Fish/Dimitrov Incident - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
country flag davidrafael

davidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond reputedavidrafael has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fish/Dimitrov Incident

Just wondering if anyone can link me to some footage of the Fish/Dimitrov altercation at last nights Hopman Cup match?

I saw some of it briefly on the news but would like to see it again.

Maybe some of the Bulgarians have some footage on their news sites???

From what i saw i don't think Dimitrov did too much wrong...got a lucky net cord and Fish snapped from that point onwards.....compounded by the fact Dimitrov was thrashing him....And the mixed doubles Fish deliberately tried to hit him, followed up by a verbal altercation whilst walking past....
davidrafael is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish/Dimitrov Incident

Fish just being the usual ass he is.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

http://tennis.sportal.bg/video.php?video=42048

Quote:
Mardy Fish was given a code violation for spitting toward the block of Bulgarian fans during the singles match

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

There was a tweeter exchange with Neil Harman -

NeilHarmanTimes Neil Harman

@MardyFish Interesting exchange with young Grigor, Mardy! Regards from Brisbane
_______

MardyFish Mardy Fish
@
@NeilHarmanTimes You Brits always looking for something! There's nothing there. Great talent he is. Will be a good player for a long time.
_______

NeilHarmanTimes Neil Harman

@MardyFish Good man Mardy. See you next week

MardyFish Mardy Fish
@NeilHarmanTimes Look forward buddy
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...80515L20120106

Quote:
Fish, who also lost in straight sets to Czech Tomas Berdych on Wednesday, directed angry words at Dimitrov while the pair were shaking hands after the singles at Burswood Dome.

During the doubles, Fish appeared to hit a ball straight at the Bulgarian and then approached him as he sat in a chair during a change of ends.

Dimitrov jumped to his feet and the two men argued fiercely before the match referee rushed on to the court and stood between them. It was nearly a minute before order was restored.

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 01-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

I can't say I'm that surprised. Mardy is a pretty sore loser.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Mardy, but how the time go i must say not so much lately. It looks like he can´t handle that he was humiliated by some young player, who is way more talented and will achieve more in his career.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
country flag nadejda

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/0...57371920120107

Quote:
Tennis-Dented pride caused Fish tantrum, says Cash

Mardy Fish blew his top in a bad-tempered Hopman Cup encounter between the United States and Bulgaria because he was embarrassed about being thrashed by his young opponent Grigor Dimitrov, Pat Cash said on Saturday.

Fish received a code of conduct warning for spitting in the direction of noisy Bulgarian fans during his 6-2 6-1 thrashing by 20-year-old Dimitrov on Friday and the pair had to be kept apart in the mixed doubles of the tie.

Tournament referee Soren Friemel confirmed he would compile a written report for the directors of the event and former Wimbledon champion Cash said he believed Fish was suffering from dented pride and unable to control his disappointment.

"You don't often see that, a bit of face-to-face on a tennis court," said Cash, who is working as a television commentator at the Burswood Dome.

"Mardy clearly was not in great form this week. He played pretty poorly and absolutely got annihilated by the youngster.

"Reading between the lines, and I don't know what happened, but it looked like Grigor was just saying to Mardy: 'What have I done wrong? I haven't done anything. I'm just trying to have a bit of fun here and you're attacking me, for what?'

"I don't think there's too much wrong with it. Boys just have to get on with it. They're fierce the competitors, that's the bottom line."

The Hopman Cup is an ITF event but no report will be sent to the governing body. Friemel said he did not expect the board of directors of the Hopman Cup to sanction Fish.

"I think it's better if you ask him (Fish)," Dimitrov said. "I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I'm going to apologise to him in the lockers when I see him, but I don't want to say much else about it."

Dimitrov boarded a flight to Sydney straight after his final Hopman Cup match. He played his first qualifying singles at the Sydney International just three hours after arriving from Perth and won.

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 01-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Who would say that fish and roddick are best buddies
Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

How sad can you get

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny Fish would blow up at Grigor of all people. Who could get mad at him?

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #12
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Fish

Poor Grigor
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #13
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

one word- scumbag
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #14
country flag Serenidad

Serenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond reputeSerenidad has a reputation beyond repute

How dare he do my baby like that! He should be banned from Hopman Cup.

2011 DANIEL BRANDS CHAMPION

Daniel Brands ATP Profile Daniel Brands Facebook Daniel Brands Website Daniel Brands Pictures The Brandwagon
Serenidad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Fish, i swear do most american men in tennis act this ahole like