Roger Federer's 2013 schedule - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roger Federer's 2013 schedule

Here we could post the news about his schedule in 2013.

Tell me if you hear something.

So far I've heard in the media :

- that he will NOT play Abu Dhabi exhibition neither Doha (for Doha it seems that he said it in his press conference yesterday), will start right away with the Australian Open ;

- that he will play Rotterdam again ;

- that the first round of Davis cup in Geneva against Czech Republic is highly doubtful.

Which means for sure at the moment :

Australian Open January 14-27

Rotterdam February 11-17
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
country flag kenneth79

kenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond reputekenneth79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer's 2013 schedule

I must say I approve of this decision. He needs a break over Christmas season especially because of his South American exhibition tour in December.

His plans are probably:

Vacation after tonights match against Djoko --> exhos --> Jan prep --> Aussie Open

I hope he cuts down somewhat on tournaments in 2013. My preferred schedule for him in 2013 would be.

AO , Rotterdam , Dubai , IW , Madrid or Rome ,French , Halle , Wimbledon , Cincy , USO , Beijing , Shanghai , Basel , WTF.

If he does include more take some 250/500 events.

He can now make his own schedule without constraints. Given his age it should be quality over quantity regarding events. Do enough to keep a top4 ranking but save himself more for the Slams and do some minor events to rake in the money and confidence. Dont tire himself out in the Masters 1000.

If he wants I believe he could be capable of staying in the top5 and have possibilities (even though decreasing) of snatching a couple more slams.

Heres to more years of delightful tennis from the master!!

Also like Murray , Tsonga , Nalbandian
kenneth79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote