The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #106
country flag tampie

tampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Well, depending of the definition of the Fedal Era. The Fedal era ended in 2008 or 2010, if you ask me (for both of these you could bring up some arguments). I'd opt for:

(2)Rafael Nadal (ESP) d. (1)Roger Federer (SUI) 6-1 6-3 6-0

After that, one can have succes, but according to me this one ended the Fedal Era.

My second guess would be (after regaining no. 1 thanks to Rafa injury) the combined losses against Soderling/Berdych in 2010 RG / Wimby.
New this year: Cash Money prizes (no entry fee for the game)
tampie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #107
country flag tampie

tampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

And as for Nadal; he's not finished yet. He's got 5 more slams at least in him. This will depend for a great deal to the consistency of Djoko and Murray and new contender over the next years. I don't see Rafa get more than 1 occasional HC slam, for RG / Wimby he'll be a contestant for the next 3-4 years. I don't think he'll be able to get any slams after his 29th birthday.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #108
country flag tjohansson

tjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond reputetjohansson has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is the number 2 in the world in my opinion based on recent form and the only player stopping him of a grand slam is Djokovic if he plays anyone else then I think he'll add another trophy to his cabinet. He's always had the wood over Murray and I think this day and age he'll slap Nadal silly because he is in much better shaoe then Rafa and form complies.

Although I wouldn't rub Nadal out of the picture yet. He is a champion player

Tier 1 Support:
Tommy HAAS, Roger FEDERER

Tier 2 Support
Nick Kyrgios, Lukas ROSOL, Tomas BERDYCH

Tier 3 Support
Radek STEPANEK, Andy MURRAY, Lleyton HEWITT, Bernard TOMIC

Tier 4 Support
Sweden & Australian Davis Cup Team & Players representing my two nations

SWEDISH BORN, AUSTRALIAN BRED <3
tjohansson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #109
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohansson View Post
Fed is the number 2 in the world in my opinion based on recent form and the only player stopping him of a grand slam is Djokovic if he plays anyone else then I think he'll add another trophy to his cabinet. He's always had the wood over Murray and I think this day and age he'll slap Nadal silly because he is in much better shaoe then Rafa and form complies.

Although I wouldn't rub Nadal out of the picture yet. He is a champion player

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #110
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
But seriously on the Topic, i do think Federer had one last Grand Slam left in him. And he may not be consistent as before but given a day he still can conjure up "that" federer. Thats why i am saying in terms of getting that peak game he is still the same.
With this, you have completely destroyed your previous argument that Fed has not declined.

But why am I even responding to a troll?
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #111
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
With this, you have completely destroyed your previous argument that Fed has not declined.

But why am I even responding to a troll?
Now as much as you like yourself to believe but there is not just one aspect to it.

Consistency on a Tour and having the peak game for certain matches. Federer would have lost the consistency but he still has the peak game which he plays at certain stages.

There were a lot of players who declined consistently on the Tour and lost their peak game as well. McEnroe,Edberg,Becker were all of those kind.

Then there was Sampras who declined somewhat on the Tour but he still had his peak game intact.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #112
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly some amusing stuff cropping up in this thread and some black and white viewpoints with Shinoj shining particularly brightly -- he's certainly headed for great things.

But what I REALLY want is... an explanation of your username please, Logical?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #113
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

As much as you want everybody to believe but Federer, in reality, has not declined much. One Grand Slam Final and one Grand Slam Semis and winning the Year End is not that much of a decline to be honest.

But it hurts badly to accept Nadal and Djokovic are just better doesnt it?

And Match Federer, what do you mumble most of the times i have no idea.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #114
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As much as you want everybody to believe but Federer, in reality, has not declined much. One Grand Slam Final and one Grand Slam Semis and winning the Year End is not that much of a decline to be honest.
Not for most players, no. But for a player who at his peak was regularly a handful of matches away from the Calendar Slam, it is a significant decline.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #115
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampie View Post
And as for Nadal; he's not finished yet. He's got 5 more slams at least in him.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #116
country flag Shinoj
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Not for most players, no. But for a player who at his peak was regularly a handful of matches away from the Calendar Slam, it is a significant decline.
That was when Nadal and Djokovic didnt peak.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #117
country flag tampie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
I didn't say they'll come out

Seriously, look at his age and you can give him 2-3 RG titles; combine that with 1-2 wimby's plus 1 HC slam and you got 5. I don't think we're finished yet with the raging bull.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #118
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Certainly some amusing stuff cropping up in this thread and some black and white viewpoints with Shinoj shining particularly brightly -- he's certainly headed for great things.

But what I REALLY want is... an explanation of your username please, Logical?
I actually think what Shinoj says makes a lot of sense.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #119
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But it hurts badly to accept Nadal and Djokovic are just better doesnt it?

And Match Federer, what do you mumble most of the times i have no idea.
I guess that explains why he hasn't won a slam since AO 2010. You sound like a MIMIC double account.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #120
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That was when Nadal and Djokovic didnt peak.
Nice trolling attempt.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote