you want more as a fan?
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #124
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Whats depressing is watching people trying to reason with pathetically obvious trolls
Give it up pal, I think you should be able to recognise a lost case when you see one.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #125
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Nice trolling shinoj lots of people taking the bait
Old 01-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #126
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mystique,I am in too good a mood to start a random fight on internet. So could you stop your agenda of calling me a troll. You guys have no argument against Federer having a really good 2011.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #127
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly IS the "Fedal Era"? Is it when they both win at least 1 slam a year? When they play slam finals (how many)? If it's the former than it definitely looks like the Fedal Era is on its way out.
MIMIC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #128
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I actually think what Shinoj says makes a lot of sense.
Ahahahaha, of course you do.

Anyway to answer the actual thread question, I think by 2013 the Fedal era will basically be over and they'd have to almost fluke another Slam victory. I don't think there's so much winning left in Federer, and slightly more in Nadal.

To address a couple of other things:

Wodger had a clear decline starting from 2008 due to mono probably and it coincided with a increased emergence of Nadal, and then Nadal and Fed ruled the roost jointly from rg 2008 - AO 2010 in roughly equal proportions but by this point (2009) as a tennis player Fed was certainly aging. I reckon Fed's prime was 2004 - 2009 but he was setback in 2008 due to mono, and from 2010 onward clearly demonstrated both a physical and mental decline compared to his best years, the signs of which I started seeing in a more permanent sense around US Open 2009 AO 2010 period -- Well he has an awful lot of matches under his legs so it's certainly understandable.

Also, to suggest that Nadal and Djokovic are better adapted to the current conditions is reasonable, certainly in the context of an aging Federer, but I think even if he was prime-time then he still might not be better equipped than Nadal and Djokovic to deal with the current conditions in tennis.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #129
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey Mystique,I am in too good a mood to start a random fight on internet. So could you stop your agenda of calling me a troll. You guys have no argument against Federer having a really good 2011.
You are hilarious. Here's an emoticon to express how funny I think you are:

His 2011 wasn't awful, but it wasn't "really good" compared to his previous seasons. When you have 16 slams it's hard to call a slam-less season a "really good" one.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #130
country flag Sophocles

Quote:
Even you know and even i know After Nadal and Djokovic peaked they over shadowed Federer.
I'm sorry but this doesn't answer the question. It's consistent with the proposition that Federer declined.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #131
country flag Sophocles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post

Whats depressing is watching people trying to reason with pathetically obvious trolls
Give it up pal, I think you should be able to recognise a lost case when you see one.
Yeah all right. It's just hard to face doing work when I'm back in the office after the Christmas break.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #132
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing is over, Federer is just preparing the next wave of attack.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #133
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody is in decline, clearly. Whoever of the top 3 wins the AO will be the GOAT, and whoever loses is finished. Until the next tournament.

Oh, MTF, will you ever learn?
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #134
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah all right. It's just hard to face doing work when I'm back in the office after the Christmas break.
I can relate
Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #135
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
You are hilarious. Here's an emoticon to express how funny I think you are:

His 2011 wasn't awful, but it wasn't "really good" compared to his previous seasons. When you have 16 slams it's hard to call a slam-less season a "really good" one.

The main reason that it wasnt as good as compared to his previous seasons is pretty Obvious. Djokovic emerged in 2011 and Nadal always had the better of Federer. Remove those two he would dominate in more or less the same way. And thats what happened in the end of 2011. Nadal and Djokovic both got exhausted and Federer started dominating.

Its a Big myth that federer has declined. Nadal and Djokovic have been better than Federer. Fuckin Deal with it.