The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #76
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
that is one of my distastes about Djokovic. it's one thing to have such a boring game style but even his personality is SO stale on the court. besides a rawr here and there, nothing! like a robot!

he's hilarious off the court and has great class but wish he would not be so robotic 'in match'. maybe too focused?

definitely will be sad when "Fedal" both are gone as the tennis field will lack some flare but maybe (unlikely??) someone will make up for that in the near future

Says the Nadal fan....his game and personality are the most boring in the history of tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Agreed. Federer & Nadal have very distinct, unique styles. Djokovic on the other hand basically has all the textbook shots and pulls them all off insanely well very much like a tennis robot. That's one reason I find it laughable to suggest that Djokovic is the better shotmaker than Nadal - Djokovic is more aggressive but rarely does he hit the unbelievable shots that Nadal does (or Federer does) i.e. ones that wow the crowd and no one else seems to have in their locker.

The excitement Fedal brought had a lot to do with people who weren't normally tennis fans being to appreciate their game and also the real contrast in styles. I am in awe of Djokovic's consistency & retrieval skills but his style of play is not unique at all...
Unlike Nadal Novak has two elite wings,elite return,much better serve...all shots ....his passing shots are better at this point,lobs,and he paints lines with every shot......drop the keyboard man go outside take a walk it's a nice day
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #77
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I myself am not a big fan of Djokovic v.2011. I used to like the more attacking Djokovic more. Glimpses of which he showed in Abu Dhabi this year.
But anyone who says that Djokovic doesnt pull off spectacular WOW shots like Nadal or Federer is just in bitter denial. He has a more technically perfect game than Nadal, and he has been consistent to the point of being irritating last year, but there is a reason he featured in some of the best matches of the year. He pulled off some of the shots of the year easily.
Some of Nadal's shots look more impressive because he is a lefty and Federer is perhaps the best pure shotmaker in tennis. But that doesnt mean Djokovic is robotic in comparison. If he is, so is Nadal on clay.

I agree Djokovic's game isnt perhaps "unique", but basically its just because he is very good off both wings - together more solid than both Nadal and Federer really, so one wing doesnt stand out as prominently as is the case with Rafa and Roger.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #78
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Federer even at 30 still has the game to beat prime novak but his mental choking is what he has to overcome in 2012. Novak relies physically more on his game than federer did and he started slowing down a few months after turning 25 going into 2007 granted he won 3 slams but he had movement wise declined.

If this decline happens to nole, it will be more pronounced and debilitating since his game will be far more affected by decline in speed, movement, reflexes which are usually visible around 25. He'll win more slams but his physical peak is at this only going downwards.
To be honest, Federer never Really Declined, it was Nadal who emerged.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #79
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Not this crap again
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #80
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
I myself am not a big fan of Djokovic v.2011. I used to like the more attacking Djokovic more. Glimpses of which he showed in Abu Dhabi this year.
But anyone who says that Djokovic doesnt pull off spectacular WOW shots like Nadal or Federer is just in bitter denial. He has a more technically perfect game than Nadal, and he has been consistent to the point of being irritating last year, but there is a reason he featured in some of the best matches of the year. He pulled off some of the shots of the year easily.
Some of Nadal's shots look more impressive because he is a lefty and Federer is perhaps the best pure shotmaker in tennis. But that doesnt mean Djokovic is robotic in comparison. If he is, so is Nadal on clay.

I agree Djokovic's game isnt perhaps "unique", but basically its just because he is very good off both wings - together more solid than both Nadal and Federer really, so one wing doesnt stand out as prominently as is the case with Rafa and Roger.
Well Djokovic was indeed attacking for most of the year. But as it is for all of the matches Djokovic is not standing alone in the court. The other Guy is also going to attack him. So he has to defend them.

I would say that in most of his matches against Nadal he was attacking and in the Federer matches Federer was just super motivated so he attacked him more. And against players like tsonga you do not attack them because most of the times they self destruct themselves so there is no point in attacking them.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #81
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
Federer even at 30 still has the game to beat prime novak but his mental choking is what he has to overcome in 2012. Novak relies physically more on his game than federer did and he started slowing down a few months after turning 25 going into 2007 granted he won 3 slams but he had movement wise declined.

If this decline happens to nole, it will be more pronounced and debilitating since his game will be far more affected by decline in speed, movement, reflexes which are usually visible around 25. He'll win more slams but his physical peak is at this only going downwards.
When Fed started to decline, he had to deal with Nadal, one of all time greats, at his peak, as well as rising Djokovic and Murray.

Who will Djokovic had to face when he starts to decline? the current rest are mostly mugs and the youngsters are pathetic.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #82
country flag Shinoj

Its a Big Myth that Federer declined.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #83
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its a Big Myth that Federer declined.
Of course. He's peaking this year to grab the golden CYGS. Heard this first from me, folks!
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #84
country flag Shinoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
Of course. He's peaking this year to grab the golden CYGS. Heard this first from me, folks!
He might have declined like 5 degree out of 100 but not much to be honest. At first Nadal came and he had a stranglehold over Federer and then Djokovic peaked.

Federer never really declined only better others have emerged.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #85
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So every human being on earth must decline, but Federer is not allowed to decline?

Sometimes I wonder if people really use what they have upstairs.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #86
country flag Shinoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
So every human being on earth must decline, but Federer is not allowed to decline?

Sometimes I wonder if people really use what they have upstairs.

i never said he is not allowed to decline
Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #87
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
that is one of my distastes about Djokovic. it's one thing to have such a boring game style but even his personality is SO stale on the court. besides a rawr here and there, nothing! like a robot!

he's hilarious off the court and has great class but wish he would not be so robotic 'in match'. maybe too focused?

definitely will be sad when "Fedal" both are gone as the tennis field will lack some flare but maybe (unlikely??) someone will make up for that in the near future
Robotic, are you kidding me? This is the guy that in a Grand Slam semi final, 2 match points is still communicating with the crowd, asking of support and smiling. Smiling when he is one match point down. Very robotic of him.

People see what they want to see.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #88
country flag Shinoj

I will ask a question If Federer had declined so much how come he beat Djokovic at RG and how he was almost in the Final at the US Open? And how he won three tournaments in a Row at the Season end?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #89
country flag Mystique

Quote:
I will ask a question If Federer had declined so much how come he beat Djokovic at RG and how he was almost in the Final at the US Open? And how he won three tournaments in a Row at the Season end?
Because that is how a guy who wins 10+ titles every season for 3-4 consecutive years declines? By winning 4 titles. A guy who used to lose 4 or 5 matches? By losing 10+ matches. A guy who used to make all slam finals? By making one slam final.

But, duh, why am I trying to make sense to you? Have it your way. Federer hasnt declined, in fact watch him peak in 2012 and sweep the slams
Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #90
country flag Shinoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Because that is how a guy who wins 10+ titles every season for 3-4 consecutive years declines? By winning 4 titles. A guy who used to lose 4 or 5 matches? By losing 10+ matches. A guy who used to make all slam finals? By making one slam final.

But, duh, why am I trying to make sense to you? Have it your way. Federer hasnt declined, in fact watch him peak in 2012 and sweep the slams
That thing happens. Nadal and Djokovic in retrospect were better adpated than him.