Out of competiton for the rest of the 2012 - Cheering Thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beginning of 2012 Tournaments/Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Looking good. I see some improvements mostly to his backhand. Djoko will have some troubles this year!
Yeah, it was an improvement but I can only pray he'll be able to beat Nole. Nole looks mighty good still, and you know these mental issues... But I keep praying so hopefully it'll be a good season for Rafa.
At least his mood seems OK.
Rafa up 2nd again on Center today vs Gremelmayr. Vamos!
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #17
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I'm very happy about my level," stated Nadal. "I think I played a very good first set. The only moment that I didn't play well was the beginning of the second and after the tie-break. For the rest [of the match], I think I played solid."

After winning the first set, Nadal fell behind 1-4 before winning three straight games to even the second set. The two battled their way into a tie-break, and it was Kohlschreiber who grabbed an early mini-break, closing the 'breaker out with ease to send the match to a deciding third set.

Kohlschreiber broke to begin the final set, but was unable to maintain his advantage, dropping serve in the ensuing game. Nadal converted a second break to move ahead 3-1, and finished off the match with a routine service game to take the hard-fought meeting in two hours and 33 minutes. "He can play at a very high level," Nadal said. "He has fantastic shots. His serve worked very well for him in moments today, [as well as] his return. Sometimes I felt that I was serving okay, and sometimes his return was very fast. So it was difficult."
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...schreiber.aspx
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa won the 1st Set today

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #19
country flag MariaV

6-2 6-2 vs Gremelmayr, not bad, not bad. Very windy conditions. Let's hope Rafa will keep improving till the AO and all the injury worries are behind us. He actually needed the rest during the offseason after the Davis Cup.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:21 PM   #20
country flag MariaV

Wow, so cool to post here all alone.

Rafa will play vs Youzhny 3rd on Center tomorrow after Federer vs Seppi.
Vamos!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #21
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Bamos, Rafa, humiliate the Colonel!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #23
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Bamos, Rafa, humiliate the Colonel!
Yeah well hopefully the Colonel is not the same he was in 2006.
SF vs Monfils would be tricky though. This Clownfils seems to be in pretty good shape still.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
country flag MariaV

Quote:
"Today the conditions were difficult, but I think I played another solid match, doing a few things really well," assessed Nadal. "I hit good returns, aggressive ones, and good backhands. I think I played a complete match."

Playing with a slightly heavier racquet, Nadal won 33 of his 40 service points and saved the only break point he faced. The 2010 runner-up (l. to Davydenko) converted four of 15 break point opportunities for victory in 90 minutes. "I think I'm returning better, especially [compared to] the last part of the 2011 season," Nadal said. "So that's important, because the beginning of the points a lot of times are the key.

"I'm happy about how my return has worked the two days here and how a few things have worked well with the new weight of the racquet. I'm starting to have good feelings."
And yes he smiled again after the match. There's still work to be done but Rafa if anyone can do it. Vamos!
Mugs like Kohli & Gremelmayr are hardly any comparison though. Let's see IF he can reach the likes of evil Nole or even Murray at the AO again.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...In-Action.aspx
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
country flag MariaV

6-4 6-4 vs Youzhny. Was 4-1 two breaks up in the 2nd set when he let Youzhny break back. And almost f***ed it up serving for the match too.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Very good stuff from Rafa today, the mental walkabout at the end aside. Forehand was looking much better than the previous rounds and BH was still looking good. A trophy this week would be great for his confidence I'm sure, particularly as it will have to come against Fed/Tsonga.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #27
country flag MariaV

Yeah well he wanted to kill me at the end with his 'mental walkabout'.
So not sure about the trophy but we can hope. Semis vs Clownfils 2nd on Center tomorrow. Vamos Rafa!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #28
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #29
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa has played very well so far in Doha. Backhand has improved, return of serve has improved. However, his First serve is nowhere near his USOpen'10/Australian Open'09/Wimbledon'08 levels and his Second serve needs work too.

VAMOS!

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #30
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Rafa Gee it feels so good to be typing that again after last year

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote