Fish/Dimitrov Incident - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish/Dimitrov Incident

Fish behaved like an idiot as usual. If this was an ATP event, he would have been banned. If he can't handle the Bulgarians supporting their man then he shouldn't play in events like The Davis Cup let alone The Hopman Cup.

I'm glad Grigor destroyed him in the singles then rubbed more salt in his wounds in the doubles.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
country flag UsD.AnDreS

UsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond repute

"I don't speak bulgarian, dumbasses" (spits towards the crowd)
UsD.AnDreS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #18
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Big deal
Old 01-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #19
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament has not been kind to Mardy's huge ego From being aced twice by Wozniacki to being trashed by a 20 year old.

Grisha is probably the nicest guy on the tour. What a shame he had to suffer from Mardy's awful attitude.

. . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Mardy probably got mad for not getting any kisses from Grisho at the handshake

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

One thought I had is that there might be a bigger onus on Grigor to keep his cool in this type of situation. Grigor had an incident with an umpire in late 2010 for which he was fined and suspended by the ATP. So now, even if the other player is the instigator, any incident involving GD might bring greater scrutiny on him because he has a 'record'. He'll have to work hard at not allowing himself to be provoked.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
country flag fmolinari2005

fmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond reputefmolinari2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post

I knew supporting Dimitrov would eventually pay off!

COME ON MURRAY!
Andy Murray: USO champion! Roger Federer: LEGEND!

2012: A reminder to all of those who said Murray would never win a GS and that Federer was done winning GS titles!
fmolinari2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
country flag Pipsy

Pipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tennis-Dented pride caused Fish tantrum, says Cash

Mardy Fish blew his top in a bad-tempered Hopman Cup encounter between the United States and Bulgaria because he was embarrassed about being thrashed by his young opponent Grigor Dimitrov, Pat Cash said on Saturday.

Fish received a code of conduct warning for spitting in the direction of noisy Bulgarian fans during his 6-2 6-1 thrashing by 20-year-old Dimitrov on Friday and the pair had to be kept apart in the mixed doubles of the tie.

Tournament referee Soren Friemel confirmed he would compile a written report for the directors of the event and former Wimbledon champion Cash said he believed Fish was suffering from dented pride and unable to control his disappointment.

"You don't often see that, a bit of face-to-face on a tennis court," said Cash, who is working as a television commentator at the Burswood Dome.

"Mardy clearly was not in great form this week. He played pretty poorly and absolutely got annihilated by the youngster.

"Reading between the lines, and I don't know what happened, but it looked like Grigor was just saying to Mardy: 'What have I done wrong? I haven't done anything. I'm just trying to have a bit of fun here and you're attacking me, for what?'

"I don't think there's too much wrong with it. Boys just have to get on with it. They're fierce the competitors, that's the bottom line."

The Hopman Cup is an ITF event but no report will be sent to the governing body. Friemel said he did not expect the board of directors of the Hopman Cup to sanction Fish.

"I think it's better if you ask him (Fish)," Dimitrov said. "I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I'm going to apologise to him in the lockers when I see him, but I don't want to say much else about it."

Dimitrov boarded a flight to Sydney straight after his final Hopman Cup match. He played his first qualifying singles at the Sydney International just three hours after arriving from Perth and won.
And that's the bottom line...

Because Pat Cash said so!

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!

Statistics I maintain on MTF(updated to end of 2013)
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #24
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post

Probably.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #25
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is just lucky that today's tour is full of pussies . Would like to see him talking like this with Tarango or Nastase
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
country flag Riosreigned

Riosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond reputeRiosreigned has a reputation beyond repute

Fish is fishnished
Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #27
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

poor mardy thought it was an exo.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Fish played pretty well against Berdych. I don't think he was treating it like an exho at all. Shame I missed this show as it seems there were some chips with the Fish as well.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

How does Pat Cash know why Fish blew up at Dimitrov? Even if that's probably it, it's a bit misleading that the article reported it as a fact when it was just conjecture.

I don't get why Fish took this match so seriously. Maybe he's just jealous that Dimitrov is hotter than him.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #30
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsD.AnDreS View Post
"I don't speak bulgarian, dumbasses" (spits towards the crowd)

Mardy getting a little cranky in his older age. First that thing with Tsonga at the USO last year and now this, both classless scenarios. With him and Roddick, I'm shocked neither has won a Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Fish is just lucky that today's tour is full of pussies . Would like to see him talking like this with Tarango or Nastase
Fish might have had to play with a busted lip at the AO if he got into this kinda shit with a Connors or a Nastase.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote