The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #46
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Exactly! Novak is not Federer! Look at Federer's record in 2006 - he lost only to Nadal & Murray. Djokovic lost to Tipsarevic, Nishikori, Ferrer, Murray, Federer, Del Potro. Plus you can't ignore style of play. Djokovic's is more of a strain to his body than Federer's & Djokovic does not have as good a serve as Federer - Federer could fire down a lot of aces to get on a roll - Novak wins mainly with his baseline game.

2012, 2013 may be his seasons but beyond that is unlikely. Plus Murray probably won't go awol at the HC masters like he did last year. Federer was by far the best on HCs and grass so he had 3 slams which he was the overwhelming favourite for. Novak has the Aus Open. He's favourite for US Open too but others like Murray have chances. He's not the favourite for the French or Wimbledon (or certainly won't be for an extended number of years) - far harder for him to get 10+ slams for that reason.

The Fedal era of only them winning slams is gone (but really given that Federer is over 30 this is not a big shock...) but they're still big contenders. Winning 3 sets in a best of 5 is still not easy - last year in slams Federer lost to Djokovic, Tsonga & Nadal; Nadal to Djokovic & Ferrer i.e. no one outside the top 6.

Djokovic only lost to Federer ...all other loses while valid were caused by other factors .....
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #47
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Fedal era seems to be completely over or will be by the end of this year

I can see Nina is still delusional after Nole's 2011 season culminating in the 5th slam Abu Dhabi.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #48
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

El Matador is 25.Djokovic and Murray are 24.Fedull is 30.So only Fedull is finished.
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #49
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

time for iron mike dominance

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #50
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Djokovic only lost to Federer ...all other loses while valid were caused by other factors .....
Ok - keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day when people look back at the records they will see 5 losses for Federer in 2006, 4 to an all time great and 1 to another great player (I presume Murray will win a slam and even if not his many Masters gives him some part in the history of the sport...). They'll look at who Novak lost to and say "Who was Tipsarevic? And who's this Nishikori that bagelled him?" (Unless Nishikori turns out to be a future GOAT!). Federer played at/near his best all of 2006 - Novak could only keep going till the US Open being AWOL for over 2 months of the season. I understand why and I don't blame him for getting tired but it still counts.

I'm not saying those guys beat the best Novak, clearly not - but if you have injuries or you're fatigued that doesn't show up on the record. I would put Nadal's Mayer & Dodig losses down to mental fatigue but ultimately he lost & it's on his record too... So Djokovic lost to all of those players, no matter what factors were involved.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #51
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok - keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day when people look back at the records they will see 5 losses for Federer in 2006, 4 to an all time great and 1 to another great player (I presume Murray will win a slam and even if not his many Masters gives him some part in the history of the sport...). They'll look at who Novak lost to and say "Who was Tipsarevic? And who's this Nishikori that bagelled him?" (Unless Nishikori turns out to be a future GOAT!). Federer played at/near his best all of 2006 - Novak could only keep going till the US Open being AWOL for over 2 months of the season. I understand why and I don't blame him for getting tired but it still counts.
I totally agree with u
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #52
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
El Matador is 25.Djokovic and Murray are 24.Fedull is 30.So only Fedull is finished.
Sure. Your username explains it all.
'Logical' in combination with insulting Nadal calling him 'El Matador', a reminiscence of a horrific 'sport' (in fact, pure animal cruelty), that even a vast majority of educated Spanish people disapprove on. Bull Fighting has been declared illegal in Catalonia just a few weeks ago, haven't you heard of that yet?

Good trolling job, mate!

Quote:

I'm not saying those guys beat the best Novak, clearly not - but if you have injuries or you're fatigued that doesn't show up on the record. I would put Nadal's Mayer & Dodig losses down to mental fatigue but ultimately he lost & it's on his record too... So Djokovic lost to all of those players, no matter what factors were involved.
You are being too sensible for this forum.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 AM   #53
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I had been wondering for the longest time where Mungo went. Now I know
Old 01-09-2012, 04:29 AM   #54
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Whatever these factors are, he lost. How is this any better than Federer fans saying Djokovic only beat him at AO 2008 because he had mono? And you Djokovic fans get peeved when Federer fans bring that up. He lost, plain and simple. Any loss is valid and is reflected on public record. Stop with this bullshit.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #55
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it does depend on how you define the era. If the Fedal era continues as long as either of them plays at a high level/near the top, I guess it's not over and might not be for a while. But Djokovic ended their dominance last year- so if an era is where they dominate by winning most of the major titles between them, then Fedal is already over. Djokovic won 3 slams an 5 masters, more Fedal combined. Considering Murray snatched two masters and Fedal split the remaining two masters, with Fed winning the WTF and Nadal winning the FO, it's pretty clear Fedal didn't dominate 2011.

Even if they win the majority of the major titles this year, I don't think we could call it part of the same era that was a string of consecutive years where they split the majority of the big titles between them, from 2004 to 2010.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #56
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Its over and its already one Australian Open past it.
Shinoj is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #57
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcastle View Post
Whatever these factors are, he lost. How is this any better than Federer fans saying Djokovic only beat him at AO 2008 because he had mono? And you Djokovic fans get peeved when Federer fans bring that up. He lost, plain and simple. Any loss is valid and is reflected on public record. Stop with this bullshit.
because Nole got beat by mugs and Fed reached the SF of a GS ? and that mono is a lie
Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 AM   #58
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be said that Djokovic all other losses in 2011 were unfortunate and would not have happened but for injury. Also i do think if that Match at RG went on to the 5th Set, Djokovic would have won against Federer.
Shinoj is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #59
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

THIS
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #60
country flag Saberq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
It has to be said that Djokovic all other losses in 2011 were unfortunate and would not have happened but for injury. Also i do think if that Match at RG went on to the 5th Set, Djokovic would have won against Federer.
no he probably would have lost another few matches but those loses were because of injury