Norway abducts Indian children - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norway abducts Indian children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
'fraid to say buddyholly has a point here. In the first article the kids were "a four-month-old infant and a two-and-a-half-year toddler" -- in the second article they are ages 3 and 1. Not a big difference as it relates to the case, but one always has to think 'where there's one error, there could be others.'
The original article mentions that the children were taken away in May 2011, the article abraxas posted is from yesterday, so eight months have passed, a four month old would now be a year old and the two 1/2 year old would be 3
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Now that Natalee Halliday is back in the news, I would like to add that nobody here gives a damn about two little brown kids. There are plenty of abused blonde American kids to fuss about.
We bring disgrace to our white race with that wordsWe are in 21'st century.In France snow white women pair up with coal black men.In Germany and USA white men go with black women.My brother's friend married a Indian girl but she looks white not brown with black hairSome Asians looks white and some not.I don't know.
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Norway
We bring disgrace to our white race with that wordsWe are in 21'st century.In France snow white women pair up with coal black men.In Germany and USA white men go with black women.My brother's friend married a Indian girl but she looks white not brown with black hairSome Asians looks white and some not.I don't know.
Some members will understand that I am mocking the posters who five years ago posted in droves that they sympathized with Joran van der Sloot and that if Natalee Halliday were not a rich, white, blonde American girl, nobody would give a damn about her disappearance.

I understand that you were not here then, but since the van der Sloot trial in Peru starts this week, I wanted to keep things current.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
'fraid to say buddyholly has a point here. In the first article the kids were "a four-month-old infant and a two-and-a-half-year toddler" -- in the second article they are ages 3 and 1. Not a big difference as it relates to the case, but one always has to think 'where there's one error, there could be others.'
it's not an error. the first article refers to what happened in may 2011 while the second article refers to the current situation in january 2012.

obviously the ages have changed accordingly.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Funny how people can have so strong opinions when they got barely any background at all in this case. Norwegian childcare services are no different than the swedish counterpart.

Firstly they don't act if there isn't something very wrong. In this case the parents probably had failed big time multiple times and in turned caused an investigation.

That investigation must have found even more things wrong with the family situation. Then they must act because norwegian law is probably exactly like swedish law, that is the children and their needs are put first

What the parents want is secondary. If they can't look out for their own children they can't and should not keep them. It works the same for norwegians themselves. If you can't handle your children you can't keep them and they will be put in a foster family either for their entire childhood or until there is some change in the situation.

That's how it works and the family in question has most certainly been informed multiple times exactly what they must do but still failed and failed again. Because taking the children away is like the final step in a long chain.

Can't just take a random proof like "they sleep in the same bed". That's like one thing in a report that probably lists hundreds of things. As I said no outsiders got the full story here and it's a very severe action the childcare services chose so you can rest assured they wouldn't do that unless they had a good reason
i'd find your faith in the system endearing if only it wasn't so arrogant. at the end norwegians and swedish are only human. they can get things wrong some times, you know...
Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Title made in abraxas...

Any statements from the Norwegian authorities? I'd like to hear what they have to say. Something tells me their all sleeping in the same bed is not the only reason for their actions.
It may be that the officials cannot respond. In this country, child welfare cases are confidential and no one can make a public statement unless the parents authorize the agency to do so.

What the parents say and what actually happened may be completely different. Of course, governmental agencies make mistakes so we can’t really know.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Some members will understand that I am mocking the posters who five years ago posted in droves that they sympathized with Joran van der Sloot and that if Natalee Halliday were not a rich, white, blonde American girl, nobody would give a damn about her disappearance.

I understand that you were not here then, but since the van der Sloot trial in Peru starts this week, I wanted to keep things current.
Then
Old 01-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #23
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
i'd find your faith in the system endearing if only it wasn't so arrogant. at the end norwegians and swedish are only human. they can get things wrong some times, you know...
Sure they get it wrong sometimes. But as I said do we really have the story here? It's sensitive information and also according to law the norwegian authority cannot openly discuss this case with the media.

All we got is some understandably angry parents who probably focus on some petty detail they thought got give them support in the media and from the public.

Here in Sweden we have had hundreds of very severe cases of abuse involving people from other countries that might have held their children away from school, prevented them certain medical care etc.

Parents in Scandinavia most certainly have more requirements then they would have in India for example but in Norway everyone that lives their is subject to norwegian law and not the law in their home-country.

They also get more support. Here in Sweden the parents get substantial tax free support for every child all the way until they are 16. Other types of support are also raised with every child if such support is needed (in case of low income which is common for immigrants) That makes sure the parents can afford clothes, a bed, food, medicine and all those things. But sadly some people that come here think that support is "free money" so they sometimes neglect their children, take it for themselves and their expenses or send it home or something.

Child protective services normally only get alerted if something has been wrong for quite some time. It's not like they drive up with a bus, abduct children and then laugh about it. It's a very severe action that takes very solid proof and multiple decision makers. It's not a thing taken lightly. It's easy to get that impression from the article that it was something stupid like authorities paid a surprise visit, saw they slept in the same bed and then decided to take the children. It's because we don't get the real story behind but only some ramblings from the parents
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #24
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Give the kids back. Child rearing is too important to be left up to the state.
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #25
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
So should we leave it to the parents no matter how irresponsible and reckless they are?

What is more important, the right of the parents to bring up their children or the right of the children to receive an appropriate upbringing?

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #26
country flag Logical
Banned!

I think Parents are good always.Sometimes they are angry but good.Children are loved only by parents.Trusts cannot show love.cannot breastfeed children.This abduction of foreign kids is very stupid.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #27
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip_s_m View Post
Except the state wouldn't bring them up. They are given to a foster family that would bring them up like their own.

Also parents doesn't own their children like a possession. Parents are the caretakers. If they are unfit to be caretakers the society should act. That's why the child protective services exist in the first place. They often take the children away from for example drug abusers and mentally unstable people and thereby often saving the child from injury and sometimes even death.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Parents are good always.Sometimes they are angry but good.Children are loved only by parents.Trusts cannot show love.cannot breastfeed children.This abduction of foreign kids is very stupid.
What if the parents are a pair of drug-addicts that aren't even able to feed and bathe their children?

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #29
country flag Logical
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
What if the parents are a pair of drug-addicts that aren't even able to feed and bathe their children?
Grandparents and relations.But that is very rare cases?i think family love is better then caretaking homes because society is very bad too.They can grow kids and later misuse them.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #30
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Grandparents and relations.But that is very rare cases?i think family love is better then caretaking homes because society is very bad too.
It is not difficult to go on internet and search how many children were killed by their abusive, alcoholic, drug addict, and/or uncaring parents. Yes, these are not majority (and thank God for that) but still there are one too many.

It will be great if there are reliable grandparents and/or relatives to take care of children whose parent are unfit but unfortunately lots of abusive parents come from abusive families themselves
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote